• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Whats fun is my guild is White: Gets a little one sided when one side gets ahead, our score is almost already impossible to beat. Looks like Bronze tier will be quite easy to get past, lol. Be interesting what happens later! I see many are just ignoring this new feature atm. Then again, I ignored GVG's existence for years.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
What on Earth is up with the cost of buildings though? My guild needs EMA goods, and it needs hundreds and hundreds and hundreds for just one building? Like 400 goods needed for a simple outpost? lol. Can tell we will never ever build one that costs 4thousand goods.

Def should be shorter rounds, and def needs slower attrition. I know buildings can help but yeesh.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
  • 11 days is too long. The duration needs to be reduced.
  • The attrition ramps up too fast, it should be a gentler increase in the lower levels.
  • Building costs are ridiculously high, cut them by 80% and reduce construction timer to max 2 hours. Another alternative is to only allow buildings on your home province, keep the costs high and let it affect all your territory.
  • Make a new all ages GB that has either a chance to double BG rewards or reduce attrition.
  • Add a small pinned note on the BG map itself that BG commanders can edit to give instructions.
  • Facilitate diplomacy by allowing leaders of two guilds to sign truces (rendering them unattackable for minimum 24 hours then able to break agreement).
  • If province ownership changes while you are in the middle of a fight or negotiation all lost units or goods should be returned to your inventory.
That's not what I want to play, love the way it is now, play GvG if that's how you want to play,cos thats what your asking for another GvG

Whats fun is my guild is White: Gets a little one sided when one side gets ahead, our score is almost already impossible to beat. Looks like Bronze tier will be quite easy to get past, lol. Be interesting what happens later! I see many are just ignoring this new feature atm. Then again, I ignored GVG's existence for years.
My bronze map looks pretty similar except only one other guild has bothered to do anything. I'm thinking that we will probably yo-yo between bronze (walk in the park) and silver (get smashed by the bigger boys)

Last edited:

Ati2

Legend
  • The attrition ramps up too fast, it should be a gentler increase in the lower levels.
  • Building costs are ridiculously high, cut them by 80% and reduce construction timer to max 2 hours. Another alternative is to only allow buildings on your home province, keep the costs high and let it affect all your territory.
  • Make a new all ages GB that has either a chance to double BG rewards or reduce attrition.
  • Add a small pinned note on the BG map itself that BG commanders can edit to give instructions.
  • Facilitate diplomacy by allowing leaders of two guilds to sign truces (rendering them unattackable for minimum 24 hours then able to break agreement).
  • If province ownership changes while you are in the middle of a fight or negotiation all lost units or goods should be returned to your inventory.

+1 to pretty much all of these. Can't say much about building costs since I haven't built a single one, but most people I read are complaining about it, I guess that's true as well.

The new GB is especially a great idea, at least from Inno's side. They wouldn't have to reduce the attrition, and would make a small fortune on yet another new GB. :D GE has its own GB, so GbG could, too.

Attachments

• Forge of Empires_2019-11-19-16-20-13.jpg
    Forge of Empires_2019-11-19-16-20-13.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 160

DeletedUser115340

I agree with all of the above.

I would just add that shields on sectors should stay longer. Maybe 6h would be better. Atm if you want to be succesful, you have to take a sector or 2 every hour or so. First, amount of people to do that daily is absurd, even with almost entire guild participating. Second, even if we ignore attrition issue and the number of people needed to pull it off without big cost, it still takes too much time. You can't ask from guild to come online every hour to fight/negotiate. And if you are not there to take every sector when shield falls the plan will fall apart.

Ati2

Legend
Second, even if we ignore attrition issue and the number of people needed to pull it off without big cost, it still takes too much time.

Speaking of time, has the bot issue ever been resolved in GvG? GbG is new, there are probably no bots yet, but if they are there in GvG, they will surely come to GbG as well—in which case the whole sub-game loses its point.

Giskler

Legend
no you seem confused about how to play GbG
no, you seems confused, you should play in a guild with more than 2 team players so maybe GbG will be good for you
Are you guys from the same guild that's been crying for months in the GVG thread? This thread is for GBG feedback to improve the experience, it has nothing to do with GVG, teamwork, guilds or anything like that. The guilds I am in are winning their BGs, doesn't change the fact that GBG still needs polishing and QoL changes.

Unless you have something substantive to add to the thread can you please stop spamming.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Are you guys from the same guild that's been crying for months in the GVG thread? This thread is for GBG feedback to improve the experience, it has nothing to do with GVG, teamwork, guilds or anything like that. The guilds I am in are winning their BGs, doesn't change the fact that GBG still needs polishing and QoL changes.

Unless you have something substantive to add to the thread can you please stop spamming.

think one does protest a little too much! and as for me spamming, don't think so, I just said there is nothing wrong with how GbG plays and you seem to want it to be GvG mkll, well no if you want that, go play GvG

we do not need flag permissions or lower attrition or any of the other rubbish I keep hearing from the moaners

Giskler

Legend
think one does protest a little too much! and as for me spamming, don't think so, I just said there is nothing wrong with how GbG plays and you seem to want it to be GvG mkll, well no if you want that, go play GvG

we do not need flag permissions or lower attrition or any of the other rubbish I keep hearing from the moaners
So, in one ear and out the other then.

Ati2

Legend
we do not need [...] lower attrition

I think you are the first person to say this, everyone else I read here on the forum said it increases too quickly. Why would you prefer fewer fights and thus overall a slower pace? In my opinion, that's GvG. GbG was supposed to be fast paced, which the high attritions prevent, in my experience.

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I think you are the first person to say this, everyone else I read here on the forum said it increases too quickly. Why would you prefer fewer fights and thus overall a slower pace? In my opinion, that's GvG. GbG was supposed to be fast paced, which the high attritions prevent, in my experience.

today for instance I have completed the first level and 8 parts on the second level in GE so 24 and 25 in GbG all manual fights, no auto I personally think that's plenty

troops will recover overnight ready to do about the same tomorrow,

don't really play GvG, organizing the guild for that one is difficult,

so this and GE are perfect we just go when we are each available, no need to wait till we can all be around, yes we can do sectors quicker if a few are about together, but its not necessary and that's the beauty of GbG so no it doesn't need changing

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Then how it should work, that you can have again ghost guilds??? are you aware that some players can do whole sectors alone with this kind of attrition, what you think what they would do with even slower attrition???