• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Defense versus attack bonus

• Thread starter DeletedUser114563
  • Start date

DeletedUser114563

Why are not there any attack objects equivalent to the Watchfire and the Ritual Flame that one could get easily ( and a lot of ) to balance out this huge difference of excessive defense bonus and lacking of attack bonus ??

DeletedUser110327

Agent, you are an intriguing character. The way you strut around the forums like you own the place, coupled with the fact that none of the mods ever dare to tell you to wind your neck in leads me to believe that perhaps you do. If the Devs marketed the game as bullying and stealing rather than war and plundering, at least people wouldn't have anything to complain about then.

DeletedUser114563

Why are not there any attack objects equivalent to the Watchfire and the Ritual Flame that one could get easily ( and a lot of ) to balance out this huge difference of excessive defense bonus and lacking of attack bonus ??

DeletedUser96901

because attack is already overpowered compared to defense

DeletedUser112892

Because even 300% bonus attack can beat even 1000% bonus defence :)

DeletedUser114563

Why is then that some of the guild members can never take revenge on their attackers.
My members don't have +300 attack bonus so please stop bringing this point up as it's meaningless and it has been brought up a few times now :(
The balanced equation would be eg. +50/+50 attack/defense bonus where then one would see the aggressor skills in coming up with a good combination of defense while being attacked by some one he plundered.

DeletedUser106696

So what. The actual problem with defensive armies is that no matter how much of a brick wall you make them, they still always hit like a wet noodle unless you sink the 1000's of fp's into a Lv60-70+ St.Basils + Deal Castle. (and who *really* wants that eye sore hogging up space?!)

The people who "get picked on" by us "have-no-lives bullies who live in our mother's basements" types are those who typically;
- never upgrade their defenses in any way.
- can never be bothered to collect their gak on time.
- relentlessly whine & call anyone

If you have a busy real life commitment/s, then set your pick-up times for the time when you know you can be on-line to pick up everything at once. (ie: use the 24hr productions)

And sure, a 1000% defense while really, really tough, is still rendered somewhat pointless unless you can boost the atk% of the defending army.

Oh dear, you don't really understand RL very well, or at least the commitments this sometimes forces outside of FoE...

I am juggling job (on call), 4 kids, an elderly relative living with us, and a smallholding with plenty of livestock.

The idea that I know 24 h in advance when I have to work / comfort a child / look after an animal or clean up my great aunt is just ludicrous...
All you proponents of the school of "Collect on time bla bla" , are you all single, living in your teenage bedrooms, or simply callous enough to tell the rest of the world to b*** off during collection time?
Perhaps you should try to get out a little more...

But what I don't get is why the PvP AI is so badly weighted towards the attacker. I have just under 600 % def bonus and still see attackers with 200-300 % attack get through without losing a single unit 'cos the defense AI behaves downright suicidal (not making use of terrain to hide, attacking the wrong units etc.)
I accept that I will get attacked and occasionally plundered as I cannot give FoE enough priority to prevent that from happening, but why can't there at least be fair fights rather than that stealing candy from a baby c**p?

DeletedUser114563

Buddy it's really hard to understand what you're trying to say in your second paragraph but your first line hits the nail on the head quoting "Oh dear, you don't really understand RL very well". Some players think the way they play ( by force they want you to digest it ) is the only way to play, forgetting people have a RL that sometimes is very demanding and stressfull, so the last thing you want to see is that you've been plundered ( you just want to kill that moron who plundered you ).

DeletedUser114563

Sorry buddy, read it again and it makes all sense.
I have a 87 year old mom with 85 disability so a lot of my day is spent looking after her, do a bit of shopping everyday and basically the rest of the day I spend playing my 4 FoE games in 2 of my PCs. I have 3 small guilds.

DeletedUser114563

Also have 24 budgies and 2 canaries which take a bit of time to feed them and keep the 8 cages clean ( so it's not the rest of the time on the 2 PCs ). I have a lady who comes every morning to see to my mom's needs, I also spend some time cooking and keeping the place clean.

Agent327

Overlord

There are . They are called militairy buildings.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You sound like a busy guy Pedro.

I only spend an hour or two on the game every day, but I concentrate on one city only. I'm quite happy that players who spend longer online generally do better. Do you think that's unfair?

DeletedUser114563

Agent327 don't you have nothing better to do ? I really wish you'd keep your sarcastic comments to yourself :(
Praeceptor your logic isn't so good, a Strike Team Center takes up 12 blocks, require 2 700 population and costs a leg and a arm, the Watchfire ( +4% ) takes up 1 block and costs nothing, the Ritual Flame ( +8% ) takes up 2 blocks and costs nothing.
So where are they equivalent ?! Absolutely not at all, I guess :(
Sometimes I wonder why I bother to reply to you guys :(

vikingraider

Emperor
Agent327 don't you have nothing better to do ? I really wish you'd keep your sarcastic comments to yourself :(
Praeceptor your logic isn't so good, a Strike Team Center takes up 12 blocks, require 2 700 population and costs a leg and a arm, the Watchfire ( +4% ) takes up 1 block and costs nothing, the Ritual Flame ( +8% ) takes up 2 blocks and costs nothing.
So where are they equivalent ?! Absolutely not at all, I guess :(
Sometimes I wonder why I bother to reply to you guys :(

Level Zeus up for attack bonus. Only 6 squares and get it high enough, it gives better value than watchfire/flame

DeletedUser114563

And apart from that ( which has taken me 4 years to get a +36% ) what else do you suggest ?
I'm looking at 1x1 (+4%) or 2x1 (+8%) objects that we could get like hot cakes, that don't take 4 years to reach +36% where if you have 5 Ritual Flames you get +40% and you can get them maybe in a month only.

DeletedUser96901

do you want those +4% only against neighbors ?
(not in GE, map or GvG battles)

DeletedUser114563

I've been playing the game for 4 years now so please keep your suggestions to yourself.
If you don't understand what I'm trying to put thru' please don't hog up this thread !!!!!!!!!