• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Bullies

DeletedUser14881

I guess Innogames likes that people get rogue hideouts... avoiding the plundering isn't difficult...if people collect in time...no matter what your Orangery CDM etc etc level are... if you collect in time there is ZERO harm to your city... stop whining.
Am I whining or simply exercising my constitutional right of expressing my opinion?

Of course, sometimes I do get plundered because real life takes precedence, crap happens and so on. But I'm not whining about this.

DeletedUser110131

I don't really understand why plundering is still a part of this game.
Plundering is still a part of the game because it's a strategy game, which makes war an essential element, and defeat in war has to have consequences. GvG is nice, as is GE. However, they can't replace PvP, which is more easily accessible, more immediate, and makes the individual player a sovereign entity in the game's conflicts and politics. Giving the player this individual control and power is absolutely essential to strategy gaming.

The fact is, PvP in particular, and the war aspect in general, is underdeveloped; the incentives are too weak, the battle mechanics are too primitive, and the integration with overall gameplay is poor. They really should build a new combat system from scratch, and connect PvP to more sophisticated political and economic elements..

Am I whining or simply exercising my constitutional right of expressing my opinion?
It's a common misconception that those two are mutually exclusive. The fact that you have a right to express yourself doesn't alter the content of your expression. If it's whining, then it's whining. It's your right and whining. Both, at the same time. It may seem like magic, but it really isn't.

Some even believe that, if they're "exercising a constitutional right", they're beyond criticism. Nothing could be further from the truth. Precisely because expression is a constitutional right, people are completely free to utterly thrash your opinions and how you express them. They can even be unreasonable and unfair about it. In fact, they can be outright malicious, nasty, and cruel about it. It's their right. In most free societies, some laws will slightly limit what they can say about you, but nothing limits what they can say about your opinions and expressions.

In other words, if you don't want to be accused of whining, you should be careful about your whining.

DeletedUser109268

Plundering is still a part of the game because it's a strategy game, which makes war an essential element, and defeat in war has to have consequences. GvG is nice, as is GE. However, they can't replace PvP, which is more easily accessible, more immediate, and makes the individual player a sovereign entity in the game's conflicts and politics. Giving the player this individual control and power is absolutely essential to strategy gaming.

The fact is, PvP in particular, and the war aspect in general, is underdeveloped; the incentives are too weak, the battle mechanics are too primitive, and the integration with overall gameplay is poor. They really should build a new combat system from scratch, and connect PvP to more sophisticated political and economic elements..

It's a common misconception that those two are mutually exclusive. The fact that you have a right to express yourself doesn't alter the content of your expression. If it's whining, then it's whining. It's your right and whining. Both, at the same time. It may seem like magic, but it really isn't.

Some even believe that, if they're "exercising a constitutional right", they're beyond criticism. Nothing could be further from the truth. Precisely because expression is a constitutional right, people are completely free to utterly thrash your opinions and how you express them. They can even be unreasonable and unfair about it. In fact, they can be outright malicious, nasty, and cruel about it. It's their right. In most free societies, some laws will slightly limit what they can say about you, but nothing limits what they can say about your opinions and expressions.

In other words, if you don't want to be accused of whining, you should be careful about your whining.
Well said

DeletedUser14881

I rarely join discussions in this community because of this kind of toxicity

You and I have very different point-of-views about whining. My statement was the regarding the defending AI being stupid, which allows "bullies" (and everyone else who prefers to attack rather then spend time planning their city disposition) to click-to-win. Period.

Then I said that most of the times the (full-time) plunderers have attacking//plundering-related GBs at very high levels (and you don't get that without buying off BPs). Period.

Once again, not whining ;)

DeletedUser109268

There are no bullies. We are not at school. It's a game for Gosh sake. Level your stuff like all players did/do/will do mate.

I rarely join discussions in this community because of this kind of toxicity

You and I have very different point-of-views about whining. My statement was the regarding the defending AI being stupid, which allows "bullies" (and everyone else who prefers to attack rather then spend time planning their city disposition) to click-to-win. Period.

Then I said that most of the times the (full-time) plunderers have attacking//plundering-related GBs at very high levels (and you don't get that without buying off BPs). Period.

Once again, not whining ;)

High level GB's can be obtained without buying diamonds - I have many - I get the BP's by helping to level other GB's of the target BP's I want.

The fact that you claim that these high GB's are obtained thru the use of diamonds and NOT hard work - is without a doubt WHINING! You already cut yourself short because you convince yourself you can't get there because you don't use diamonds (They Are Not Needed to raise your GB's up - Just Hard Work with a goal & strategy in completing your goal.).

No mater how the AI gets changed, if it does, I will deal with it. I guarantee you so will many others and you will still get plundered. In fact those that complain the most about getting plundered draw in the plunderers - Get Even Instead!

DeletedUser109268

High level GB's can be obtained without buying diamonds - I have many - I get the BP's by helping to level other GB's of the target BP's I want.

The fact that you claim that these high GB's are obtained thru the use of diamonds and NOT hard work - is without a doubt WHINING! You already cut yourself short because you convince yourself you can't get there because you don't use diamonds (They Are Not Needed to raise your GB's up - Just Hard Work with a goal & strategy in completing your goal.).

No mater how the AI gets changed, if it does, I will deal with it. I guarantee you so will many others and you will still get plundered. In fact those that complain the most about getting plundered draw in the plunderers - Get Even Instead!
Well said

DeletedUser14881

I should stay quiet but, yes, I know that it is possible to fight through the RNG and get BPs to get your GBs to high levels, I have several myself, but I never met a player with GBs THAT MUCH HIGH as I see in plunderers' cities.

Most of dedicated plunderers I know don't think too much to attack otherwise their cities would have the bare minimum of planning but each one of them I've visited is an unbelievable mess, with the bare minimum builds needed and dozens of SoK.

It's a fact they do strongly rely on their super high bonuses coming from GBs.

And one more time, please don't be retard (yes, since I'm feeling offended by being told I'm whining then I feel the right to offend as well) and understand that I... AM NOT... WHINING. I'm just arguing.

Sigh...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12313

This thread rather proves the point. FOE like real life is full of loud-mouthed bullies. A chappy comes on and complains about being plundered and bullied and a lot of braggers with over-sized egos and ludicrous tales of building massive defences e.g I have 200 fp daily collections in Ind Age etc. come in and shout them down. To make matters worse Mods join in the mockery and general abuse. All I can say in response to the sad plunderers and loud-mouthed diamond buying misfits is 'Get a life you sad losers!'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110131

This thread rather proves the point.
It rather does, yes, though not in the way you imagine. We can all understand that being plundered is annoying. It's legitimate to raise the issue of whether there should be some further limitations on plundering. I would oppose that, but I wouldn't be provoked by the suggestion, if it was made in a way that respected other players.

When OP defines people as "bullies", simply for playing the game as it is intended to be played, that's not any part of discussing the game. That's an accusation, and an attack on people's character. While plundering is a part of the game rules that everyone has agreed to, such accusations are not. The accusation is, in fact, a very real attempt at bullying. The fact that it's a miserably failed attempt doesn't alter that, and bullies don't get to complain about being bullied, just because their bullying attempts fail.

Your post, piling on additional attempts at character assassination of opponents, underlines the point. Some people, failing at the game, choose to malign other players, either in a misguided effort to change the game, or in an effort to feel better about playing badly: "See, I'm not loosing because I can't figure out the game; I'm loosing because the other players are cruel and evil people, who won't let me succeed".

Sorry. That doesn't work. The game is well balanced in providing countermeasures to plundering. It's bad play, and that's that.

DeletedUser109268

It rather does, yes, though not in the way you imagine. We can all understand that being plundered is annoying. It's legitimate to raise the issue of whether there should be some further limitations on plundering. I would oppose that, but I wouldn't be provoked by the suggestion, if it was made in a way that respected other players.

When OP defines people as "bullies", simply for playing the game as it is intended to be played, that's not any part of discussing the game. That's an accusation, and an attack on people's character. While plundering is a part of the game rules that everyone has agreed to, such accusations are not. The accusation is, in fact, a very real attempt at bullying. The fact that it's a miserably failed attempt doesn't alter that, and bullies don't get to complain about being bullied, just because their bullying attempts fail.

Your post, piling on additional attempts at character assassination of opponents, underlines the point. Some people, failing at the game, choose to malign other players, either in a misguided effort to change the game, or in an effort to feel better about playing badly: "See, I'm not loosing because I can't figure out the game; I'm loosing because the other players are cruel and evil people, who won't let me succeed".

Sorry. That doesn't work. The game is well balanced in providing countermeasures to plundering. It's bad play, and that's that.
I could not have said that better!

DeletedUser110402

I am attacked every single day by the same player and it is beginning to get very BORING...there should be a maximum amount of times that one player can pick on another before being forced to move on and the usual patronising garbage that comes out of the design team is beyond the pale and there should be an opt out button for those who prefer the economic side of the game and those that are full up with combat who did it for real for over thirty years...START LISTENING INNO GAMES..you sure like squeezing the cash out of people but give very little back!.

DeletedUser109268

I am attacked every single day by the same player and it is beginning to get very BORING...there should be a maximum amount of times that one player can pick on another before being forced to move on and the usual patronising garbage that comes out of the design team is beyond the pale and there should be an opt out button for those who prefer the economic side of the game and those that are full up with combat who did it for real for over thirty years...START LISTENING INNO GAMES..you sure like squeezing the cash out of people but give very little back!.

Buy shield from tavern with silver accrued ;)

DeletedUser99692

I posted this back in 2014 and it is still as relevant now as it was then.

"On getting plundered

I have been in this game for over 16 mts and getting plundered is like getting wet when it rains if you don't take precautions then its going to happen like it or not. You can moan or complain it won't stop it. The only answer is to leave nothing of value for them to take."

Time has moved on from that post but my attitude remains the same. I still get plundered on the odd occasion and I still swear mightily about it but I have never bowed my head and never paid protection. I only attack when I have no map & nothing else to do I have only plundered for a quest that was impossible to abort. So Guys its part of the game learn to outsmart them.

DeletedUser109268

I posted this back in 2014 and it is still as relevant now as it was then.

"On getting plundered

I have been in this game for over 16 mts and getting plundered is like getting wet when it rains if you don't take precautions then its going to happen like it or not. You can moan or complain it won't stop it. The only answer is to leave nothing of value for them to take."

Time has moved on from that post but my attitude remains the same. I still get plundered on the odd occasion and I still swear mightily about it but I have never bowed my head and never paid protection. I only attack when I have no map & nothing else to do I have only plundered for a quest that was impossible to abort. So Guys its part of the game learn to outsmart them.
Hi Twomsuk,

I was being sarcastic.. you know me lol

DeletedUser111077

Unfortunately, bullies are a part of life and of this game. I too have suffered and been plundered on a regular basis. 1 player in particular was having more than 560 fights per week! The thing I didn't understand was, how did he have fighting units in his army that were in an age ABOVE his (and my) age?

The thing that REALLY annoys me is that inno have programmed it so that when the attacker is using only 1 unit and 7 rogues, your defending army is always going for the rogues first. So you can NEVER win. Then it is boring and annoying.
I too am getting to the stage where this is becoming a chore rather than a pleasure. It takes all the fun out of it.