• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Most Popular Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser96867

Just fix the problems we've been telling you about for the last 13 months, which is most of the things listed in starzan's post #91

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105565

Whatever your opinion is on whether or not there should be both + votes and - votes keep in mind the primary objective of this topic. Correct me if I am wrong Star, but I see the format as we are limited to 3 ideas each, and each of these ideas are things we'd like to see changed with GvG...which has nothing to do with voting against ideas people have suggested.

Hey Guys,

I see a couple of scorching ideas in the Ideas section relating to GvG which are obviously very popular (and I will forward what I can shortly). I'm just looking for a bit more feedback from you also, hopefully in a short and sweet format that's easy to use ;)

So could I ask you please to list your top three changes which you would like to see made to GvG. If there is already an Idea posted for the change, please link it if you can. So for eg:

1) I'd like to implement this idea
2) I'd like a Guild Unit pool
3) I'd like to pay in turnips not goods

But preferably without the turnips. As always, please keep on topic :cool:

Cheers

DeletedUser100746

important prizes for winning battles in gvg.
if i spend a lot of time fighting and spend a lot of resources too i want to get something good out of it.
so new special units and special camps for winning battles, more medals diamonds vouchers for buildings.

DeletedUser97205

My 2p!

1. Donating units to a guild unit pool. This could link nicely to;

2. Only do +/-2 ages, so i'm in PME, I cant donate units or fight in EMA. IA for example has a 0% defence bonus, so IA peeps with no GBs can participate. Its not fair that I can come along with 100+ ballistas and a 70% attack bonus and hold huge areas.

2a. if you do make a unit pool and dont want to limit members adding to it, maybe limit the amount of units added per day. For example, i'm PME and I am not permitted to fight in IA, I can make units and donate them to pool, but I am limited to 8 per day. This would allow my IA guild members to have extra units, without it being flooded by higher age members contributions.

3. Hostile NPC's, sieging sectors and generally taking sectors from the established status quo. It would mean big guilds have to work harder to keep territory. The bigger you are, the harder you have to work.

4. Cross river strikes! So neighbouring areas can hit landing zones. So take a PME army, and hit a landing zone in CE/ME. for the PME, maybe grant the attacker the sector, with a few of the higher age defending units defending it (with the story "the defenders were so impressed by you, they swear allegance to you" or something along those lines.)With higher to lower, this could be open to abuse, so maybe once the sector is taken, it goes back to what it was, but the attacker gets some goods or something.

5. Turning off GVG bonuses for non participants. In addition to this, how about a NON-GVG bonus for stated NON-GVG guilds, maybe the ability to motivate goods buildings.

DeletedUser1081

probably because some of us Mods not only have an opinion but are also Guild Founders and we are as entitled to voice an opinion as anyone else who has done so.

Shebob dear, my question was whether this was supposed to be a discussion thread. Starzaan asked us each to list three ideas, not to debate/critique other people's ideas. I mentioned mods because mods are probably clearly informed about the Co-CoMa's intentions in starting this thread.

If it's a thread for critiquing other people's posts:

-1 to the idea of excluding some guild members from the benefits their guild's level is providing. There's already a mechanism that can be applied if a member is doing nothing to contribute to raising the guild's level (which is what provides benefits), owns no "defense pool" buildings or HoFs and is viewed as merely a mooch: They can be invited out of the guild. No need to bother the design/development team to devise anything more elaborate than that.

DeletedUser1081

Whatever your opinion is on whether or not there should be both + votes and - votes keep in mind the primary objective of this topic. Correct me if I am wrong Star, but I see the format as we are limited to 3 ideas each, and each of these ideas are things we'd like to see changed with GvG...which has nothing to do with voting against ideas people have suggested.

Thank you, Deevaun - I'd like clarification of this too: Can we vote for more than three ideas? And are we to post "negative votes" as well?

And Starzaan dear, you have indeed left out some ideas from your list, including:
~ Falcon93's ideas for GvG were mentioned by more than one of us - ddevil even provided a link.
~ Something like a Guild City, entailing something more interesting than the monotony of fighting over hexes.

DeletedUser104609

I'd like to see a GvG event log list that's working full time and not just 10% of the time after I refresh 10 times and then it gets broken in the next 30 min again. Hard to see who's actualyl participating with fighting, replacing if that thing doesn't work properly.

DeletedUser102311

Stop Guild Hoping
Make more sectors LZ, to stop domination of large guilds from closing down Maps, and random release of a guilds central sectors the large guilds have back to LZ to stop dormant sections of the map.
Stop Ghost Guilds..limiting the number of players in guild would not work, the large guilds would simply make the numbers up with inactive players.

DeletedUser100371

Since GVG started I have felt higher players (I am Post modern so I am counting myself) should be limited to fighting in their era, and an era (maybe two) below. It is crazy when you see contemporary era players with 20 archers barracks and an Alcatraz, and it means smaller/younger guilds can't get a look in in GVG, its just the same few big Guilds. It will mean lower age and up and coming players will be able to participate more in GVG, making it more interesting for all, rather than it being dominated by the biggest players with the biggest bonuses. Lets level the playing field a bit :) (now waits for the howls of outrage!)

zirrania

Private
1) Make it so a player can replace armies without having Trusted rights, and have it so armies can be deleted without replacing, but only Trusted can actually delete an army.
2) I'd like a Guild Unit pool for replacing armies. Also for fighting battles, if that can be done without causing extreme confusion with everyone trying to pick out troops to fight with at the same time!
3) I'd like to have a guild record of donations to the treasury, and to the Unit pool if that is implemented.

DeletedUser105556

1. Points for guild contributions that lead to promotion with higher bonuses as you move up the ranks, to compensate for your efforts.

2. New guild messages to be displayed at log in.

3. Gvg event log is poor and very confusing, needs fixing.

Only been playing just over a month, but these are a few of the problems i have encountered.

DeletedUser

I love building my city and would like to see more land expansion because I think it's to slow and ponderous at the present rate.

DeletedUser97349

To clarify, this thread is aimed at getting some clear and concise feedback on GvG as it is at present. With that in mind I asked people to nominate their top three issues which they feel need attention; if reading through you spot other ideas which maybe you didn't think of but feel you'd like to support you're welcome to post accordingly, or if there is a popular idea that you think is particularly bad, feel free to say so. Its not intended to be a +1 or -1 to every idea however; the list is just as a quick means of reference, as this post is becoming quite long and perhaps difficult for everyone to read through.

And Starzaan dear, you have indeed left out some ideas from your list, including:
~ Falcon93's ideas for GvG were mentioned by more than one of us - ddevil even provided a link.
~ Something like a Guild City, entailing something more interesting than the monotony of fighting over hexes.

I did indeed leave out the Falcon93's thread suggestions, as reading that thread it was unclear precisely which was being referred to; the thread is long and the ideas in it were changed and modified as it went along. I'd rather ideas put forward here were a bit more clear and concise.
Regarding the Guild City, that was the 'Expanded HQ' suggestion :)

DeletedUser103155

I Would like the GvG overview map changed. Currently when you click on the overview it shows all your sectors across the different era's in green but does not show sieged sectors until you click on the specific era.
It would be a great idea if sieged sectors flashed up red on the overview.
Thanks Gaz.

DeletedUser100305

Motivate goods buildings. it woul'd bring more goods.

And I agree Whititera that guild quests woud be hard to finish..But it woud help to select active ones in guild and lazy ones will leave. And quests can be made in loads of ways. Were even no need 100% guild mates activity. At leats this is atractive in ather games i play..

+1 to guild units pool
+1 to seage alert.

DeletedUser1081

To clarify, this thread is aimed at getting some clear and concise feedback on GvG as it is at present. With that in mind I asked people to nominate their top three issues which they feel need attention; if reading through you spot other ideas which maybe you didn't think of but feel you'd like to support you're welcome to post accordingly, or if there is a popular idea that you think is particularly bad, feel free to say so. Its not intended to be a +1 or -1 to every idea however; the list is just as a quick means of reference, as this post is becoming quite long and perhaps difficult for everyone to read through.

Thanks for clarifying.

I've amended my initial response to clarify that I meant raising the minimum siege costs in addition to capping them around 250. Only capping them, or only raising the minimum, wouldn't have the desired effect.

+1 to trades from the guild treasuries.
+1 to limiting how many ages lower than one's current age one can fight in.
+1 to a filter (not a "marker") for unattached/attached troops; +1 for making units stay in one spot instead of shuffling around. (Are these really GvG ideas, though? Only partly ... )
+1 for returning us to the hex we were fighting in when a battle ends. (I guess that's "automatically reopen sector options after battle").
+1 for a brief "cooldown" after a siege (whether it's been deleted or broken) - even a minute or two would be excellent.

-1 to a guild unit pool, since it would be way too open to abuse, and experience shows that gaping holes go unrepaired for way way too long.
-1 to "turning off" GvG benefits for some guildmembers; if they're that useless to your guild you should ask them to leave.

And here's the list, just for convenience.

Great ideas so far, keep them coming, and yes feel free to vote for other suggestions if you like them. Below I have a quick count of all ideas which have 2 or more supporters so far - I have left a couple out such as changing the GvG rights system and changes to logs, as these have already been put forward. If I've left anything out feel free to PM me.

ProposalSupport
Unattached unit filter15
A cap on siege costs13
Improved siege notification12
Restore siege unit cost11
Minimum no of guild members for GvG participation10
Automatically reopen sector options after battle10
Fixed siege costs8
Minimum time after guild creation before it can participate in GvG6
Guild Unit Pool6
GvG mode – ability to deactivate GvG (also disabling any guild bonuses)6
Implement minimum siege cost4
Make all sectors LZ4
Minimum time after joining a guild before a player can participate in GvG4
Reset maps4
Improve final battle of a siege3
Time delay after deleting siege before sieging again3
Bronze Age map3
Limit the ages advanced players can participate in3
Expand HQ with greater guild options3
More LZs2
Guild treasury trading2
Develop aggressive NPCs2
Separate GvG points from PvP2

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I did indeed leave out the Falcon93's thread suggestions, as reading that thread it was unclear precisely which was being referred to; the thread is long and the ideas in it were changed and modified as it went along. I'd rather ideas put forward here were a bit more clear and concise.
Regarding the Guild City, that was the 'Expanded HQ' suggestion :)

LOL.... Falcon93's first post in that thread itself is THE IDEA star, of how GvG can be made interesting ...The subject line itself says HIS GUILD WARS THEORY .... he has conceptualized how his GvG can be played and how it can be made interesting ... the remaining part of the thread was basically discussion based on that idea and other things ....its a totally different concept than what we have now ... Of course the dev's have to take his basic idea and modify it accordingly ... or as mink suggested in the first post of this thread the easier method is to just hire him ...LOL ....thats y i said only if the dev's want to make GvG the main and a long-standing feature, only then u might have to have a look at his idea bcoz I feel thats something that will make GvG a continuous feature unlike the one we have now which becomes stagnant immdly after a month (few days to be more precise ) of its release ...

If its so unclear from the link I gave I will copy the post I m referring to from that thread and paste it here for you to understand falcon's idea, me and mink referring to ....it will also help other members to give out their thoughts about it ...:cool:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
this was falcon's idea of GvG which he shared with all of us on the forum before the current GvG was brought on to us : I m presenting it again as i feel this is a good idea and if something can be done on these lines GvG will become more interesting and a continuous process ...

We're all excited to know how guild wars will work, therefore I though that we could share our theories and thoughts with each other, and maybe come up with something. I know that the team isn't allowed to tell us anything about this yet, but if that changes, small hints are very welcome in this thread so we can make adjustments to our theories ;)

I'll start of with my own theory below. Feel free to discuss it and/or post you own theories and discuss them aswell. Please try to base your theories from hints that you've heard :)

The only hint that I've heard so far is "think Risk". Therefore, my theory is:

---------------------------

Basics
Guilds will fight against each other for dominance on a very large map. This fight will go on forever and never end. The large map consits of multiple continents that represents the continents in the real world, for instance, Europe, North America, South America, Australia, Africa, Asia etc. All continents consists of a larger amount of provinces, and of course; the larger continent, the more provinces. Each province consists of 6 sectors. Each sector can be defended by a maximum of 8 units.

No Military Boosts
The military great buildings will not affect any units in the guild wars, this means that all fights will be done without any boosts at all. This will base the fight purely to player skill, unit choice and terrain.

Real PvP
Guilds can initiate one or multiple attacks against another guilds sectors if the attacking guild controls atleast 1 adjacent province to the target. When the attack has been initiated, the battle will take place 24 hour later. During the battle, 1 player from each guild wil be chosen to lead the battle. The battle will be true PvP, so those 2 players will fight against each other (for the guild). Units that are killed in the battle will be lost, regardles if attacker or defender lost it. This means that the defender will also lose units, and the attacker aswell.

Guilds Unit Pool
All guilds will have a special unit pool. Guild members may "donate" units to their guilds unit pool. When they donate a unit, the unit will be "moved" from their unit pool to the guilds unit pool. The player loses the unit, the same as would have happend if their unit got killed or if they removed it. This means that all guild memers will be able to donate units to the guild, and this will be one of the major cooperative aspects. If a guild runs out of units, they will have no chance to defend their sectors.

Sectors
A guild must protect their sectors against other guilds that wish to conquer them. This is done by placing units from the guild unit pool in each sector they control. There will be no "global" defending army, instead each sector will have it's own units. This is why unit donations are so important. The attacker will not be able to see the defenders units, however, the terrain will not be random but set permanently for each indivual sector.

Provinces
A province can have 2 states, either occupied or neutral. To occupy a province, the guild must control all 6 of the provinces sectors. If not all sectors are controlled by the same guild, the province will be neutral. Each occupied provice gives a smaller bonus to all guild members than can be stacked. So if a guild holds 2 provinces that provides the same bonus, the bonus will be combined.

Continents
A continent can also have 2 states, either occupied or neutral. To occupy a continent, the guild must control all provinces in that continent. If not all provinces are controlled by the same guild, the continent will be neutral. Each occupied continent gives a reward for the guild. More about this a bit further down.

Conquering
To conquer a sector, the attacking guild must successfully win the battle. When they win, that sector becomes controlled by that guild. However, to occupy a province, the attacking guild must successfully attack and conquer all 6 sectors. The same applies to continents, if a guild want to occupy a whole continent, they must fist occupy all provinces in that continent.

Bonuses in Provinces
Each occupied province gives all guild members a smaller stackable bonus. Examples of these bonuses are:
+% to coin collections.
+% to resource collection.
+% to medal rewards.
-% to unit training times.
-% to units healing times.
-% to units training costs.
-% to scoutning costs.
-% to scoutning times.
+% to happiness in each building.
+% to offesive bonus.
+% to defensive bonus.
-% to construction costs.
-% to construction times.
-% to FP production time.

Bonuses in Continents
Each occupied continent provides the guild with a certain amount of units to the guilds unit pool ever 24 hours. The reward itself is called "Reinforcements" and 1 Reinforcement can be exchanged into any unit of the guilds choice from the latest era. The amount of Reinforcements that a continent provides each 24 hour depends on how many provinces that continent holds. So a larger continent provides more Reinforcements than a smaller continent.

Spawn Zones
This global war between guilds will never end, and after some time, some guilds may get wiped off from the whole map. Therefore, there's 2-3 special "entrences" to each continent, we could comepare these to the "entrances" that we currently have on the campaign map when we arrive to a new continent. A guild that has been wiped off from the whole map can be placed into a queue. When they become #1 in that queue, they will get access to an "entrance" for 3 days, and this is their oppertunity to attack and hopefully manage to conquer an adjacent province. If they manage to do that, they will leave the Spawn Zone and the next guild in the queue will gain access to it. If the attacker doesn't manage to conquer a province during the 3 days, the next guild in the queue will gain access.

---------------------------

This is my theory about guild wars. Feel free to discuss it or please share your theory, which we can discuss aswell. Just be open and tell us what you think, but please base your theory from small hints that you've heard (so no wild guesses), and please write what hints you have heard :)

Please discuss and share your theories! :)

1] Hire falcon93 to be a consultant when the staff discusses improving GvG.

+1 for this .... I also think that falcon93 should be asked /consulted regarding GvG improvements .. Though he's banned on this forum I think he's very much active on the beta still dishing out ideas and improvements one after another to no avail every now and then ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser101441

Since GVG started I have felt higher players (I am Post modern so I am counting myself) should be limited to fighting in their era, and an era (maybe two) below. It is crazy when you see contemporary era players with 20 archers barracks and an Alcatraz, and it means smaller/younger guilds can't get a look in in GVG, its just the same few big Guilds. It will mean lower age and up and coming players will be able to participate more in GVG, making it more interesting for all, rather than it being dominated by the biggest players with the biggest bonuses. Lets level the playing field a bit :) (now waits for the howls of outrage!)

I do not think stopping the higher players full stop from doing lower ages is not the way to go. that mean if your guild is doing only one or two ages*(especially smaller guilds!)), your not allowed to progress past it tec tree wise or you wont be able to continue there? However, i did suggest rather than banning alltogether from lower ages, limit their advantages for lower ager maps. As i suggested, perhaps only be able to have a boost max up to the max boosthqs get on each map? So in Iron age they can have a max of 25% boost, hma 45, and indA 75%. that would put them on more equal grounds. And if the auto battle was a bit smarter with mostly rouge armys like in normal maps, going for normal units first if rouge count is more than 50% then thats stop them clearing the map with only 1 unit f the age and rest rouges, autobattling through everyone. So if they wanna do it, they gotta work for it and fight on equal grounds.

DeletedUser2989

The top three things I can think of in relation to the current GvG system that I'd like:
1. Changing the siege cost system so that the cost to siege a hex is based off (somewhat proportional to) the power gained.
2. Reintroduce the need to use troops to place a siege. (Free siege troops made no sense to me)
3. Add a Unattached/Attached unit filter. (although not exclusively useful to GvG it is still very useful for it)

Links to the Ideas:
3. http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...ter-options-for-attached-and-unattached-units (+34 likes including myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.