• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wasting diamonds on storing buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser112545
  • Start date

DeletedUser112545

So, for the first time I used one of my 'store event building' resources, placing my Champions Quarter briefly into storage to make a bit of space. On bringing it out 15 minutes later, I had lost the unlocked unit option that had cost me 50 diamonds to buy.

I contacted support who basically said "tough", saying this was a decision they made a while ago to delete bought unit space in military buildings when storing. I was also told this was posted on a forum at the time, so I should have known.

What?? I am a relatively new player, and I should scour a forum to find a post I didn't know existed before using a tool offered for the specific purpose with no pop up warning? What a load of baloney. I complained about this obvious profiteering practice, and was met with some sympathy. Told to post on here with the hope the player base could get this stupid decison reveresed.

Thoughts?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Told to post on here with the hope the player base could get this stupid decison reveresed.

Thoughts?

They're just mocking you with that comment. Can only think of one time in 5 years Inno reversed anything due to player pressure and a year or so later they did what everybody complained about anyway. (Wasn't this specific game)

By placing in your inventory you basically reset it so I would expect the troop slot to reset too. If I'm moving stuff around I tend to delete goods buildings which provide a lot of room for reshuffling buildings around.

Agent327

Overlord
What?? I am a relatively new player, and I should scour a forum to find a post I didn't know existed before using a tool offered for the specific purpose with no pop up warning? What a load of baloney. I complained about this obvious profiteering practice, and was met with some sympathy. Told to post on here with the hope the player base could get this stupid decison reveresed.

Thoughts?

If you do not want to scour a forum you can always use the next option and ask. What would have happened if you found out later that unlocking that unit is a waste of diamanonds. Would you have asked those diamonds back?

Emberguard

Legend
I can understand this decision. If they didn't do this then they'd have to list each building that has a unlocked slot individually in your inventory. Which when you already have other instances of that building in your inventory is going to be impossible to tell which had the extra slot. Not to mention you'll already have plenty of pages just from having multiple ages of the same building

Well, if it makes you feel better- at least you didn't sell your Rogues hideout, thinking you could just buy another one when needed. After Traz, and having 125 rogues (along with all the other troops), figured I could use the space for a while, since making 2 lane roads, moving things, etcetc. Imagine my chagrin when I found that Rogue Hideout does not exist in my military merchandise seller- So WTH didnt I store that sucker. Oh well- hindsight. Hope I can win another.

DeletedUser112861

So, for the first time I used one of my 'store event building' resources, placing my Champions Quarter briefly into storage to make a bit of space. On bringing it out 15 minutes later, I had lost the unlocked unit option that had cost me 50 diamonds to buy.

I contacted support who basically said "tough", saying this was a decision they made a while ago to delete bought unit space in military buildings when storing. I was also told this was posted on a forum at the time, so I should have known.

Thoughts?

That's why I never waste diamonds on additional slots

Emberguard

Legend
also why I'm keeping my spearfighters that I opened a slot on before I knew better. Great for fighting neighbours and having weekly medals :lol:

DeletedUser106696

I can understand this decision. If they didn't do this then they'd have to list each building that has a unlocked slot individually in your inventory. Which when you already have other instances of that building in your inventory is going to be impossible to tell which had the extra slot. Not to mention you'll already have plenty of pages just from having multiple ages of the same building

That's a very good point, but imho Inno still could (and should) warn players that slots are going to be reset, or at least provide a tool tip. After all, you get a warning that you won't get diamonds back when you sell a premium building, or when you place a goods building without having the right deposit etc. etc.

I do not think it's realistic to make a young player hunt down the ins and outs of every feature on forum contributions gone past. What's next? Check out whether an oasis causes water damage to anything planted next to it? Never place a tiger's den next to a farm 'cause the tiger might eat the chickens and thus reducing yield?

Of course I know that these don't happen, but put yourself into the shoes of a new player - how on earth would they know which features they have to research and which will work just fine?

Emberguard

Legend
What's next? Check out whether an oasis causes water damage to anything planted next to it? Never place a tiger's den next to a farm 'cause the tiger might eat the chickens and thus reducing yield?
:lol: well, if there was another separate aspect to the game like how we have GE and GvG they could do something like this

but yeah it would be a reasonable expectation for them to be perfectly capable of warning about slots. Not like it'd take any special coding to do so

DeletedUser111589

You should have expected it. Never do something which could potentially revert state of things, especially if premium currency was used, without asking around.

That's a common sense in every game.

DeletedUser112545

That's a very good point, but imho Inno still could (and should) warn players that slots are going to be reset, or at least provide a tool tip. After all, you get a warning that you won't get diamonds back when you sell a premium building, or when you place a goods building without having the right deposit etc. etc.

I do not think it's realistic to make a young player hunt down the ins and outs of every feature on forum contributions gone past. What's next? Check out whether an oasis causes water damage to anything planted next to it? Never place a tiger's den next to a farm 'cause the tiger might eat the chickens and thus reducing yield?

Of course I know that these don't happen, but put yourself into the shoes of a new player - how on earth would they know which features they have to research and which will work just fine?
Yeah, a simple pop up warning would have stopped me from doing it, like the one about moving buildings that have bonuses when placed next to each other.

The warning wasn't there so that I would waste diamonds, and they know this. Shady!

DeletedUser110531

Personally, I don't use the unlock slots because I have an Alcatraz so I find no need for them. It is very useful for players just starting out but when you start getting more advanced you find other things that are more important for diamonds, such as expansions.

DeletedUser111866

This issue is the very reason I don't unlock more rogue slots for my buildings, and should I play a CR I will most likely also keep it down to 2 slots.

Amy Steele

General

Nice idea! Copied the relevant posts to a new ideas thread, and will make sure it gets forwarded :)

Thanks to Neoth for pointing this thread out to me 8-)

DeletedUser6065

Why are you building Chump Headquarters in the first place???
. . . . mk

DeletedUser112861

They are extremely useful in HMA and LMA, for instance.
Fastest way to get troops for a new era when you have an Alca.
Yes I agree with both of you. For instance, I have a Champion Retreat myself. Still trying to get a reno or one up kit...

An EMA Champion actually once two-hit KOéd my Mercenary, even though light units have bonus against fast. I used to use my Champion as a meatshield/tank once to take on the first hits or so

DeletedUser109832

I've often used 8 champions for an easy win in GE when nothing else has worked. They can be very useful.
It's the Drummer Schools and Color Guard camps that you can happily destroy once you hit a higher age (around Colonial/Industrial).