• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Friends Tavern

DeletedUser96901

players open their Tavern with researching Construction in Bronze Age

it is in the 2nd column and that technology also unlocks the stone circle

RTSFirebat

Private
This is all good and fine but why are you wasting time on this when the mobile apps are still gimped compared to the browser.

Why does the gb not have collection times?! Why is there no treasure hunt? (come on this should be easy to implement!), why is there still no access to GvG or the guild map?!! That is a core part of the game ffs!! Why does the insane profile section still show coming soon over months later? Just turn it on already.

Add the features that are areas missing before adding things like this that we just don't need!!!

So many people such as myself are mobile app users only. There no reason to keep it like this.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4195

Sounds to me that you got more of a internet issue rather than performance, even my 300€ notebook, which is 5 years old, runs the game just fine, if your net can't handle all the animations in your city and cities that you visit, then turn them off in the settings.

As for the Tavern, like it says, you CAN unlock it, but you don't have to, as far as i understood, the friends list in the aid list will remain with all your friends in it? if not, well too bad, deal with. Not everything has to reward you 100 FP's, 1000 goods and a million soldiers....As far as i can see that every feature that has no big reward = bad idea by default from the community's side....>.>

If only it was that simple. I have 70 megabit cable and over the years the performance of the game has got progressively slower when running on a PC. And I have always had animations switched off. If I use my Android phone then I get decent performance but with bits missing from the game (such as GvG) and I can't see the screen well enough to do anything other than auto battle.

There is definitely something wrong with the browser version and it needs fixing!

DeletedUser102348

Lets just have a reality check first.
1: yes the tavern is being trashed, but mainly over 2 items. The global chat has desended into 'add me, remove me', and the other is about not have any indication on when you last visited or is a chair free if I visit. Both items have been referred to the devs and have said they are sorting them as we speak.
2: You have the usual suspects moaning on calling people stupid if they use it , and others saying they aren't going to touch it with a bargepole.
These are just a couple of people making lots of negitive posts, so of course it looks lik a lot of pages of negativity.
3: There are nearly 34k of people registered on Beta, and yes probably 30k of inactives ( I'm being very conservative here) that leaves 4 k of actives, take out the moaners 20- 30 on the forum, add a couple of hundred more silent ones, and you come up with the vast majority of players likeing the new tavern, a lot of which are on global spamming it out 24/7.
4: it's only been a few days and the dust needs to settle before deciding, yea or nay. there are improvements being worked on, more features there with buttons saying 'coming soon' so we have no idea what they will be yet (altough the CM did hint that one might be a reward for visiting?) 95% of people haven't even used the boosts yet because the first order of business is getting empty chairs and upgrading tables first to maximise silver intake.
So please don't listern to the talk of 'it's trash' or even 'it's great' make your own mind up once it's in play.

DeletedUser

I'm much more inclined to give the Tavern a chance as a feature now that the 'add me remove me' business might be reduced by the 24hr restriction on new friends. It remains to be seen how much of a problem that spamming will be now when it arrives.
The problem that a lot of us 'moaners' have, I suspect, is that these poorly thought out new features always negatively affect the performance of the game, which is already extremely poor already in certain areas. Many of us would prefer time and effort devoted to fixing the core performance issues rather than developing new features that exacerbate the problem.

DeletedUser102348

I totally agree, it would far more preferable for Inno to stop new features being added to the game, and I have said before that when they do, they could save themselves of lot of this negative feedback (the parts concerning poorly thought out parts of the features) by consulting the players before they apply it, or even just a panel of regular high profile Beta forum users known for giving constructive criticism and feedback.
But they must fix the issues that have been in some cases on the verge of game ending, that would be the most desirable action they could do in going a long way in helping themselves to keep their public happy.
They could start with stopping the use of Flash as a platform, which is the root of quite a few of the problems affecting FoE, and in the very near future will be phased out anyway, Chrome browser will be the first I believe, when they stop supporting it this December. So just get on with it Inno and save yourself a lot of grief.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
totally underwhelmed by this "feature "....
how about something real useful instead?
gvg lag
use for AF goods in treasury ..
could go on and on ...and on....:rolleyes:

DeletedUser10851

First: I play on a PC so I am clueless to issues with those using other platforms.
Second: I started on Beta a few days before the Tavern started. The first thing I did was hit Global and ask a few folks to accept an invite as well as some in my lowbie neighbourhood. Boom!! 27 friends later (took a couple of days) the Tavern appeared. I've been using it and leveling it through game play only... Using the chair icon that is in my Friend's list without having to visit "their" city to enter into their Tavern. People visiting mine has steadily increased as I visit theirs. I have had no problems with the Tavern. I like this feature for game boost later on down the line. It's slow to build at first but as more enter and take a seat, the more Tavern silver I earn. So far so good. I am up to 8 seats in my Tavern and growing as I collect Tavern silver.

DeletedUser9168

From the official announcement:

The Friends Tavern! It will show up in the game on November 23rd.

DeletedUser653

First: I play on a PC so I am clueless to issues with those using other platforms.
Second: I started on Beta a few days before the Tavern started. The first thing I did was hit Global and ask a few folks to accept an invite as well as some in my lowbie neighbourhood. Boom!! 27 friends later (took a couple of days) the Tavern appeared. I've been using it and leveling it through game play only... Using the chair icon that is in my Friend's list without having to visit "their" city to enter into their Tavern. People visiting mine has steadily increased as I visit theirs. I have had no problems with the Tavern. I like this feature for game boost later on down the line. It's slow to build at first but as more enter and take a seat, the more Tavern silver I earn. So far so good. I am up to 8 seats in my Tavern and growing as I collect Tavern silver.

The problem in beta is that by removing 60 of your friends and then using those 60 slots to add friends and then remove them 10 times daily you get a 16 seat table in about a week, you can then collect 30k coins every 3 days meaning a 30% attack bonus all the time, this is why players used the trick of adding/removing friends. And remember by posting "add me" you also get invites sent to you on top of the 60 you send out.
Really am pleased this is stopped as it ruined Beta and the vast majority of players posting anything complain about this.

DeletedUser15986

The problem in beta is that by removing 60 of your friends and then using those 60 slots to add friends and then remove them 10 times daily you get a 16 seat table in about a week, you can then collect 30k coins every 3 days meaning a 30% attack bonus all the time, this is why players used the trick of adding/removing friends. And remember by posting "add me" you also get invites sent to you on top of the 60 you send out.
Really am pleased this is stopped as it ruined Beta and the vast majority of players posting anything complain about this.

Most people are complaining about the chat window, not the accelerated table growing. Getting to the full table capacity quickly barely impacts other players at all.

DeletedUser106756

The Friends Tavern will be available to everyone who has completed "construction" in the bronze age tech tree.

All friends will be able to visit your tavern straight away - no waiting ;)
When you have deleted 20 friends (which may be in a day, week month, or year ), then your new friend will have to wait 24hr to sit in your Tavern & vice versa

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Fix GvG lag. Fix GvG lag. Fix GvG lag.

To be fair to the programmers, I am sure this has more to do with the fact that this game is implemented in Flash than any other reason. However, there are plenty of other Flash browser games which seem much quicker than FoE, so code efficiency must also be an issue. It seems to me that GvG is a spent force in its current form and could do with a major overhaul to get things going again. The players who seem to get the most out of GvG are those who just pick fights around the landing zones to bolster their battle points; that can't have been the original intention.

As far as the tavern is concerned, I don't really see why people are complaining. Like many aspects of this game, it can easily be ignored, and it may add some interest for some players. I don't really like towns that are just hundreds of shrines and a massive Alcatraz, but I don't have to play that way - in fact nothing is forcing me to play in any particular way, and I can ignore the tavern and other features if I don't like them.

As Haile suggested, the only real issue is that these add-on elements are using up programming resources that could be better spent to make the game quicker and more efficient - and that would improve the game for everyone.

I suggest (like many others) that the devs cut back on the endless history quests, slow the development of new gimmicks like the tavern, stop fiddling with unit stats etc, and concentrate their efforts on improving performance of the existing game. (By the way, you'll all LOVE the devs plans for the adjusting the Rail Gun stats - check out the story on beta - people are livid!)

Last edited:

DeletedUser107476

I can honestly review this now and say it is a true disaster for the game in my opinion.

No way of telling who you have visited means going through friends list multiple times to check or writing down a long list.
Nothing in event history saying who has visited you tavern. So no way of clicking on a button there to visit them.
Constant jumping between cities to check if tavern is full.
Basically too time consuming.