• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Push Accounts

DeletedUser107476

It violates the privacy agreements every mod must adhere to, which is not to give away any data pertaining to third parties.

A discussion of how the laws are in different countries or where that comes from is not likely to give fruition to anything. InnoGames have their privacy laws which have of course been set up with legal teams so they're not likely to be for nothing. The aim is to protect player data and whether a player's account is banned or not is part of their data.
Well I guess that means you need to remove most of the mods from their positions. I have seen several of them warn players in global on their behaviour. That would be in violation of these privacy agreements you mention. Which is just plain ridiculous. Truth is you cannot stop players talking about violations and thus your privacy agreement is a farce. Most know when a player is banned and these are openly discussed by players.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
Don't know why there is so much secrecy surrounding bans..... In some of the other games i play they Publicly "Name and Shame" ppl on forums +Bans. and its a pretty effective way of dealing with cheaters and discourages a lot of players from doing it.

im not sure if this is the right place to discuss it but A lot can be done with chats too. a game i play...they almost dont need any mods for monitoring chat. if someone tried to spam they're warned automatically, 2nd spam offense is a 5 min ban and third time more than a day. same with swearing...the chat code automatically detects offenses and on the spot Bans,and announcement in chat.

ohh btw ive had the same experience with reporting push accounts on BETA server. firstly the mods took ages to act on it...and when it looked like he's been banned(all gbs and city deleted), the player returned after a few weeks/months and not only he got all his gbs back but also 10 levels on all gbs and 25+ levels on traz. now the account is inactive again, but we still dont know if the account has really been banned because of this privacy policy!

DeletedUser16026

Well I guess that means you need to remove most of the mods from their positions. I have seen several of them warn players in global on their behaviour. That would be in violation of these privacy agreements you mention. Which is just plain ridiculous. Truth is you cannot stop players talking about violations and thus your privacy agreement is a farce. Most know when a player is banned and these are openly discussed by players.
There's a very big difference between an account ban, and warning about behavior in chat or here on the forum. These are open public areas where everything you do is visible to everyone else. An account ban on a player's city is not public.

The privacy agreements prevent the moderators from giving away this information, it does not prevent the player from doing so. Though of course there is a rule against publicly discussing ingame moderation. One can feel one way or another about that, but the rule is in place so you risk being in violation by deciding to do said open discussion.

DeletedUser108379

Even FDAP only covers personal data.
If they are primarily following German laws where is the delete account button?
Section 13 of the Telemedia Act requires controllers to install the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure that:
  • the user may terminate the relationship at any time
I think, your quote is not correct.

in German that sentence has the wording:
"...der Nutzer die Einwilligung jederzeit mit Wirkung für die Zukunft widerrufen kann."

"... the user's consent can be revoked with future effect at any time."

But I don't think that this means it has to happen instantly and not for the past only for what happens in the future.

Don't know why there is so much secrecy surrounding bans..... In some of the other games i play they Publicly "Name and Shame" ppl on forums +Bans. and its a pretty effective way of dealing with cheaters and discourages a lot of players from doing it.

In my eyes that would violate the Basic Law (constitution of Gemany)

§1 Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. ...

Human dignity shall be inviolable

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107476

I think, your quote is not correct.

in German that sentence has the wording:
"...der Nutzer die Einwilligung jederzeit mit Wirkung für die Zukunft widerrufen kann."

"... the user's consent can be revoked with future effect at any time."

But I don't think that this means it has to happen instantly and not for the past only for what happens in the future.

§1 Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. ...

Human dignity shall be inviolable
Human dignity would require our knowing who they as a person real life. We are talking a created name on a game.
As to my definition being wrong, that is not mine but the American governments understanding of that Law.

DeletedUser108379

Who knows how often someone has used his game name elsewhere? And how well known the connection of the real person with the game name is?

DeletedUser107476

There's a very big difference between an account ban, and warning about behavior in chat or here on the forum. These are open public areas where everything you do is visible to everyone else. An account ban on a player's city is not public.

The privacy agreements prevent the moderators from giving away this information, it does not prevent the player from doing so. Though of course there is a rule against publicly discussing ingame moderation. One can feel one way or another about that, but the rule is in place so you risk being in violation by deciding to do said open discussion.
If you can show me where in ToS or Rules it states we cannot discuss a player and their ban I will accept that.

DeletedUser16026

If you can show me where in ToS or Rules it states we cannot discuss a player and their ban I will accept that.
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.26259/
We allow no discussion (this includes instigating discussion, by mentioning specific bans or moderating actions) of Ingame Moderation (or bans or cheating) in the forums.

Discussion about Rule-Breaking

To report the breaching of rules by another player In Game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden.

DeletedUser107476

That is forum rules not in game rules.
That rule also puts you in violation of human rights laws and freedom of speech laws.

Actually it is covered by German privacy laws. Not only that but the player who is accused still has the option to appeal the action taken against them by the mod. If the appeal is successful and they have told the complaining player that player B was cheating then by German law the mods have slandered the player. Really its easier for mods to say thanks and then deal with it quietly.
Actually that would be libel as it is written not verbal.

DeletedUser16026

That is forum rules not in game rules.
That rule also puts you in violation of human rights laws and freedom of speech laws.
Forum rules apply to forum, which is a public area. ToS includes following of the rules set for the game/forum.

Human rights laws and freedom of speech do not give you the right to say whatever you want to say, they give you the right to personal opinion and expression while you remain responsible for what you say. You're also on the property of InnoGames and their rules are final.

DeletedUser107476

Forum rules apply to forum, which is a public area. ToS includes following of the rules set for the game/forum.

Human rights laws and freedom of speech do not give you the right to say whatever you want to say, they give you the right to personal opinion and expression while you remain responsible for what you say. You're also on the property of InnoGames and their rules are final.
No international law is final as many big companies have found out on the internet.
I have the legal right to discuss what happened to me on dinegu. Innogames rules are superseded by these laws. Or I could of course bring legal action against both the person involved and innogames. As it was on their platform it happened. I still have screenshots of that night and how long it remained on screen and mods doing nothing to remove it.

DeletedUser108379

Which international law should give you the right to say what you want, where you want?

DeletedUser107476

Which international law should give you the right to say what you want, where you want?
We are not talking what you like when you like. Darkstar will know of what I am talking about.

DeletedUser5180

I have in the past had a guildmate message me using a new name saying 'hi, its player x here, just to let you know I have been banned'

I think if a player is banned then their ip address should be flagged to prevent them starting a new account.

DeletedUser

With my report it took almost a year and nothing happened.
It is a real shame that some where punished for a small amount of forgepoints, while the big cheaters go away with it. :?

I reported a player 9 months ago for blatantly multi-world FP swapping. He wasn't banned until I submitted a second report a week ago detailing exactly how ridiculously obvious his FP swapping was: 9700 donated on one world to a player, and 9700 received on another world from the same player.

DeletedUser276

No international law is final as many big companies have found out on the internet.
I have the legal right to discuss what happened to me on dinegu. Innogames rules are superseded by these laws. Or I could of course bring legal action against both the person involved and innogames. As it was on their platform it happened. I still have screenshots of that night and how long it remained on screen and mods doing nothing to remove it.

You have the right to discuss what happened in private with a staff member. No staff would refuse you to talk about it in that manner, unless you are abusive or impeding on the staff members rights. Freedom of speech is not unfortunately an international law. Mods are required to take action once info on rule breaches are brought to thier attention. However as they are volunteer it may take some time before a mod actually sees the rule breach.

I reported a player 9 months ago for blatantly multi-world FP swapping. He wasn't banned until I submitted a second report a week ago detailing exactly how ridiculously obvious his FP swapping was: 9700 donated on one world to a player, and 9700 received on another world from the same player.

It may have been the investigating mod resigned their position and the ticket got lost with no CM to oversee or there wasnt enough info at the time for action to be taken. High donations dont nesicarily mean push as there are a multitude of things to consider. When I was a staff it took me approx 1 hour per acct to check for pushing. Thats with an experienced hand at the tiller. Most I found there wasnt enough info to penalize. I was firm with the mods as a mod has to be 100% sure not 99% sure as false action against a player breaches European fair marketing laws.

I have in the past had a guildmate message me using a new name saying 'hi, its player x here, just to let you know I have been banned'

I think if a player is banned then their ip address should be flagged to prevent them starting a new account.

A regular ban is a chance for the player to correct behavior. Most games an ip ban is a last resort and permanent action. Ip flagging is tantamount to the same thing.

Sorry writing this on my ps4 so my writing is choppy and not so elegant.

DeletedUser914

And I reported an identical situation as Akbhoy did, same issue with an iron age player. They absolutely do let the big ones go on with cheating. Situation is not just a small amount, it was crystal clear donating to an own account in huge amounts of forgepoints, exactly the same example as Akbhoy described.

around 3 days ago I discovered a player with many gbs that had the same donators all donating the same amounts each level

lets say I looked at gb 'X' and level 'Y' and found 20 players had all donated 30 fps, this just does not happen as most players would try and add at least one fp to get ahead in the reward spots so I looked at those players cities.........

every one of these 20 players was in iron age but had no iron age buildings, pretty much identical cities.!!

all these players were donating on every level of this particular gb and on multiple levels of at least another 4 gbs in this players cities

as i say i reported this over 3 days ago and all these gbs are still there earning bonusus for this player by blatant cheating.

it seems that all the evidence can be handed over to Inno and nothing gets done which is sickening for players who raise their gbs through honest means and hard work

anyone on the inno staff reading this.....feel free to check my last support ticket and please take action on it as it looks to have been ignored

DeletedUser276

As I said it may take time. However if you feel that excessive amount of time is being taken, then submit another ticket requesting a supervisor review the mods actions to date on said report. You should hear from the super within 24 hours. However try to remember that mods are players and they do this on freetime so be reasonable with the time. Also if I removed a gb I would also remove all fp's gold ect that the gb gave since cheating started. So an extra day or two doesnt matter much.

DeletedUser914

Or I could of course bring legal action against both the person involved and innogames. As it was on their platform it happened.

Viel Spaβ :P
(Have fun in German)

DeletedUser7719

Keyword here is Germany. Tanmay, are you talking about another German company doing this?