• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116877

Has anyone noticed that there is virtualy no difference in guild power prize at the end if you are first or dead last. For us in Silver league its 40k points difference!!! 168k vs 190k. I mean you are dominating the map, working the whole 11 days and you get 40 k only more than a guild which sat on its hq only! Is that fair or am i missing something?

DeletedUser96901

Has anyone noticed that there is virtualy no difference in guild power prize at the end if you are first or dead last. For us in Silver league its 40k points difference!!! 168k vs 190k. I mean you are dominating the map, working the whole 11 days and you get 40 k only more than a guild which sat on its hq only! Is that fair or am i missing something?
have you noticed that there is a FAQ

• Why the difference in rewards is so close between first and last places?
    • Because the worst reward of a given league must be better than the best reward of the league below. The main reason to try to win a given Battleground is to get to the next league, as the league alone has a pretty big impact on your rewards, not only placement rewards, but also the forge point drops you occasionally get. The higher the league, the more FP and Diamonds you can get (diamonds are 5 in Copper league, and +5 for each league higher). The chance to get 5 units is low in Copper league, but this chance is increased up until Diamond League. The higher leagues have the best rewards. To move in the leagues, you need to gain MMR, which means that if you finish a battleground in a very good position, you will gain more MMR, thus you’ll move faster to the next leagues.
so you are missing that your goal is not the higher reward for being 1st
your goal is to move to a higher league with higher rewards

so the guild in 1st could win next season 400k in the higher league
and the guild on last place could be in the lower league and there they could end with 40k

so what is the difference then ?
still 168k vs 190k ?
or actually 400k vs 40k if you compare the same 2 guilds this season and next season

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116877

have you noticed that there is a FAQ

so you are missing that your goal is not the higher reward for being 1st
your goal is to move to a higher league with higher rewards

so the guild in 1st could win next season 400k in the higher league
and the guild on last place could be in the lower league and there they could end with 40k

so what is the difference then ?
still 168k vs 190k ?
or actually 400k vs 40k if you compare the same 2 guilds this season and next season

Thanks for pointing this out, but thats a disaster of its own. I dont want to get to gold league and get the likes of Lords of War or any other top ranking guilds ...who to make all things better like to Force alliances .... Against me. Ok, eventualy they will get higher, but this looks like you Can win One, then get asswooping on Next grounds...fall again down, then win and so on and on

DeletedUser116877

And the unfortunate part is still guild rankings! We are winning almost every GE, but doing less un gvg and that means you are in a pathetic position on rankings. I hope GbG results will influence rankings.....

Benjai

Private
- Please don't change (reduce) attrition. We don't want a handful of players doing 1000+ encounters a day and carrying the entire team like it is with GvG. This should reward overall team participation, not guilds with a couple of very strong players. People are already spending too much time as it is with this.

- Perhaps 11 day season is a little long. Maybe 7 days?

- No to additional controls. It is fun to watch people scatter flags everywhere :)

- Building costs (at gold level) are fine. We don't want them spammed. Maybe reduce the cost in lower leagues and increase for higher?

Last edited:

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
Ah, that's the problem right there. Try doing a hundred or preferably more, then you'll see what everyone is talking about.

GbG finally introduced something that has a point. Something that gives rewards people can actually use. Something that all guild members can actually use if they participate. For that, they need to fight, though. Saying that 25 fights a day is enough sounds insane to me. If all someone wants is 25 fights, then what kind of rewards do they expect? When do they want to build up the buildings that GbG gives? In two years? Why do they want to get fewer FPs as rewards than if they fought more?

Are you playing for a reward that you will get in two or three years? If so, why? What's the point? What do you expect to get out of GbG?

I am consistently no:1 across 4 ages in my hood and I get moved a lot, like most weeks, last week over with 3mil points in hood top era, so why do I need to do more and am happy with the amount of fragments I have so again why do I need OR WANT to do more

DeletedUser115340

I like when the game is a challenge and not just the tedious, repetitive click rush it tends to be.

What's not repetitive about GbG? I won a lot of fights on manual since it's started and it's getting boring because it is repetitive. There are only few army combinations in total and it's possible to beat 50% of them manually even with 1750% boost. In case you can't beat the current army on the sector you are trying to get, just find a random sector, beat that one and come back to the one you want.
Yes, you need the tactic to know which army to use when fighting but other than that it's impossible to have a long term tactic for overall GbG. That is, it's impossible unless few people dedicate at least few hours a day to just looking what changed on the map and give instructions.

You complain that GvG is just clicking autobattle, but I see there is a lot more possibilities to develop different tactics regardless if your guild is working alone or with an ally. If you don't realise that, it's not the issue of the game, it just requires a bit of immagination.

And the unfortunate part is still guild rankings! We are winning almost every GE, but doing less un gvg and that means you are in a pathetic position on rankings. I hope GbG results will influence rankings.....

If I understood correctly, GbG will only give guild power and with prestige from guild level influence the ranking (GvG, GE and HoF also impact the level). For my guild atm guild level brings in 26% of total prestige we have. So it's far less than 50:50 as they said in the first announcement.

DeletedUser110327

Hey, if a new GB for GbG comes along, make it EMA specific, ie, you can't construct it unless you're at least EMA. That might discourage Iron Age camping :D

Ati2

Legend
- Please don't change (reduce) attrition. We don't want a handful of players doing 1000+ encounters a day and carrying the entire team like it is with GvG. This should reward overall team participation, not guilds with a couple of very strong players.

Please make your city stronger. ;)

Ati2

Legend
I am consistently no:1 across 4 ages in my hood and I get moved a lot, like most weeks, last week over with 3mil points in hood top era, so why do I need to do more and am happy with the amount of fragments I have so again why do I need OR WANT to do more
You don't need to do more. Is that the reason why you don't want others to do more either? Because you personally don't want to, so they shouldn't either?

Ati2

Legend
Hey, if a new GB for GbG comes along, make it EMA specific, ie, you can't construct it unless you're at least EMA. That might discourage Iron Age camping :D
Iron Age camping is bad because...? I mean, other than the fact that you're not doing it so nobody else should either. :D

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
You don't need to do more. Is that the reason why you don't want others to do more either? Because you personally don't want to, so they shouldn't either?

Because it is intended to be fair for all

so the players with hundreds of rogues and level hundred GB's can't take every sector in the 1st couple of hours leaving 'normal' players demoralized and feeling like whats the point? if they are fighting over 6th - 8th in the GbG with no chance of moving into a higher league

DeletedUser96901

let the top guys make their 1000 or more battles a day

you know how that will end ?
in a few seasons those guys end all in top league battling against other players making 1000 battles a day

and then "normal" players fight in gold league against other "normal" players

Ati2

Legend
Because it is intended to be fair for all

so the players with hundreds of rogues and level hundred GB's can't take every sector in the 1st couple of hours leaving 'normal' players demoralized and feeling like whats the point? if they are fighting over 6th - 8th in the GbG with no chance of moving into a higher league
I think it's perfectly normal that a newcomer who doesn't even have decent GBs doesn't automatically win the game.

DeletedUser96901

they could then adjust the number of advances needed
from 40 (copper) / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (diamond)
to 40 (copper) / 80 / 160 / 320 / 640 (diamond)

and then happy battling in diamond

LA - Free UA

Sergeant
I think it's perfectly normal that a newcomer who doesn't even have decent GBs doesn't automatically win the game.

true and I never said they had to WIN

but if you have fought away with your lvl 5 zeus and your EMA troops to get your 1 sector giving your all and as soon as lock out is over the big hitters with 2k fights available comes in and snatches that sector in minuets???? you tell me you are going to come back and try again..........................no way

DeletedUser115340

true and I never said they had to WIN

but if you have fought away with your lvl 5 zeus and your EMA troops to get your 1 sector giving your all and as soon as lock out is over the big hitters with 2k fights available comes in and snatches that sector in minuets???? you tell me you are going to come back and try again..........................no way

How do you plan to end up in the same league with people doing 2k fights per day wih lvl 5 Zeus? Either you will have team backing you up so you won't win the sector alone or you won't be in the same league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ati2

Legend
Definitely not with a level 5 Zeus in EMA. What are we even talking about here?

Benjai

Private
Please make your city stronger. ;)

Hello sorry but what makes you think my city is not strong? Although my lvl 110 arc is a bit lower than yours, I have twice as many 80+ GBs than you do.

But enough about our own cities. Being strong individually wasn't my point at all. It was about encouraging more people to participate which seems like what Inno wants.

Ati2

Legend
Hello sorry but what makes you think my city is not strong? Although my lvl 110 arc is a bit lower than yours, I have twice as many 80+ GBs than you do.

But enough about our own cities. Being strong individually wasn't my point at all. It was about encouraging more people to participate which seems like what Inno wants.

Encourage more people WITH DECEND GBs to participate. We're talking about trying to win with a level 5 Zeus in EMA. Of course they won't be able to do many fights. What the heck are they even doing in EMA?

See the thread on "era trolls." People who have no idea what they are doing, complaining that they allowed others to attack them (unlocked the tech to allow it), and now people are attacking them. Well, it's very easy to avoid: read the damn thing, and understand what you are doing. If you are not ready to defend yourself, don't allow others to attack you yet.

Same with GbG. If you are not ready yet (such as a level 5 Zeus in EMA), then don't try to win this part of the game yet. Get ready first. Prepare your city. THEN take part and win.