• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2015

DeletedUser7990

I don't think the future era will come that quickly, it might even be that halloween comes before.
However that's a bit off-topic.

Seeing as it took over a year to get the Tomorrow Era out, I wouldn't be worrying about that sort of thing. I think the Easter Event will be in the Tomorrow Era still and no future era until April/May time 2016.

:D I was just teasing mate :D
The point is, every year, whenever new event comes (Winter Event, Summer Event, Easter, Valentine day etc) someone complains that some of these events are discriminating based on racial, political, religious, or any other kind of difference you can imagine among the players. So, few days ago, at some other thread (I really don't remember which) few players were joking about what kind of discrimination will appear this time, and one of participants brought an idea that this time it could be claimed as hemispherical based discrimination or something like that. So when new event came and no one came with complaints about discriminating nature of event, I remembered that thread and shout it loud. Better to make joke of it than to listen a real complaints by people who are convinced in that things (if you don't believe me read some of earlier events threads). So, join the fun, and of course, if you have some useful tips considering Summer Event, share it with others:)

Cheers :D

It has been disappointing so far. Not too many people complaining about it. Maybe there needs to be a thread that is simply "complain about the summer event for religious or political reasons", might be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
Seeing as it took over a year to get the Tomorrow Era out, I wouldn't be worrying about that sort of thing. I think the Easter Event will be in the Tomorrow Era still and no future era until April/May time 2016.

Since when is 6 months longer than a year? :D

DeletedUser105544

Shhhhhhhh...people, I have a secret information, next Summer there will be Summer Event. And one Easter Event on the next Easter!

DeletedUser5180

update 1.37 October 15th contained the release of Contempory Era then update 1.49 April 16th contained the release of Tomorrow Era

that's a six month gap betwee the 2 era's, it's hardly over a year, can't folks check their facts before posting.?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I guess technically Frigidweiro is correct - the first update I can see is update 0.9.1 which occurred on April 12th 2012. Tomorrow Era came in update 1.49 on April 16th 2015 (almost 3 years to the day)

So anyone beginning play on April 12th 2012 would have to wait 3 years for Tomorrow Era, which as FW said is more than a year... hehehee :)

DeletedUser4879

Hi, no complaints here! Call it any name you like! As long as we get some nice prizes!
;)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I don't know if it was the same last year but I noticed something quite positive - if you already have a portrait that is offered as a prize on the wheel then you are unable to win it again and you are instead offered the adjacent prize as show by the arrow :)

portrait.JPG

As can be seen there are still 'Hugh' portraits available (as indicated by the green segments) but if I was to land on that prize I would win one of the large supplies packages instead.

Last edited:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I don't know if it was the same last year but I noticed something quite positive - if you already have a portrait that is offered as a prize on the wheel then you are unable to win it again and you are instead offered the adjacent prize as show by the arrow :)

It was like this last year, and the year before that. But you are incorrect in believing that you would get the adjacent prize. The wheel can never stop on an empty slot, or on a portrait you already have, and the arrows don't actually mean anything, since all the available prizes always have the same probability. Also, the button to stop the spin does not do anything, in fact the prize you get is predetermined when you start the spin.

DeletedUser99588

It was like this last year, and the year before that. But you are incorrect in believing that you would get the adjacent prize. The wheel can never stop on an empty slot, or on a portrait you already have, and the arrows don't actually mean anything, since all the available prizes always have the same probability. Also, the button to stop the spin does not do anything, in fact the prize you get is predetermined when you start the spin.

You cannot be certain of this without seeing the code. For example it could be that spin is pressed and a prize is determined and if it is a portrait you own the code defaults to the next prize. Alternatively it could be how you describe and portraits you own are removed from the win list before the spin and therefore could never be won.

Without seeing the code behind it we can only hypothesise how it works.

Either way the good thing is we do not get duplicate portraits.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
You cannot be certain of this without seeing the code.

I can and I am.

The way this works is that when you spin the wheel and it contains a portrait you already own, you may sometimes see one copy of the portrait disappearing just before the wheel stops, as if someone else had won it. But from the log you can see that no one else spun the wheel. What happens is that the game picks the portrait for you to win, but since you already have it the game then picks another prize, but one copy of the portrait disappears anyway. The actual prize you get may be the next one, but it is just as likely to be any other one on the wheel. I have observed this repeatedly, and anyone else can easily verify this.

The fact that the wheel never stops on an empty slot should be obvious. The fact that the prize is predetermined and the stop button has no effect has been established by several bugs where people have received their prize before the wheel has actually stopped. And while I have no conclusive proof that the probability is the same for all prizes regardless of any empty slots and arrows, I have been in the position where the wheel only contained diamonds in one slot and coins in the next slot, when all seven slots leading up to diamonds were empty. If the arrows did matter, the diamonds should have been 8 times as likely to win as the coins. But, you guessed it - I did not get the diamonds until all coin prizes were gone. In short, all available evidence says that the arrows mean nothing.

DeletedUser4879

Now that it has started, I can reveal that Medals can be won on the wheel as I won 11000!
No misprint! Other than that got A Watch-Fire! Love 'em to pieces! Got that many in my City
one can hardly see any other buildings!! Only thing I would love somebody to spray some RP7
or whatever this fine oil is called in your city and it's a bit wobbely...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser101925

Won 2 Watchfires today even though I was spinning for that Jones portrait. :p