• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Buying Expansions

DeletedUser

Ow and don't forget.. it's the people that pay that keep the games rolling.

so spending a few buks isn't that bad either :P

DeletedUser

i sure got the point at this first post :D
just as i said... you can't rush more nor go faster than the game allowes (in this case unless you pay for it)
(No game has that even Tribal wars has his restrictions,especially without Premium)
this is a beta and so ideas can be suggested.. just not here..

if you want to go faster then ask for a speedround in the future :P (also at the therefore made topic and not here :)) and will prolly cost you diamond to join XD
just as all other games

You have an edit button for a reason so next time use it. Also if you post something, you better give an argument to support what you're saying rather than a sarcastic joke. Typical...

DeletedUser

if you did not noticed i introduced myself..
sarcasm is my middle name.. XD

besides an edit b4 a new post i don't need to give anyone any reason why.

but as if you are so curious my fellow countryman.. this was my edit:

and will prolly cost you diamond to join XD
just as all other games

DeletedUser

whoop now i edited the last post as well (and you can't even c i did)
i intend to correct simple writing faillures i make as well everytime i make a post.. a habit i can't help.

DeletedUser

yes tmg, some people have real jobs. Sometimes diamonds are cheaper than their time.

DeletedUser

lol very correct magic..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

500 diamonds to me is the same as 3 minutes 20 seconds at work.

So far I earnt more money having two cigerettes than i spent on this game. Sure the logic is flawed.

The reality is you spend 3 times more time clicking buildings and you can't keep up.

DeletedUser

that is prolly the reason we are so close together in points, we keep changing ranks everyday XD
and yeah i need to work as well, mostly 10 or more hrs per day.
i can't say i earn that much as you do as for me it is 30 mins work XD

DeletedUser

you spend more time at this game than i do. from your build structure 2-3 time more time.

Its nothing to do with potential earnings. If there were 300 hours in a day i could find work for all 300 hours.

DeletedUser

rather than try to quote everyone , i'll just type all my replies in here.:)
first , i am not having a go at anyone personally. my discussions are purely on this game and how i feel about it :)
premium features ( diamonds ) are not for me. i believe we should all be on a level playing field.
if someone wishes to purchase extra features , in any game , then that is their choice, and i'm fine with that :)
speed round , well to be honest , i don't think i'm that good :) or would enjoy it that much.
when i find a game i like , i play it a lot , and i like to keep playing , to keep doing something , not stare at the screen for hours waiting for something.
i have placed suggestions in the correct forum , but this discussion does require some explanation of why / how i think it can be improved.
just saying " i need more land " is not helpfull , explaining WHY i need more land is :)
going faster than the game allows? yes, i probably am , that's how i play :)
get it wrong and you're ****ed :)
was what i was GOING to post , but i didnt want to swear :) :)

DeletedUser

lol kk i read that one wrong,i'm not having a go at anyone either.
but if someone mixes into something and actually hasn't nothing to add i go sarcastic.
don't get me wrong if i do,it just means i am playing with that person.

i'm not a bully but just don't anoy me ;)
you on the other hand is trying to keep the peace and just to be clear.
giving your oppinion is not always appreciated or taken the wrong way.

mostly that means i'm bored..

to magic.. i work to live and i don't live to work ;)

DeletedUser

i go to work because i HAVE to , i play games because i WANT to :)
we work so that we can come home and have fun :)
FoE is a good game , and will be fun in the future , when they've ironed the bugs out.
but , i do believe there is a sticking point , and that is the use of land.
only myself and one other guy have reached the iron age , in my group.
perhaps when others advance a bit , and start trading , the game will improve.
or guild / global trading is introduced.
i'm hoping this will be within the next 48 hours:)
until then , i'll wait :)
Lone

DeletedUser

@TGM If you are bored i suggest you take a walk outside but don't forget the umbrella cause its raining!

@all I don't understand why every discussion is turning into diamonds topic? And more over, do you think people will buy diamonds just because you tell them to? Because, apparently that is the only answer you can give to a discussion: If you want that, buy diamonds. If you can't wait... buy diamonds. Anyway this is offtopic.

Back to the topic, I will give an example. In my group i have a few active players, not so many but few. I used diamonds and took all the expansions available. The result is: i have more production, more houses, more money, more military. Thus those poor people have no chance. And that only because i have more space and they don't... so yeah, space is important

DeletedUser

i have 6 active players in my group , and i think only one of them is trading. so getting the goods is very slow.
i can wait , but producing goods at 1 every 4 hours is slow.
slow enough , that it will take me nearly 3 days to produce enough to unlock the next exp in the research section.
and there is no other way to get an expansion. my forge points filled up 12 hours ago.
that's at least 12 forge points wasted. this is why i suggested the ability to buy an exp using forge points.
say 10 points for the first one , 20 for the second , etc.
Lone :)

DeletedUser

@TGM If you are bored i suggest you take a walk outside but don't forget the umbrella cause its raining!
got nothing better to say?
@all I don't understand why every discussion is turning into diamonds topic? And more over, do you think people will buy diamonds just because you tell them to? Because, apparently that is the only answer you can give to a discussion: If you want that, buy diamonds. If you can't wait... buy diamonds. Anyway this is offtopic.
hey as much i hate it, it is indeed the purpose of the developpers. otherwise we won't be even playing this.
Back to the topic, I will give an example. In my group i have a few active players, not so many but few. I used diamonds and took all the expansions available. The result is: i have more production, more houses, more money, more military. Thus those poor people have no chance. And that only because i have more space and they don't... so yeah, space is important
no chance of what? beating you in points? do you know what the goal is of the game?

exactly as there is where you go wrong, space is of course important especially if you do it the american way,
all bigger and better than others.. more more more...
well feel free to gather as much space you want.
but it still doesn't give's you any advantage on your goods..
(you might empty your mine quicker than others.. but if others have nothing to trade with you ,then you will get stuck anyway.. this has nothing to do with space in your vill.)
unless you use all that space on buildings you don't have bonusses for..
but then you prolly so good you won't need any others to play with XD

(just being sarcastic mate.. i'm not picking on anyone as also i just gave my opinion.. but somehow today some people got out at the wrong side of their bed i believe) :D

DeletedUser

i have 6 active players in my group , and i think only one of them is trading. so getting the goods is very slow.
i can wait , but producing goods at 1 every 4 hours is slow.
slow enough , that it will take me nearly 3 days to produce enough to unlock the next exp in the research section.
and there is no other way to get an expansion. my forge points filled up 12 hours ago.
that's at least 12 forge points wasted. this is why i suggested the ability to buy an exp using forge points.
say 10 points for the first one , 20 for the second , etc.
Lone :)

yeah it would indeed be nice to use FP for them,but i just don't understand how our continent has no problem with space issues as far i know noone else either.

as magic and i already indicated, we even got space left. i got 150k goods in stock had over 100k coins dunno about magic.
(used some in a few costy quests). so there i have no shortage..

DeletedUser

If you look at the later ages almost half of the Research tree is dedicated to more space. If you do get out ahead of the rest of your group do what I do, use the PvP towers to your advantage, with no competition getting medals is easy. As for the 'pace' I have this comment: I am an American who is an avid board game player, the best board games come from Europe (the US takes games that have not changed in decades and now changed them every year), there is no 'rushing' in the good board games, only planning and patience. My advice, don't think like an American.

DeletedUser

got nothing better to say?
hey as much i hate it, it is indeed the purpose of the developpers. otherwise we won't be even playing this.

no chance of what? beating you in points? do you know what the goal is of the game?

exactly as there is where you go wrong, space is of course important especially if you do it the american way,
all bigger and better than others.. more more more...
well feel free to gather as much space you want.
but it still doesn't give's you any advantage on your goods..
(you might empty your mine quicker than others.. but if others have nothing to trade with you ,then you will get stuck anyway.. this has nothing to do with space in your vill.)
unless you use all that space on buildings you don't have bonusses for..
but then you prolly so good you won't need any others to play with XD

(just being sarcastic mate.. i'm not picking on anyone as also i just gave my opinion.. but somehow today some people got out at the wrong side of their bed i believe) :D

Not that i need to give you any details on how i play, like an american, french or Chinese... While those poor players are stuck unlocking some research, I have enough land to have 5 Granite buildings at the same time, so NO i don't need to trade with anybody. They need to trade with me for their own benefit. I am still in the HMA and i already have goods for the whole age and almost all the goods required in the LMA (except Silk, Basalt and Bras).

I was never stuck until now and don't expect to be. And who was talking about points? As someone mentions above, about pvp towers... Since players are stuck somewhere in the tech tree they cannot unlock the tower. Its no wonder I was alone and still am alone in HMA tower. That is just an example; the list can go on about the advantages of having space.

As a closing note: this has nothing to do with all bigger and better than others as you sarcastically like to point out... it is about the role of build space in this game. Care to tell me again now the goal of the game? Maybe i missed it somewhere in the bronze age.

Cheers and have fun