• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.52

DeletedUser105544

Aaahh, today was only maintenance I guess. Thanks.
It is quite annoying when I do my daily plunder or aiding friends and have to search after each operation where I had been previously.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
We don't have any information on that as of yet.

My best guess would be within the next 2 updates but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Actually, we do.

One of the "Did you know?" panels on the Beta server says the Summer Event will run until July 8th. This is not however when the event ends on Beta, instead it seems to be the date the event is supposed to end on the live servers. Since the event lasts three weeks, the probable start date is June 17th.

Note that this date is subject to change, and has not been officially confirmed.

DeletedUser99588

So we get this announcement on beta 26 May 2015. Please note the part I have highlighted that refers to needing feedback from players before implementing on live servers.

GvG is changing!
Dear beta testers,

From today, aggressive NPCs will lay down their weapons, and become peaceful.

Why are we doing this?

There are two main reasons:

We aim at simplifying GvG and we felt that the system of peaceful and aggressive NPCs adds complexity.
The load on the servers during daily recalculation will also decrease, as there will be no numerous attacks to be calculated at the same time.

We need your feedback on this as it is not yet decided whether this change should be rolled out on the live servers.Please leave any feedback in the feedback thread. Should you find any issues, please post these in the bug report forum.

Thank you for your assistance testing Forge of Empires!

Then the very next day we get this amendment to update 1.52 announcement on live server:

Additional to the update above.

Removal of the aggressive NPCs from the GvG map (or rather turn them into peaceful ones)

Is it just me or is one day consultation for feedback before announcing change just paying lip service to the request for feedback. I had hoped they were genuinely trying to engage with us and debate a major change to GvG.

Although I know many will look at this change and welcome it because it will make GvG easier for them and less effort but try and think ahead at the other consequences.

The beta feedback has been mixed but please take a look at the thread and the different arguments. Try and look beyond the initial thought of making things easier and what it will actually do to the balance of the game which needs stimulus not another change that leads to further stagnation of maps.

http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5055-Feedback-GvG-NPC-changes&p=24008

DeletedUser2989

Note that this date is subject to change, and has not been officially confirmed.

That would indeed be the reason why I made my guess :) Any of the announcements on Beta don't apply here until there is an official announcement here. Details like exact start dates, length and end dates are all subject to change while the event is in beta.

DeletedUser

So we get this announcement on beta 26 May 2015. Please note the part I have highlighted that refers to needing feedback from players before implementing on live servers.

Then the very next day we get this amendment to update 1.52 announcement on live server:

Is it just me or is one day consultation for feedback before announcing change just paying lip service to the request for feedback. I had hoped they were genuinely trying to engage with us and debate a major change to GvG.

Although I know many will look at this change and welcome it because it will make GvG easier for them and less effort but try and think ahead at the other consequences.

The beta feedback has been mixed but please take a look at the thread and the different arguments. Try and look beyond the initial thought of making things easier and what it will actually do to the balance of the game which needs stimulus not another change that leads to further stagnation of maps.

http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?5055-Feedback-GvG-NPC-changes&p=24008

I have spoken with the LCM and shared your post, after some discussion we have agreed to postpone the change until next week.

DeletedUser97018

I have spoken with the LCM and shared your post, after some discussion we have agreed to postpone the change until next week.

so the change will happen no matter what we say about it... kinda loses it's purpose us talking about it, doesn't it? :confused:

DeletedUser80579

Hopefully the time will be used to properly analyse the feedback and make an informed decision. It is good to see changes being made in direct response to constructive feedback, so thanks to Tracey and Thanatos for their efforts :)

DeletedUser99588

Thank you for doing that Tracey but is it worth postponing for a week if the decision has already been made? The point being it looks like the feedback requested was never going to be a factor in the decision making. This is a significant change to GvG and one that might look good on the surface but those that have thought a little deeper and with a little less self interest can see it will not be a benefit for GvG as whole and younger guilds to make their first steps into it. It will be fine for the more successful guilds as it will make life easier for them and coastal sectors will be something worth having as they will no longer be a daily drain on resources.

The developers have lost their way and seem unable to find it again. They should be looking at ways of making GvG more interesting not less.

I'm going to remain optimistic and hope this isn't a done deal and the decision makers will take the week to really think about what they are proposing. It really does seem a knee jerk reaction to needing to ease up server loading. There must be a better solution to that problem even if it means some daily GvG downtime around reset for the calculations to be made. It might also be a consideration not to keep opening new worlds and instead use the servers to spread the load of the existing worlds.

DeletedUser

so the change will happen no matter what we say about it... kinda loses it's purpose us talking about it, doesn't it? :confused:

Yes the change will happen you are correct. (Dont all start screaming yet!)

The reason why we have to have it live on our version is due to the size of beta, yes we used it to ensure it works and is bug free. We also use it to gain some initial feedback, but no informed decion can be made until we see the impact upon the game itself.

If after we have it live, we find that the impact upon the game play or your feedback is negative, then we have the option to turn it back off.

So it does matter what you say about it, as that will have a big impact on the the features future.

DeletedUser80579

Why delay the inevitable then, if the delay won't be used for anything?

DeletedUser2989

Actually feedback made in this thread would count towards the decision making process, similar to how it counted towards the implementation of "removing the delete armies button from GvG" change. It was planned and announced but before it came into existence a lot of negative feedback appeared on the update thread and it was taken out (but put in a few updates later with the replace button change...).

So I'd say there is a chance that feedback here and now would be considered towards the change going ahead or not but if it's not conclusive enough the feature would probably be switched on for at least a short time (if a lot of negative feedback then comes from the switch being flicked...). Like a few things in this game, changes are not always permanent.

Edit: I already gave my feedback on the beta server thread so I won't be duplicating it here.

DeletedUser

Why delay the inevitable then, if the delay won't be used for anything?

As it was only set to live yesterday on beta, the extra week will give us more time to ensure that there are no issues before it goes live.

DeletedUser99588

Yes the change will happen you are correct. (Dont all start screaming yet!)

The reason why we have to have it live on our version is due to the size of beta, yes we used it to ensure it works and is bug free. We also use it to gain some initial feedback, but no informed decion can be made until we see the impact upon the game itself.

If after we have it live, we find that the impact upon the game play or your feedback is negative, then we have the option to turn it back off.

So it does matter what you say about it, as that will have a big impact on the the features future.

No offence but this is such backward thinking and adds weight to the argument that en server is merely an extension of beta. So we are now expected to make GvG strategic decisions based on the change in the knowledge it could be changed back again. I think Innogames should stop considering us as their minions and start treating us as paying customers. I know some play for free but many don't even if their expenditure isn't massive.

The developers have a responsibility to keep the game balanced and interesting and seem to be failing to do that in a number of areas. It really shouldn't be this difficult and I do wonder after so much feedback regarding GvG has been given why this of all changes, which quite frankly I've never seen a post requesting, should come to the forefront. The only reason seems to be server loading which I'm sure could be solved in alternative ways. They seem to be able to find server space for all these new worlds opened.

As it was only set to live yesterday on beta, the extra week will give us more time to ensure that there are no issues before it goes live.

So the request for feedback was just lip service as it clearly stated it was needed before a decision was made for it to be rolled out on live servers.

We need your feedback on this as it is not yet decided whether this change should be rolled out on the live servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

Beta's feedback was required and is appreciated, but it is low in amount and cannot aid the developers in making an informed decision. Bringing it to these servers would let them see how it affects the game and it will provide them with sufficient feedback as to whether or not this change should remain with the game.

DeletedUser96745

This action of removing agressive NPC is a good one. But it surely amuses me that things like that get so high attention, while others that were so much written about, still on hold (for half year and even more). So saying our words have impact is simply not true.

DeletedUser99588

Beta's feedback was required and is appreciated, but it is low in amount and cannot aid the developers in making an informed decision. Bringing it to these servers would let them see how it affects the game and it will provide them with sufficient feedback as to whether or not this change should remain with the game.

Get real you only allowed 24 hours for feedback to be given on beta.

This action of removing agressive NPC is a good one. But it surely amuses me that things like that get so high attention, while others that were so much written about, still on hold (for half year and even more).

Yes this will be good for the strongest guilds so lets not worry about the younger ones trying to break into GvG. Lets just think about how life will be so much easier not having to organise defence replacement and not worry about how boring things will become with further stagnation and continued domination of maps. As you can see I do not agree with you but you have as much right to your opinion as I and if the majority are in favour of such a change then I guess we just have to get on with it. I do hope players of all stages in the game think a little deeper than the initial benefit of not having to replace defence armies from aggressive NPC attacks. Many off the changes made by the developers to GvG since it was introduced has had a negative effect and reduced activity. Lets not compound those with yet another one.

So saying our words have impact is simply not true.

Never a truer word spoken although there has been a handful of occasions where our voices have been heard but normally it only delays the action. Both the removal of the delete defence button in GvG and the switch in the game settings for turning the hardware accelerator on/off were delayed but eventually forced upon us.

DeletedUser16026

Get real you only allowed 24 hours for feedback to be given on beta.

And despite 6 pages of discussion, unfortunately the opinion doesn't sway on either side, even though those are the majority of the active players who have already responded. As the update here is taking place tomorrow they wanted to introduce this change at the same time with it and hopefully get a more concrete opinion.

DeletedUser96745

Yes this will be good for the strongest guilds so lets not worry about the younger ones trying to break into GvG. Lets just think about how life will be so much easier not having to organise defence replacement and not worry about how boring things will become with further stagnation and continued domination of maps. As you can see I do not agree with you but you have as much right to your opinion as I and if the majority are in favour of such a change then I guess we just have to get on with it. I do hope players of all stages in the game think a little deeper than the initial benefit of not having to replace defence armies from aggressive NPC attacks. Many off the changes made by the developers to GvG since it was introduced has had a negative effect and reduced activity. Lets not compound those with yet another one.

Looking at that point of view, I tend to agree with you. But what I am saying, that things getting fixed are those things, that were not mentioned here on forums on some big scale (atleast I didnt see it). The important ones, are ignored. Like free army sieges, ghosting, crazy GB points, etc...