• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2016

DeletedUser6065

Thank you Michael K for your help :)
just to clarify on Q2:

Q2 So for example, I have confectionery and large confectionery in my inventory, the January 2nd quest tells me to build my "biggest" confectionery or a production building from any age.

If I leave my large confectionery in my inventory and instead build my "smallest" confectionary, will it complete this quest?

If building my smallest instead of my largest does not complete the quest, can I build my smallest confectionary (so I can sell it for Jan 3rd quest) but also build the production building from any age, and therefore, complete the quest, even though I did not build my largest confectionary, and it is still in my inventory?
Hi, L-Maronique,
Sorry this is overdue, but here goes. Hope this helps:

First timing is everything here:
1. You have both confectioneries in inventory.
2. Build quest appears.
3. Know exactly which confectionery you wish to sell.
4. Build a blacksmith. See if quest completes. You see the green check mark. Now, here is the critical part . . . BEFORE you accept the reward, place the confectionery you wish to sell on board. If you accept b/4 placing the 'sell' on board, your gonna be stuck without any confectionery on board, and you will receive another smaller confectionery.
5. If blacksmith does not complete quest, build large. Wait for green check. Then, again, before accepting the reward move large back into inventory (assuming you have a 'Store Building' option in inventory) and place your small. Then accept quest reward. If you are unable to return large, well all is not totally lost, you will just sell it for a 'Huge'. Maybe not your scenario, but not a total loss either. And why wouldn't you want a Huge and a Small, instead of 2 larges? Less hassle, less to go wrong.

The key here is what does the quest really mean? Do you have to build your largest, or do you have a choice? It is not really clear. So, you can attempt to have the system do what you wish, just be careful. Get whatever building you wish on board, BEFORE accepting the reward for completing the quest. I believe this will work, if in fact your goal is 2 Large Confectioneries.

I too will be dinking around with this quest, as I wish to keep all my Legendary Confectioneries, and sell one of my smalls for a large. I don't want my Legendary on board when the January 3 quest appears, or I will get a Store Building option, which I do not want at this time.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Winter_Event

↑This is your link to help you visualize how the January 2 & 3 quests work.

Best,
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110255

Question: At the of the Christmas quest, do U get a confectionary If U already don't have one( I don't have any of the 4 diff. confectionaries--I am reasonably new). If U dont get a normal confectionary at the end, Is it worrth me doing it??

Also, There isnt any reward for a normal confectionary so I am assuming that if U dont have one, U cannot get one this christmas. If this is true, PLS change this 4 next yr. Thnx

DeletedUser110255

Thnx, but I never get the good prizes, just the medals and coins and forge point packages.

DeletedUser15986

4250 diamonds, 40+ Wishing Wells, 5+ Shrines of Knowledge + free stuff. I'm satisfied with the event:)

Across all your worlds I'm guessing? (I just settled for Shrines, as additional WW's aren't much use nowadays if you already have some.)

DeletedUser108673

Im a little confused why we now have the build a confectionary quest yet there is still no way to win one for people that dont have one?

Do i build a supply building now or ignore the quest and im taking a guess that maybe tomorrows event board will have confectionary on it?

DeletedUser653

I think your half right, you were asked to build a Confectionery and will be asked to sell your biggest for one bigger as long as your biggest is not a legendary one as there is no bigger and your prize will be one larger but if you have none then you get the standard 4x2 one for your age.
if you have legendary one stick it in storage and make sure you have a huge or standard one on your city to sell tomorrow.

special prize is odds on to be a confectionery but that ones too late to place in your city to be upgraded, but still cracking building and i am in AA and have 4 of them

DeletedUser109296

imo, terrible event for those just starting. :( And bonus quests suck - build a Confectionary!? Like EVERYONE has one in inventory from last Winter?! Then win one so you can sell it?! Please, no more electric kool-aid for the even planners!

DeletedUser12153

imo, terrible event for those just starting. :( And bonus quests suck - build a Confectionary!? Like EVERYONE has one in inventory from last Winter?! Then win one so you can sell it?! Please, no more electric kool-aid for the even planners!
the one you sell gets replaced with a better one

joesoap

Major-General
winter event ending is quite disappointing, after 30+ days you built an out of date legendary confectionery just to win a store kit so you can put it back into inventory, at least if it got updated to the current age it wouldn't be quite so bad

DeletedUser12153

I like how they are kinda saying to their most loyal players those that have been playing for years and have a legendary confectionary, thanks for playing all those years but we cba making a new confectionary so here have some crappy item to hide your legendary confectionary in your inventory so noone can see we don't care about our players

Vesiger

Monarch
So it's down to chance as to whether new players can complete the questline, basically?
People who already have a Confectionery get an upgrade, and everyone else has to take their chance?
I don't remember that from last year... perhaps I was just lucky.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Is the last prize list the one with the chance to get a regular confectionery. I already have 2 large and 1 regular and have finished all of Winter quests and now I'm waiting for a new prize list as there is basically nothing of value to get but don't know if a new list is coming as I've finished all the quests. I have a lot of stars to use up and don't need another confectionery, as I already have 2 in storage. Main screen says 1 day 14 hours left for winter event but only 6 hrs 45 min. left for today's special so is there one more 'today's special' and is it worth waiting for or do I just use up my stars in this prize list just to use them up. No really great prizes up for grabs at the end so far as was promised if you saved up your stars as 'the best prizes are always at the end'....Not so far! It has been a so-so event up to now as I already have some of the major prizes given so were not needed. Did receive some diamonds but not to the extent that others got. The one day of bonus medals did help me but as I said, I'm certainly not at the end of the game as I'm only in Modern but even at this stage, Winter quest did not help me a lot as I already have most of the big prizes on my board or in inventory and not useful to me. Is there anything left to get and is there another prize list to come. Thanks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

Is the last prize list the one with the chance to get a regular confectionery. I already have 2 large and 1 regular and have finished all of Winter quests and now I'm waiting for a new prize list as there is basically nothing of value to get but don't know if a new list is coming as I've finished all the quests. I have a lot of stars to use up and don't need another confectionery, as I already have 2 in storage. Main screen says 1 day 14 hours left for winter event but only 6 hrs 45 min. left for today's special so is there one more 'today's special' and is it worth waiting for or do I just use up my stars in this prize list just to use them up.
The last prizes are confectionary like in any other winter event.
No really great prizes up for grabs at the end so far as was promised if you saved up your stars as 'the best prizes are always at the end'....Not so far!
Who promised you that?

I would say the last prizes were quite decent:

December 31 - 250 Diamonds
January 1 - Renovation Kit
January 2 - Rogue Hideout

DeletedUser653

Who promised you that?
I would say the last prizes were quite decent:
December 31 - 250 Diamonds
January 1 - Renovation Kit
January 2 - Rogue Hideout

Agreed, but this always catches out new players as no one would expect the same prize for the last two days, i think this still sucks and there should be a last day prize different from the previous days prize