• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #98 2019-03-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I was always ariving late at the offices I worked in – Many of the Early employees would many times say quite loud out "Goodmorning!" – it really did not matter much – at 4:00 PM they would hurry out the door, like they were escaping capitvity - I would gladly hang around til later in the evening, becasue I liked what I did. My Night rythm has been like this all my life – I am nocturnal – in fact so cracy nocturnal that if I give free reign to my sleeping cycle I will end with getting up at 6:00 AM on a monday morning – like twice a year. That luckily also happened in some of the offices - And I was happy to great the "early" employees with a "Goodmorning!" and even happier when they as usual would leave at 4:00PM and I could add – Thats pretty early?.

It is scentifically tested and proven that the majority of people are not very "creative" in the early hours of the day 6:00 AM to about 9:00 AM – people can do all sorts of tasks but nothing inventive. The few early mornings I was naturally curious about the usual so early employees – And I could tell that they in fact did nothing much usefull in thee first hours – all Coffee bullcrap, small chit chat and checking a few things.

later I always wondered why when ther ewas a building project nearby – The craftsmen would come and start working freaking early - it would usually be Quite Loud! – but most of the time silence would follow after just about max 1 hours time and then nothing much would happen till around 11 AM – then offcourse the lunch break would come and the work woudl stop again. Only in the few hours af ter lunch break one coudl hear them wroking for real.

Early working is usually just bullcrap – it´s highly ineffective for most jobs (not all) but most and particular office jobs that demands some brain activity.

My Finger (you know which) with regards to whomever thought that coming so ealry to work was a great idea and even a larger finger to those who deem themself great employees and say "Goodmorning!" in that particular Tone to feel better about themself, and for following this stupidity for just being able to get fast home in the afternoon and away from their apparently miserable job they choose.

Goodnight ;)

DeletedUser113125

I worked nights for a while and I preferred it. I would be bright and awake having slept well in the day. It was quiet and peaceful and the roads would be clear. It suited my body clock better and there were fewer people about which suited me too. I loved seeing the sunrise and how still everything was early in the morning.

Many of us here work 72 to 100 hours a week.
The law limits weekly work hours at 72 hours if your basic salary is less than $4500 for a 44 hour work week. Many foreign workers demand to work more than 72 hours because they are here to make money for a few years then go home.

The problem is when customers apply "humane" standards of not more than 60 hours a week. Imposing this rule for just 2 weeks is sufficient to trigger mass resignation.

DeletedUser113125

Many of us here work 72 to 100 hours a week.
The law limits weekly work hours at 72 hours if your basic salary is less than $4500 for a 44 hour work week. Many foreign workers demand to work more than 72 hours because they are here to make money for a few years then go home.

The problem is when customers apply "humane" standards of not more than 60 hours a week. Imposing this rule for just 2 weeks is sufficient to trigger mass resignation.
We have the EWTD or European Working Time Directive but you can ‘opt out’ or be encouraged to. I suppose we will lose that with Brexit.
Is $4500 a month?

We have the EWTD or European Working Time Directive but you can ‘opt out’ or be encouraged to. I suppose we will lose that with Brexit.
Is $4500 a month?

$4500 a month for 44-hour work week.
The law stipulates that hours beyond that are paid at overtime rates of at least 1.5X salary on weekdays or 2X salary on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.