• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2016

DeletedUser100065

Completing events and town hall are the only ways to earn stars ?
Or you can win them on the prize board, if i remember right there's a 50 star prize one day. Or there was some high amount of stars in previous years. Or you can always buy more with diamonds ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

if you don't want anything then you shouldn't play

some want SoK, some want Wishing Wells, some the diamonds

LadyHecate

Major-General
Certain presents contain stars if opened or you can buy stars with diamonds otherwise, "Yes!", only events and town hall collections.

MP75

Master Corporal
Today i had bad luck by opening presents,i spent all my stars and got no Shrine of Knowledge,but i'm happy that yesterday i bought 44 Watchfires to improve my city defense.

DeletedUser107062

So amongst today's presents (AF),there is individual Plasma Artillery and Dragon Drones,but the barracks available are Artillery FE-Railguns.Surely this is'nt intended??
I advised Guildmates that were close to finishing FE Tech to push hard into Arctic Future,hoping that AF barracks would be up as presents.What a massive kick in the face Inno!

*Edited to add,other Era's artillery in the presents are showing their current Era*

DeletedUser17143

So among today's presents (AF),there is individual Plasma Artillery and Dragon Drones,but the barracks available are Artillery FE- Railguns. Surely this isn't intended??
I advised Guild mates that were close to finishing FE Tech to push hard into Arctic Future,hoping that AF barracks would be up as presents.What a massive kick in the face Inno!

*Edited to add,other Era's artillery in the presents are showing their current Era*

Was thinking the same thing. Complete waste even if they had not nerfed the Rail guns stats. Only half decent thing to save stars for now will be the 250 diamonds near the end (but wouldn't be surprised if they are removed or lowered).

DeletedUser106696

Inno must really hate those players who stuck with it long enough to make it all the way to AF... why on earth do we not get a shot at the AF version of the artillery today ??? Surely it can't be THAT hard to include current-age pressies on the board?

DeletedUser11899

Inno must really hate those players who stuck with it long enough to make it all the way to AF... why on earth do we not get a shot at the AF version of the artillery today ??? Surely it can't be THAT hard to include current-age pressies on the board?

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-2016.32673/

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/arctic-future-part-4.32704/

Looking at the releasing dates of the above (Winter event -> Arctic Part 4) it might explain why we are receving the rail gun range instead of the plasma range building. When the code of Winter event was released on December 1st, the plasma range wasnt available yet (available from December 7th or six days later)

If so, I think this can be seen as a mistake by Inno and if not, if the order of the released contents has nothing to do, it also doesnt make sense giving a Future era prize to Arctic age players

I dont like much Winter event since last year bcos I had a really bad experience last year with the bugged final quests which finally didnt let me get the first version of Confectionary on one of my worlds.

btw, have you advised new users/customers/players to save stars so that they can have a chance to get their first Confectionary without being forced to spend money or diamonds?
The first winter event editions the Confectionary was the reward for completing all the event quests and not a random prize on the last panels as it is since last year.

DeletedUser109845

Does the 2x (double payout) carry over to the next day ?
If not whats the point ?
Because if you get this prize with your last stars of the day its just a wasted go, you've just spent your last 10 stars for nothing, is this really fair ?
& the shuffle seems a waste of a go also, no point to it.

DeletedUser109532

This event is looking below average compared to others this year.
I look at todays prizes (9/12/16) and only the daily special (Reno kit) is worthwhile. mot of the rest are small packs of coins etc, a standard, not premium, cultural building, or forge point packs, which can be won everyday from recurring quests. The rest are stars/shuffle..event related prizes, which are pointless if the other prizes are dismal.
So, for my 24 stars earnt today from daily reset and quest, I have 2 chances in 18 to hit the reno kit, made even less likely if i get a shuffle.
it barely seems worth it for those odds.

I spent 700 diamonds a couple days ago for the SoK daily special, and had 80 stars saved, giving me 180 stars to try with. 18 presents to choose from, 180 stars, I should get at least one SoK, right? 18 shots, and 3 shuffles later, I have coins, supplies, and a rogue...feeling ripped off, and not buying more diamonds for this rubbish.

DeletedUser109856

Event Quest Frosty - Build a building of every type..

every type of what? an era
A bit more specific would be nice in the quest so one knows :)