• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
I play on android so I can't even play gvg so I don't understand the complaints on gvg. But about gbg I'm a little disappointed in the rewards. Only personal reward is some fragments for a rare building? And just some bragging points for the guild? I've used a lot of troops and resources and basically got nothing in return. I feel we should at least get some medals and fp for our efforts
"You can obtain immediate, temporary and permanent rewards in the Battlegrounds. There's a chance to obtain Forge Points, units, attacker boosts, goods, diamonds and fragments for the Statue of Honor after each fight or negotiation"

DeletedUser6065

' . . . There's a chance to obtain Forge Points, units, attacker boosts, goods, diamonds and fragments for the Statue of Honor after each fight or negotiation"
The key here is the phrase 'There's a chance . . '. Doesn't mean your gonna get it. I went many, many of my 100+ fights, and got nothing.
. . . mk

Emberguard

Legend
The key here is the phrase 'There's a chance . . '. Doesn't mean your gonna get it. I went many, many of my 100+ fights, and got nothing.
. . . mk
Not sure what the % is but pretty sure the lower leagues have a smaller chance of a reward appearing. But yes, even then it's still a chance.

DeletedUser117849

Agreed you get some small rewards per battle but after such a long battle the final reward seems so petty lol. Got 11 fragments when I already had 48 from encounters in battlefield. Just felt a little let down ha ha

DeletedUser96901

I think they should remove the fragments as final reward

it is GUILD battleground

so guilds are fighting for POWER and PRESTIGE like in GvG

and players already get their personals reward for fighting or negotiating

DeletedUser96901

Not sure what the % is but pretty sure the lower leagues have a smaller chance of a reward appearing. But yes, even then it's still a chance.
I am not sure if the % is really lower
I think only the rewards are lower

in higher leagues you get more FP (2 in copper, 10 in diamond)
diamonds (5 in copper, 25 in diamond league)
10 or 50 goods, 1 or 5 troops, attack boost (in higher leagues you get more often the better one, I think in diamond you can only get the better one)

Fulhamguy

Corporal
I play on android so I can't even play gvg so I don't understand the complaints on gvg. But about gbg I'm a little disappointed in the rewards. Only personal reward is some fragments for a rare building? And just some bragging points for the guild? I've used a lot of troops and resources and basically got nothing in return. I feel we should at least get some medals and fp for our efforts
Did you not get any fp's or troops or goods or diamonds as rewards, I did. I found the reward system to be pretty good.

DeletedUser96901

Did you not get any fp's or troops or goods or diamonds as rewards, I did. I found the reward system to be pretty good.
some really have bad luck

even with 50% chance they never win

100 times wrong side of a coin toss

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I don't really care about the fragments. It will have little impact for some time to come because I simply won't be able to build it.

Going up in the standings within a battleground gets you ONE more fragment. Going from last to first I would surmise gets you 7 more fragments. I did not look at that, so I might be wrong. Little difference.

Finally got the guild results though. That was worth it. But again, little difference in your standing within a battlefield. So again, last place, as long as I do the 40 encounters is more than sufficient.

AS to going up a league, no thanks! I'm in a very small guild with only 4 members. I am the only one in the guild who did any encounters. I am the only one in all 6 guilds that did any encounters. I took the guild from level 1 to level 9. But I very much doubt I will do any better than last place in the Silver League, not by myself, so why would I try to do more?

50% probability of getting a fragment actually. Not 25%. At least in the copper league. But that is individual reward, not to be confused with guild reward. I got 43 fragments on the world I played by myself in total. That's good enough for me! Don't forget, at this stage of play, I hardly expect to be able to build the Statue for some time to come. So don't belittle me for not wanting more. Because the reality is, I'm not going to get more, not at this point. I've only been playing for a few weeks, have only 120,000 points. And considering that I gain from 15,000 to 30,000 points every championship, on each of 3 worlds, that should be enough said.

And 40 encounters, that is nothing for me to be able to do. 134 on one world, 72 on another, and 139 on my 3rd world. Two level III GEs completed and a level IV. Approximately 450 battles won, Iron Age champion in 1 world 3 times out of the last 4 weeks, Iron Age champion on another 2 times now I think, not much luck on the 3rd world as of yet, but I do finish in the top 5 every week, despite most of the battles only getting me 216 points. Add in the cultural settlement work. I have 3 GBs built on 1 world, with 3 more in the wings with a complete set of blueprints. I have 3 and 4 on the other worlds build, almost all are to level 10 or higher. I have at least a dozen sitting there with a complete set of blueprints. Then there is no quantifying the number of players I've helped, not only in my guilds, but on my friend's list and even my neighbors. This is what it takes to be able to criticize me for my choices, and choices that I stated here that I chose to make or will choose to make. These are my choices. If my guild chooses to do more than 40 encounters in the next battlefield, in an effort to finish first, then I will be right there to help them. That is also my choice and one I freely make. But I will not ask my guild members or my guild mates to even do 1 encounter in the guild battlefield when there is such little difference between first and last place within a battlefield, no matter what the league is. Not while I can get almost the same results by myself. The cost is too high!
problem is that you look only small picture and kinda shortsighted, i dont mean this as an insult but friendly advice, you limited yourself that you will be guild level 9 with 4 players where only 1 is active, why are you doing that? In 1 month things change a lot and that is only 2 gbg from now.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Improve that satue of honour, give it attack precentage at least on level 5 and a lot more players will give a lot more effort in GbG, if needed reduce FPs income from 6 to 3 on level 5 just give it attack boost and all players will participate in gbg if not cause of guild then cause they will want to fill their towns with tons of statues. Do it:
level 1 > 0 fp + 2%
level 2 > 0 fp + 4%
level 3 > 1 fp + 6%
level 4 > 2 fp + 8%
level 5 > 3 fp + 10%
make it just slightly better than those winners plazzas and a lot of players will go hard on GbG just to acumulate them and swap all their estates and winners plazzas with them.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I'm afraid these days it's all about forge points and most will choose forge points over other bonuses. Personally for me reducing forge points to building is downgrade even if other bonuses are added or increased.
i wouldnt mind at all if 6 fps stay + 10% atack but i think then its a bit OP honestly

Ceban

Brigadier-General
and even more won't want it anymore

3 FP on 4x3 is terrible

much worse than Dark Doorways
As i told to overtype:
'i wouldnt mind at all if 6 fps stay + 10% attack but i think then its a bit OP honestly'
Find some middle ground for players with arcs on 80+ wich prefer something else over FPs, make it then 4FPs + 8% attack
That way for attackers it beat plazzas and for farmers it beat SoK's

DeletedUser116872

Thought I would update my previous feedback following completion of the first round.

I still think that attrition was a bad idea and the feature would be better without it. However it's not completely preventing you from fighting and after the first couple of days I exceeded the cap every day without too much fuss. It's just a case of picking your battles (although after about 60 or 70 it really becomes about solo advancement as you won't repeatedly get winnable fights going after a single objective).

I think having negotiate worth double that of fighting is ridiculous. Certainly it's the case that you can auto fight the first few battles very quickly and negotiating is initially much slower. However, as attrition builds up the opposite occurs, many fights need to be done manually and negotiations become much quicker. As attrition reaches the cap, I found it's also sometimes advantageous to restart some battles in the hope of getting better luck from skills like critical hit. It's definitely much quicker to negotiate at this stage. I also don't see why negotiation counts double in the member contribution list either and I think that 1 action should be equal when considering player ranks. A better solution would have been to reduce the cost of negotiation, make initial negotiations easier (therefore faster) and have every action have an equal weighting.

Both the round itself and the cooldown are too long. It's an incredibly repetitive feature so why does it need to be this long? It had got boring by the end of it. 7 days competition with 2 day cooldown would be better.

I think battles should randomise more frequently so that you don't get stuck. I'm not sure exactly what the mechanism is currently but hitting other provinces seemed to cause armies around the map to change eventually. It could however be time based. The fact that they do change is a very good idea. A refresh button would be nice, even if you had to pay a few diamonds to use it.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Thought I would update my previous feedback following completion of the first round.

I still think that attrition was a bad idea and the feature would be better without it. However it's not completely preventing you from fighting and after the first couple of days I exceeded the cap every day without too much fuss. It's just a case of picking your battles (although after about 60 or 70 it really becomes about solo advancement as you won't repeatedly get winnable fights going after a single objective).

I think having negotiate worth double that of fighting is ridiculous. Certainly it's the case that you can auto fight the first few battles very quickly and negotiating is initially much slower. However, as attrition builds up the opposite occurs, many fights need to be done manually and negotiations become much quicker. As attrition reaches the cap, I found it's also sometimes advantageous to restart some battles in the hope of getting better luck from skills like critical hit. It's definitely much quicker to negotiate at this stage. I also don't see why negotiation counts double in the member contribution list either and I think that 1 action should be equal when considering player ranks. A better solution would have been to reduce the cost of negotiation, make initial negotiations easier (therefore faster) and have every action have an equal weighting.

Both the round itself and the cooldown are too long. It's an incredibly repetitive feature so why does it need to be this long? It had got boring by the end of it. 7 days competition with 2 day cooldown would be better.

I think battles should randomise more frequently so that you don't get stuck. I'm not sure exactly what the mechanism is currently but hitting other provinces seemed to cause armies around the map to change eventually. It could however be time based. The fact that they do change is a very good idea. A refresh button would be nice, even if you had to pay a few diamonds to use it.
again another one wich want to make this totaly easy. You want fights without artrition, are you aware that some players would be able to fight to infinity, some are even now reaching 1750% really easy. Without artrition ghosting and one man platinum guilds would be piece of cake.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115340

One question. If a world had one or two guilds promoted to platinum league, what will their battleground look like next season? Will it get filled with gold league guilds like it was on beta?

problem is that you look only small picture and kinda shortsighted, i dont mean this as an insult but friendly advice, you limited yourself that you will be guild level 9 with 4 players where only 1 is active, why are you doing that? In 1 month things change a lot and that is only 2 gbg from now.
Actually, I said I wouldn't be able to build it. Its quite possible I'll have the Statue next round, at least on one world. Depends on how it goes. Building it is a matter of medals, and I'll have other buildings of higher priority when I get them. I've only been playing for 3 months now maybe.

My members are not inactive. They just didn't participate in the battleground. I've already told them they don't have to do so, only if they want the personal rewards. They are further along in Age but not even close to my capabilities in either battle or negotiation. And I have hope cuz they are finally participating in the GE. As to new members, I certainly hope so. But I have to deal with matters as they are. If more join, then plans would probably change, but then, that depends on their capabilities.

Wishes don't win battles. Sound planning does!