• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Summer Event 2015

DeletedUser105544

Why is it called "summer" event. We have a lot of players on EN server from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other countries placed on southern hemisphere and now is the Autumn for them, and at the time of "Summer" event, there will be Winter. By naming it "Summer" event, these players may feel like less important, which they are not. I have a lot of friends form there.

DeletedUser80579

Why is it called "summer" event. We have a lot of players on EN server from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other countries placed on southern hemisphere and now is the Autumn for them, and at the time of "Summer" event, there will be Winter. By naming it "Summer" event, these players may feel like less important, which they are not. I have a lot of friends form there.

Because the game is designed and based in Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105544

Because the game is designed and based in Germany.

If developers are limited with geographic location of resident country of the company, can you explain than why EN server is timed at GMT0 instead of GMT+1 (where Germany is located)?

DeletedUser

If developers are limited with geographic location of resident country of the company, can you explain than why EN server is timed at GMT0 instead of GMT+1 (where Germany is located)?

That's not really relevant anyway, can we carry on with the discussion on the Summer Event please? :)

DeletedUser80579

The EN server isn't. The time you see in game will be your local time, but server time is German time.

But that's beside the point really, the fact is that no one is bothered about the summer event being called the summer event, you're just complaining for the sake of it.

Back to the summer event... It looks good, and I for one am pleased with the new special event buildings :)

DeletedUser6065

Going for the Circus. Lord knows we have enough clowns.

And - strangely enough they aren't all Dev's, as I had imagined.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser9614

What about people who live on the North Pole and do not have summer at all? Oh and the penguins too.
We need to think about them as well.

DeletedUser105544

Back to the summer event... It looks good, and I for one am pleased with the new special event buildings :)

Will there be rogue hideouts? (that is the old thing, already seen, but I need more of them) :)

DeletedUser

What about people who live on the North Pole and do not have summer at all? Oh and the penguins too.

Oh yes, we have to imagine all of the people! This event has a very bad name for those poor people that are located in the North Pole.

DeletedUser6065

Historical Footnote: pawelp was the first Forger to achieve 1 million ranking points on the EN's.

This was before GvG, Great Pukers (yes, that's what I call them) and Soccer Scandals.

He achieved that score with the clever use of Fire Hydrants (I am not making this up. I was there).

***insert comments here*** < < <

Take a bow, pawelp. Thanks to you and all the others who got us here.

. . . . mk

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I don't understand. This thread is about the summer event 2015 - how is mentioning the fact that someone got 1 million points even relevant?

DeletedUser80579

Will there be rogue hideouts? (that is the old thing, already seen, but I need more of them) :)

But to answer your question,
yes there are rogue hideouts available in the event.

DeletedUser96901

thank you for the event

can't wait to get 20 more shrines of knowledge :o

DeletedUser6065

I don't understand. This thread is about the summer event 2015 - how is mentioning the fact that someone got 1 million points even relevant?

I would assume, that pawlep used some to the points from the original summer event to get to 'the fact . . . 1 milliion points'.

So again, I just point out that paw (can I call you paw?) was one of the ones who allowed for the continuation of FoE, with all it's idiosyncrasies to continue. And gives us the opportinity to complain about it, yet some how keep participating (see posts regarding Summer Event 2015).

As I said, it's a testimonial:

'Here Today on the Eve of the 2015 Summer Event, we are called to remember . . '

. . . mk

DeletedUser

Fun has been had now can we please get back to topic, its too nice for me to have to start being mean on the forum :)

DeletedUser7719

May I remind everyone that prizes for the Summer Event have not been disclosed, so please use spoilers if you want to talk about it until the event has been released

(I am the one who has deleted/edited many posts that have been derogatory and insulting. Please message me if you have any concerns about it)

DeletedUser97936

Apologies for silly question will medal rewards get boosted by Chateau Frontenac?

thank you

DeletedUser96901

Apologies for silly question will medal rewards get boosted by Chateau Frontenac?

thank you
no
because there are no medal rewards in summer event quests

DeletedUser15432

Well, the speculation as to the timing of the event is finally over, we have a defined date for the start of the event, could we also have a defined time for the start of the event so that we who play multiple worlds can plan our aiding accordingly.

I am wondering how many more premium buildings I will be able to collect during this event, I currently have 433 all of which are placed in various cities