• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bullies

DeletedUser12400

I only want to help you guys understand so you can decide whether to continue playing. I hope you do, but it's completely your choice. Attacking and plunder is part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component.

The player who is attacking you everyday, isn't doing any harm unless he/she is successful in plundering you. Houses and production buildings cannot be plundered if they are motivated, so try to build a big friends list and motivate/polish everyday. Your friends and guildmates(try to join a large guild) should reciprocate daily. This prevents anybody from plundering coin or supply. Now all you have to do is collect your goods and buildings that can't be motivated on time and you have nothing to worry about. Those buildings cannot be plundered until they are finished producing and if you're there to collect them at that time, nobody else can get them. Set the timing for every 24 hrs at bed time or something like that when you know you should have time to log in quickly and collect them. Then reset your timer for 24 hrs again and same thing the next night.

This is how the game is played, people attack you for points to compete in the PvP tower and this wins them medals which they use to expand their city. After they attack you successfully, they are given a chance to plunder from you some time in the next 24 hrs. This is an extra incentive the game gives to encourage PvP. Your defending army is automatically healed when the battle is over so the actual attack against you does no harm. It only earns the attacker some points for his/her PvP tower.

I can suggest to collect on time; try diplomacy; use city shield; get your buildings motivated; put your best defence ect.

DeletedUser110433

Work smarter, not harder.
I'd suggest checking out the Wiki to compare buildings to find the best one, using a city planner to make the most of your space and join guild swap groups to get your GBs up. I may only play for 20 minutes some days, but I currently collect over 200 FPs/day on my Industrial Age city.
Shame on you stating that 200 FP/day collection is normal!!!!! At Indy you should have some 40x40 squares of town that means if the entire city is covered with SoKs only it would give 400. Other buildings of FP income are Town hall=6FP, 24h=24FP, Level 10 CDM = 6, Level 10 Hagia = 6, Level 10 Cape = 10. That is toal of 52 FPs. Claming that some special buildings give FPs, i can say no special building is more efficient than SoK with 0.25FP per square. So i conclude that you think 148 SoKs in Indy is normal.... . Yes, i know you did not say exactly like that, but your exceptional progress can not be considered a good example, since it is well above average.

DeletedUser106696

I'm really struggling to understand why you consider yourself so much at the mercy of your attacker: S/He may have a few million points more, but that does not equate a lot more tech since the changes to the hoodie merge system:
Even if you have just entered a new age, simply play GE for a few weeks (even if you do only L1, you'll have 4 current age troops by the end of week 1 - repeat for a 2nd week and you have 8...). After a month you can start rotating troops to keep him/her guessing and thus inflict more damage on his/her troops without having research a single military tech in your age

Also, why don't you get yourself a bit of a tavern boost and pay a return visit - that may attract a bit more attention than whiney letters. The AI is so heavily skewed in favour of attackers that you should be able to get through against almost any defense (keep in mind that each rouge gives you a free hit...so show up with 6-7)

DeletedUser103052

Shame on you stating that 200 FP/day collection is normal!!!!! At Indy you should have some 40x40 squares of town that means if the entire city is covered with SoKs only it would give 400. Other buildings of FP income are Town hall=6FP, 24h=24FP, Level 10 CDM = 6, Level 10 Hagia = 6, Level 10 Cape = 10. That is toal of 52 FPs. Claming that some special buildings give FPs, i can say no special building is more efficient than SoK with 0.25FP per square. So i conclude that you think 148 SoKs in Indy is normal.... . Yes, i know you did not say exactly like that, but your exceptional progress can not be considered a good example, since it is well above average.

I never claimed it was average, it was an example of what can be achieved through better organisation.

P.S. And if you are interested, I do not have nearly that many shrines, I currently have;
35 from SoKs, 46 from Bazaars, 5 from TH, 66 from Cape, 5 from AO, 9 from CdM, 10 from Hagia, 6 from Inno, 2 from Scientist and 24 daily. Giving 204 per day. This was achieved mainly from lots of careful swaps and then just reinvesting into my Cape for a while. Getting from about level 40-65 on most buildings in insanely easy with enough friends with Arcs. If you want more tips on how to level then just ask. I just wanted to give this as an example that such things can be achieved without crazy amounts of money or time. :)

DeletedUser105544

I never claimed it was average, it was an example of what can be achieved through better organisation.

P.S. And if you are interested, I do not have nearly that many shrines, I currently have;
35 from SoKs, 46 from Bazaars, 5 from TH, 66 from Cape, 5 from AO, 9 from CdM, 10 from Hagia, 6 from Inno, 2 from Scientist and 24 daily. Giving 204 per day. This was achieved mainly from lots of careful swaps and then just reinvesting into my Cape for a while. Getting from about level 40-65 on most buildings in insanely easy with enough friends with Arcs. If you want more tips on how to level then just ask. I just wanted to give this as an example that such things can be achieved without crazy amounts of money or time. :)
still prefer good old battle points over FPs farming, but on the other hand I'm impressed with your achievement in Industrial Age dude.

DeletedUser109268

still prefer good old battle points over FPs farming, but on the other hand I'm impressed with your achievement in Industrial Age dude.

I agree with you about battle points over FPs farming.

I only want to help you guys understand so you can decide whether to continue playing. I hope you do, but it's completely your choice. Attacking and plunder is part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component.

The player who is attacking you everyday, isn't doing any harm unless he/she is successful in plundering you. Houses and production buildings cannot be plundered if they are motivated, so try to build a big friends list and motivate/polish everyday. Your friends and guildmates(try to join a large guild) should reciprocate daily. This prevents anybody from plundering coin or supply. Now all you have to do is collect your goods and buildings that can't be motivated on time and you have nothing to worry about. Those buildings cannot be plundered until they are finished producing and if you're there to collect them at that time, nobody else can get them. Set the timing for every 24 hrs at bed time or something like that when you know you should have time to log in quickly and collect them. Then reset your timer for 24 hrs again and same thing the next night.

This is how the game is played, people attack you for points to compete in the PvP tower and this wins them medals which they use to expand their city. After they attack you successfully, they are given a chance to plunder from you some time in the next 24 hrs. This is an extra incentive the game gives to encourage PvP. Your defending army is automatically healed when the battle is over so the actual attack against you does no harm. It only earns the attacker some points for his/her PvP tower.

I can suggest to collect on time; try diplomacy; use city shield; get your buildings motivated; put your best defence ect.

I can't agree more! Well said

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I only want to help you guys understand so you can decide whether to continue playing. I hope you do, but it's completely your choice. Attacking and plunder is part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component...

Thank you Overtype; a sensible and well reasoned post. I fear it won't placate many of the moaning minnies on this game, but it might make a few of them realise that it's not personal.

Perhaps a few more of us stronger players ought to start plundering a bit more often so it becomes the norm, like in the old days :)

DeletedUser11930

I have suffered in some worlds at the hands of certain players what infuriates me more than anything is that an attacker can return for up to a period of 24 hrs from original attack to plunder ie can hit at say 0915 today and then come back to plunder anytime up to 0914 tomorrow if nothing available and plunder then attack again and repeat if nothing else available.
I believe if nothing available to plunder when you attack then why would you just be able to return and plunder say 12 hrs later without having to combat for it this should be addressed and made impossible I've seen so many newer players quit because established players do this to cities and the newer player has no chance of progression so gets bored and quits the game

DeletedUser

A lot of young players don't really know much about the history of the game and a lot of them are missing out on what the game is all about.

DeletedUser110474

It maybe worthwhile to help new players on how to defend themselves. I know they can search for the answer, but quick help would suffice

DeletedUser107699

I was bullied by the #1 in my world before the hood adjustments, i sent him a polite message asking him to limit the plunder as i put my best troops on defense for maximum points. After the message he was happy that i wasnt rude and we became friends. Now i donate to his GB's and he donates to mine. The moral of this story is that there is always a solution. If you threaten attacks against his weaker members, it could make them more upset and attack even harder. If you play GvG, you could threaten attacks in gvg but try making friends first, tavern second, gvg third :)

Good luck, i know how demoralizing it can be.

DeletedUser110165

I attack as many as I can. I just keep going until my troops are dead. I never surrender. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. Training new troops is cheap except for time. The only prevention is not having what I'm looking for.

Don't blame me for plundering you. Blame the players with 2 spear chuckers for defense which seam to be 2/3. If everybody had even just a few troops to do some damage I would not be able to attack so many at a time and might have to stop before I even get to your town.

DeletedUser103223

I attack as many as I can. I just keep going until my troops are dead. I never surrender. If I win, I win. If I lose, I lose. Training new troops is cheap except for time. The only prevention is not having what I'm looking for.

Don't blame me for plundering you. Blame the players with 2 spear chuckers for defense which seam to be 2/3. If everybody had even just a few troops to do some damage I would not be able to attack so many at a time and might have to stop before I even get to your town.

Love the attitude, but if you know for sure your gonna lose the battle, click surrender and save whatever troops you have left. Killing a few more of the enemy's troops doesn't do anything, all of his come back to life after the battle. All your doing is slowing down how fast you can attack someone else..

Ricky17890

Private
I use to get attacked from time to time especially by one player but now it has stopped.Reason being is I built up a good defense. Lots of watchtowers and working on my Castel Del Monte.Invest in defence and chances are you will be fine.I think the forge of empires team has made it more realistic as well in that players from higher ages cant attack you eg there not in your neighbourhood any more

I actually like the attack and defence options they have in the game as it mimics history which is what the game is designed to do.I personally dont attack but find the good defence I now have very satisfying when the occasional players tries to attack me but leaves me alone and stops the attack once they see the good defence I have built up

DeletedUser109475

On my main world I have 1.2 mil points and Ind era, I'm #1 on points but the only one who is Ind, everyone else is a higher era, including a couple at less than 100k points. I've got over 90% attack on my army and city def of over 400%, there's only a couple of guys I can't beat regularly if I attack but it's really close, more down to terrain than anything but I rarely need to hit for revenge, not one hoodie can get close to beating my DA. I do hit non aiders, first time for points, second time with a message advising I will plunder if they continue non aiding. Third time I plunder, given the number who just take the plundering daily I guess they must play once a month. I made sure I levelled my military and defensive GB's to give a good balance and made sure I had the monastery, watchfires etc to boost things up. It's amazing how many got the monastery and deleted it, that's a good chunk of city def gone right in the early days. I also throw my production times around so they're not completing at the same time everyday, yeah it's on 24 hour cycles but I'll collect and then hold back until restarting them, come the weekend I'll throw in some shorter runs so the 24 cycles might be three hours different come Monday. My last hood had one guy with over 14k battles to his name but he tried twice and looked elsewhere, and he had over 100% attack before a tavern boost. It just wasn't worth him losing so many troops higher era troops for the modest returns on my Ind Age buildings. He liked to fight but he wasn't that daft to lose almost everything for a few hundred coins or maybe 2000 supplies.

DeletedUser14881

It's a little bit late for that but, you may agree that if the defending AI was smarter like the one from Continent Sectors (not GE) and defend your city more wisely (i.e. attacking real units first instead Rogues) it would be much better as the "bully" wouldn't just sit with their level 20+ diamond bought CdM, Aachen, Orangery, Atlantis and that Roller-coaster thing I forgot the name (XD), click auto et voilà, easy win.

DeletedUser109268

It's a little bit late for that but, you may agree that if the defending AI was smarter like the one from Continent Sectors (not GE) and defend your city more wisely (i.e. attacking real units first instead Rogues) it would be much better as the "bully" wouldn't just sit with their level 20+ diamond bought CdM, Aachen, Orangery, Atlantis and that Roller-coaster thing I forgot the name (XD), click auto et voilà, easy win.
I guess Innogames likes that people get rogue hideouts... avoiding the plundering isn't difficult...if people collect in time...no matter what your Orangery CDM etc etc level are... if you collect in time there is ZERO harm to your city... stop whining.

DeletedUser6395

I don't really understand why plundering is still a part of this game. We've evolved to Oceanic Future where we haven't really evolved at all..and now have crap graphics and ugly buildings...which used to be amazing back in the old days...and have now evolved into something that I don't think I'd have ever have wanted to join back then.
Who gives a toss anymore about this game?
We continue to play it because us long term players have got used to having something to do...but other than that...it's really rubbish.
When you earlier guys get to Oceanic level you'll understand how pointless and crap this game is... and how it's all about buying diamonds to move on because to get enough goods to continue to play this game is almost impossible.
After 5 years of FoE...I despair..and that's sad because I really loved this game.

DeletedUser109268

I don't really understand why plundering is still a part of this game. We've evolved to Oceanic Future where we haven't really evolved at all..and now have crap graphics and ugly buildings...which used to be amazing back in the old days...and have now evolved into something that I don't think I'd have ever have wanted to join back then.
Who gives a toss anymore about this game?
We continue to play it because us long term players have got used to having something to do...but other than that...it's really rubbish.
When you earlier guys get to Oceanic level you'll understand how pointless and crap this game is... and how it's all about buying diamonds to move on because to get enough goods to continue to play this game is almost impossible.
After 5 years of FoE...I despair..and that's sad because I really loved this game.
Well I am not interested in reaching the fish era. I fry them with lower age troops and starting from Artic Arc becomes useless gvg wise. I agree with you in many points. I'd add the nuisance of having the same crap event questline every week by now... I do not even attack the hoodies anymore since in the long run aiding pays off more but plundering is part of the game.. I am not fond of those who keep on whining . That's it.