• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Treasure Hunt

DeletedUser15432

Thank you for the answer regarding what is in the goods packages

I am in various ages and I do not find the "Treasure Hunt" a waste of time, it has had very little actual effect on the way I play the game

Effect 1 - 4 minutes to go through all worlds and collect the first quest of the day
Effect 2 - check forum for any additional updates and add additional comments if any are needed - use up 15 minutes waiting for 2nd quest, then collect the quest and continue with normal game play (would have normally checked the forum before starting normal game play)
Quest 3 - collect as part of normal game play
Quest 4 - collect as part of normal game play
Quest 5 - collect as part of normal game play
Quest 6 - collect in the morning along with the overnight productions and spending forge point accumulations, as part of normal game play

If you time it correctly, the "treasure hunt" should not interfere greatly with your game play at all

A very useful extra source of the following: -

Coins - better in the higher prizes
Supplies - better in the higher prizes again
Medals - are always useful
Goods package - 25 goods up to PE or 15 goods thereafter - always useful
Forge point packages - always come in handy
Unattached unit - extra units are always useful, more troops to either firm up defences or use to batter they neighbours or aid in GvG
Random blueprint - can be useful especially if you get the BP that you need for the start of another GB

Therefore a +1 to Inno Games for introducing this to the main game

DeletedUser5514

I wish i had the chance to reach the last quest everyday, but real life comes 1st... when i manage that, im getting coins. Therefore a -1 from me.

DeletedUser

It's free stuff that requires almost no effort, it's all bonus so there is no reason to get all angry about it. I don't see this adding up significantly even on my LMA world, but it's not like it's hurting me and all the prizes are useful. And it matches FoE's policy of rewarding participation (like how 3, 8-hour productions gives more than 1 24-hour production) nicely with the way the prizes expire. I like it and am happy it's around. Its like a free wishing well minus the waste of space!

DeletedUser914

It's free stuff that requires almost no effort, it's all bonus so there is no reason to get all angry about it. I don't see this adding up significantly even on my LMA world, but it's not like it's hurting me and all the prizes are useful. And it matches FoE's policy of rewarding participation (like how 3, 8-hour productions gives more than 1 24-hour production) nicely with the way the prizes expire. I like it and am happy it's around. Its like a free wishing well minus the waste of space!

I so dislike it when people say it is all bonus, Also the standard reply during an event all bonus. this treasure hunt gives 2,85 forgepoints on average daily and forgepoints to upgrade great buildings are an essential part of the game. Same with shrines during events, also not just a small bonus. The ones who say that real life is also important have here a great point and a good reason to complain: they simply miss 2,85 fp.

DeletedUser105579

My opinion..... We do not want to be addicted to FOE, this is NOT a game to get addicted to, it's a nice relaxed slow game. This treasure hunt is COMPLETELY out of sync with the whole IDEA of the game.

That being said,
the 5 minutes and 15 minutes and so on is ridiculous. devs want to give us a treasure hunt? make it 4hrs each or something. and make it reload every day rather than finish in one hour.

Aka 4hrs a leg of the treasure hunt trip, restarts each day, gives USEFUL gifts from the second 4 hr leg onwards.

(1st 4 hrs gives something moderately useless, each 4hr time period afte that gives fps, bps, unattached units, etc only.)

If we have to deal with this mockery of the game, at least make is something more akin to the idea of the game itself.

DeletedUser99588

GvG turned it into a 24/7 game so it is in keeping with it now. I think they got the GvG concept wrong and it wasn't in keeping with their existing customer base but I guess they were looking for a different type of player in search of increasing diamond sales. Not sure if it worked or not but I went from spending nothing to something (although not much) so maybe it did.

All you can do is adapt or leave.

DeletedUser100832

problem with the TH is that you kinda have to play it... or you miss out on the goodies

most of all, the loss of 0.3x2+0.15x(5+10)~3fp per day from not playing it to the end once per day would be a problem for most people.

DeletedUser5180

for those that are complaining that they have RL commitments and can't complete the TH every day, well all i can say is you are not any worse off than before it was introduced. It rewards activity just as much of the game does.......if your not active you lose fps, have to use longer collection patterns with less reward etc etc.

I'd see the point if it cost something to have it and you were losing out as a result of not being able to complete but thats not the case.

i don't see the problem here at all

I await easter event with interest when all the moaners say the egg counter only going up to 6 hiding actions is not fair.

DeletedUser914

for those that are complaining that they have RL commitments and can't complete the TH every day, well all i can say is you are not any worse off than before it was introduced. It rewards activity just as much of the game does.......if your not active you lose fps, have to use longer collection patterns with less reward etc etc.

I'd see the point if it cost something to have it and you were losing out as a result of not being able to complete but thats not the case.

i don't see the problem here at all

I await easter event with interest when all the moaners say the egg counter only going up to 6 hiding actions is not fair.

A reminder: this is the same person who constantly sticks on the opinion not to nerve great building values. that alot of competitors are not able to catch those packages is very welcome for himself.

DeletedUser5514

Got a goods package but cannot find it... where could it be stored? tks

DeletedUser15432

The goods packages go straight into your goods stockpile, up to PE you get 5 of each of the current age goods, after PE you 3 of each of the current age refined goods

DeletedUser2989

The goods packages go straight into your goods stockpile, up to PE you get 5 of each of the current age goods, after PE you 3 of each of the current age refined goods

Just to add to that Byeordie has a spoiler for how much you'd get from the goods package in the 8 hour chest

You won:
Goods from your current age. If you're in the unrefined ages (PE and below), you won 5 of each good from the 4h or 10 of each good from the 8h. If you're in the refined ages (ME to CE), you won 3 of each good from the 4h or 5 of each good from the 8h

The name "goods package" might be a bit misleading as it goes straight into your stockpile (unlike "FP packages") but I think it might just have been the most convenient way to describe the prize...

DeletedUser5180

A reminder: this is the same person who constantly sticks on the opinion not to nerve great building values. that alot of competitors are not able to catch those packages is very welcome for himself.

nerfing GB values has nothing to do with this so i fail to see what the point of that statement is, i also have no high lvl GB, my highest is lvl 15 so don't benefit from the GB values anyway.

why would it be welcome for me if others cannot catch those packages.? i'm not in direct competition with any other player so fail to see the point you are making.

Finally, i normally work 11 hour days (although off for a few days atm) so will not be able to complete the treasure hunt anyway but i don't see that as a reason to criticise it just because i'm not gaining from the top chests.

I mentioned easter event because when it comes i will come home from work and be able to hide 6 eggs, many players will have hidden 12 by that time, i will not however be on the forum moaning about unfairness etc i take these events and features as they come and make the most of them without comparing my failure to complete anything due to RL with any other players success and moan that i'm disadvantaged.

Its a game at the end of the day, everyone's gaming time is different so just make the most of what your RL circumstances allow without moaning.

You personally were also moaning about the winter event and how disadvantaged you were due to your beliefs. It seems no matter what INNO do there is no pleasing you, i really wonder at times why you play this game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

nerfing GB values has nothing to do with this so i fail to see what the point of that statement is, i also have no high lvl GB, my highest is lvl 15 so don't benefit from the GB values anyway.

why would it be welcome for me if others cannot catch those packages.? i'm not in direct competition with any other player so fail to see the point you are making.

Finally, i normally work 11 hour days (although off for a few days atm) so will not be able to complete the treasure hunt anyway but i don't see that as a reason to criticise it just because i'm not gaining from the top chests.

I mentioned easter event because when it comes i will come home from work and be able to hide 6 eggs, many players will have hidden 12 by that time, i will not however be on the forum moaning about unfairness etc i take these events and features as they come and make the most of them without comparing my failure to complete anything due to RL with any other players success and moan that i'm disadvantaged.

Its a game at the end of the day, everyone's gaming time is different so just make the most of what your RL circumstances allow without moaning.

You personally were also moaning about the winter event and how disadvantaged you were due to your beliefs. It seems no matter what INNO do there is no pleasing you, i really wonder at times why you play this game

Since you called rankings with more then 100 million points not a problem remarks from this guy cannot be taken serious anymore: especially when it is about the things that upgrade Gbs, forgepoints.

DeletedUser5180

Since you called rankings with more then 100 million points not a problem remarks from this guy cannot be taken serious anymore: especially when it is about the things that upgrade Gbs, forgepoints.

why would ranking points be a problem, a player with 100 million points has no advantage over a player with 1 million points. they may sit top of a table but get absolutely no advantage in the game from that.

anways why keep bringing up GB ranking points here.? whether i agree or disagree with any nerf, this it has nothing to do with the treasure hunt.

i have explained i won't benefit from gb ranking points, neither will i benefit from the treasure hunt as much as some players will due to work commitments yet i still support it so what is your problem with that.?

I see other players supporting the treasure hunt....... yet you are not questioning them, or the opinions they have expressed in any other discussion threads......... so why me.?

now lets get back to the topic and look at the treasure hunt in more detail.

you log onto the game and collect the 5 min chest,
after 15 mins sailing time you can open the next chest,
collect it and 1 hour sailing time to the next chest.
you've now been active for a period of 1 hr and 15 mins to arrive at and open the 1 hour chest.
Thats not a lot of time which probably most players will easily do. then there is 4 hours sail time to the next chest.

if you are not able to collect that chest in time to continue on with the hunt (this is the first 4 hour chest) you still get to collect it and restart, even if its a day later and you have a 30% chance of winning 2 fps.

every player should reach that chest every 24 hrs, if not (and as FoE is a time game) then you really should not be complaining.

What is so wrong with being given a 30% chance of getting 2 extra forge points at least once every day.?

DeletedUser914

I see other players supporting the treasure hunt....... yet you are not questioning them, or the opinions they have expressed in any other discussion threads......... so why me.?

This game looks like turning into a who catches most forgepoints wins. This treasure hunt supports some who are able to catch them in time, others will always fail. You were one of the only ones who stated that the high ranking points (gained with forgepoints) is not a big deal, and that is a ridiculous statement. It involves the way with what kind of play the top is reached. The one who wins did put most forgepoints in Alcatraz, the packages from treasure hunt would help to upgrade it faster.

DeletedUser5180

This game looks like turning into a who catches most forgepoints wins. This treasure hunt supports some who are able to catch them in time, others will always fail. You were one of the only ones who stated that the high ranking points (gained with forgepoints) is not a big deal, and that is a ridiculous statement. It involves the way with what kind of play the top is reached. The one who wins did put most forgepoints in Alcatraz, the packages from treasure hunt would help to upgrade it faster.

opening the final chest gives a 15% chance of winning 10 forge points. 15% is a 1 in 6.66 chance ie just a tiny bit more than 1 in 7 chance.

so on the law of averages if you complete the hunt every day you will win 10 forge points every 7th day. I say on the law of averages and a study would need to be done over a period of time to accertain the accuracy of the 15% stated chance.

to a player who's main aim is building up alcatraz.......will 10 fps once a week really be a game changer.? when you see cities with 40-50 shrines and high level Hagias, Inno Towers and Canaverals all giving daily fps then the treasure hunt fps which should pay out once a week average are pretty insignificant in the big scheme of things.

if ranking points gave a player some in-game benefit then i'd perhaps change my opinion of the gb ranking points, but to imply that the treasure hunt will make any significant difference to anyone's high level GB is pure nonsense and just an excuse to justify merging two totally different arguements purely because i have offered my opinion which differs from yours in both seperate topics

DeletedUser18001

the treasure hunt is boring, annoying and holds no rewards of any value to me, personally i wold like an option to turn it off

DeletedUser5514

tks guys

Just to add to that Byeordie has a spoiler for how much you'd get from the goods package in the 8 hour chest

The name "goods package" might be a bit misleading as it goes straight into your stockpile (unlike "FP packages") but I think it might just have been the most convenient way to describe the prize...