• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Confirmed: GBG: Progress not removed with no adjacent sectors (no connection)

scibuff

Sergeant
  • World: en9
  • Browser and Version: Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1.177.6715e89dc4d (29.04.2020 14:22), scibuff (6869907), en9, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/81.0.4044.129, 2133x1041, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)
  • Overview of the bug: My guild conquered a GBG sector from another guild which left that guild's progress on another sector without any connections but the progress was not erased (reset to 0). Several guild members as well as I tried a full refresh even logout/login but the state did not reset. Even worse, today, the other guild continued from 144/160 and took the sector with just 16 fights (points) instead of the full 160.
  • Screenshots:
  • 1588518800485.png
  • How often this occurs: N/A
  • Urgency: game-changing
  • Preventative Actions: N/A
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? Yes (but irrelevant, as the bug is on the server side)

Agent327

Overlord
I have seen it been reported before, but do not know if it was on this forum.

While that Guild has lost the connection to that sector, there is another Guild on that sector that still has a connection. That might be the reason.

scibuff

Sergeant
Could be (that would make sense as the check to remove progress might be incorrect, but the check to allow further progress is not) ... I don't believe the guild was able to continue on the sector (i doubt they'd leave it for almost 20 hours) but I also believe that the other guild didn't even try to conquer the sector because they thought there progress was still there (144/160). Also, once the guild recaptured A2:S they were able to continue from 144.

Emberguard

Legend
@scibuff it has been reported to the devs, however any new reports on it (through the ticket system) would give us an opportunity to look through the logs for probable causes.

scibuff

Sergeant
JSON:
[{"id":21,"victoryPoints":78,"ownerId":12378,"isSpawnSpot":false,"conquestProgress":[{"participantId":12380,"progress":199,"maxProgress":208,"__class__":"GuildBattlegroundConquestProgress"}],"totalBuildingSlots":2,"__class__":"GuildBattlegroundProvince"}]

This is the raw data, still showing the progress (199/208 as a fortress is built on the sector)

scibuff

Sergeant
Very old bug...By this time you should know why it is happening..

Did you deleting buildings from the sector?
What was the progress of the enemy when you did it?

Very unhelpful, but at least you increased your post count ... right

And no, we didn't change anything about how we've been removing that guilds progress since November/December. i.e. sometime, we just beat them to 160. Sometime, we build a fort and then beat them to 208. Other times we switch a camp for a fort etc ... This is the first season we've had this bug (happen 3 times now).

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Very unhelpful, but at least you increased your post count ... right

And no, we didn't change anything about how we've been removing that guilds progress since November/December. i.e. sometime, we just beat them to 160. Sometime, we build a fort and then beat them to 208. Other times we switch a camp for a fort etc ... This is the first season we've had this bug (happen 3 times now).

It is not a new issue happened in beta multiple times

Live servers too

I think we figured it out why it happens, but not tested it.

DeletedUser

1589477607949.png

yeah 1st time i see it on my screen too, i reloaded the page and everything was ok though

DeletedUser110603

Thankyou, we have received reports of this but as yet it cannot be reproduced as it does not occur everytime. If anyone has any specific information leading up to this that might help please let us know via Support.

Agent327

Overlord
I have seen it occur after a sector was taken. The flag on the other sector did not disappear as it should have. However, after leaving GBG and returning again the flag was gone, so it was just a visual bug.

DeletedUser112206

in my GBG ( Langendorn - diamond league) this has happened now twice on 2 different days on 2 different sectors with the same guild being positively effected by this "bug"? - I have also submitted a ticket complaining about it bitterly and it was looked into and claimed to be a known bug, but hasn't been fixed yet obviously.
My strategy didn't work because of this "bug"or is it again the guild that is able to cheat, as we had that once before with that guild - that guild also used fighting scripts in GvG (was never resolved). I also mentioned that in my ticket and now here - took me a while to get onto this forum.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
in my GBG ( Langendorn - diamond league) this has happened now twice on 2 different days on 2 different sectors with the same guild being positively effected by this "bug"? - I have also submitted a ticket complaining about it bitterly and it was looked into and claimed to be a known bug, but hasn't been fixed yet obviously.
My strategy didn't work because of this "bug"or is it again the guild that is able to cheat, as we had that once before with that guild - that guild also used fighting scripts in GvG (was never resolved). I also mentioned that in my ticket and now here - took me a while to get onto this forum.

Inno said they fixed it in Beta...not sure if that went live.

@hawknz Can we get an update?

DeletedUser117610

The problem still exists, the attached image is from a few hours ago. The orange attack on B2t was isolated when B2s was capped. The sector had SC so there was no complication with fortresses or palaces affecting advances.

Isolated.png

Would be funny if it's the color of the flag that is the problem - lol

JSON:
[{"id":21,"victoryPoints":78,"ownerId":12378,"isSpawnSpot":false,"conquestProgress":[{"participantId":12380,"progress":199,"maxProgress":208,"__class__":"GuildBattlegroundConquestProgress"}],"totalBuildingSlots":2,"__class__":"GuildBattlegroundProvince"}]

This is the raw data, still showing the progress (199/208 as a fortress is built on the sector)

Or worse - they are injecting json data into the system to exploit a bug