• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Most Popular Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesoap

Major-General
players are never going to agree on gvg mechanics, what a defending guild wants, needs, would like is going to be very different to what a siegeing guild whats, needs, would like however there are some features that would be useful to every1 without providing advantages or disadvantages to guilds such as
-an event log that works properly
-better army management for attached/unattached troops

DeletedUser100423

To make GvG fairer, it should be you can only fight up to 2 eras below your town hall - this would ensure fair fighting all over and stop big players fighting in low level GvG

DeletedUser9546

Please limit the cost of the goods so that GvG does not stall out. If the cost was limited it would prevent hard feelings when one guild takes another guilds sector, and it would actually create more enjoyment as the sector taking would happen more often between guilds (after the map if all filled with guild sectors) which would create a friendly rivalry as apposed to a not so friendly one...

-1 :pYou want the sectors you pay for them. If you make it cheaper then people will siege for fun....much like now. People will be irritated if you take their sectors no matter what the cost.

DeletedUser

@ chain.reader

I can see the merits of some of your suggestions. Do you have an opinion on Treasury Goods and trading them ??

DeletedUser105561

1) I think that we should add some loot to attackers once siege is successful on GvG map. Loot should be distributed to each participating player according to his involvement (if player destroyed 12 of 100 armies he should get 12% of the loot). This way we will encourage more players to participate in GvG wars.
2) More statistical info should be available on GvG map. Other players should be able to see numbers and type of attacking and defending troops in the report from each fight. There should also be indicator of how much each of surviving units was damaged. This will give observing players idea how good someone was in the attack.
3) I agree with idea mentioned before that some kind of alarm should be visible on main screen about siege in progress on GvG map.

DeletedUser10675

totally agree plus two more
1. when new age GVG map starts open all landing zones to give everybody a fighting chance.
2. bring the watchfires into play in GVG it is only as fair as players with mutiple HoF . watchfires have become partly useless to some people so let these become part of the guilds strength.

DeletedUser9546

Some people don't want GVG, any chance of GVG-Lite? Too much is drained from the enjoyment of the game to support this GVG area. Green

Again I put forth the idea of the ability of a leader to remove the gvg option for a player if they want to.
If you dont want to participate in GVG thats fine...no gvg participation, no rewards.

DeletedUser

@ chain.reader

I can see the merits of some of your suggestions. Do you have an opinion on Treasury Goods and trading them ??

Yeah, I have discussed it in an old thread and was firmly shouted at for even suggesting Treasury goods trading, forgot to mention it here today ;)

Some method to trade treasury goods would be good, perhaps between guilds instead of between individuals , or something like that.. (but what would be the 'cost' of the trade?... something to ponder)

DeletedUser9546

Hello

2. Quest for whole guild. This quest only will be finished if whole guild will work together. And of course guild will get profit in diferent ways. In goods for tresury for egzample. Or if guild have a capital, then guilds GB gets "FP" or warever form it will be lvl up.

sorry for bad english

-1 Sorry Bit but you and I know that quest would never get done

DeletedUser8504

Some ideas from me
1. Reduce the cost of Guild sieges beyond the 10 sector level, possibly with a cap but certainly reduce the cost increases.
2. Make players provide the troops for sieges rather than giving them back to the player who places a siege - this would help to reduce the effect of Ghost Guilds.
3. Provide points for the donation of goods to the Guild Treasury so that players are more willing to donate and make GvG viable.
4. Provide points for the donation of troops to defend sectors and for providing troops in placing sieges.
5. I like the idea of insisting Guilds have been in existence for a reasonable period before they are able to be involved in GvG and insisting that Guilds have a minimum number of players before being allowed to take part in GvG - both would help to eliminate Ghost Guild activities.

DeletedUser103460

1 - i like idea of a gvg option for a player - but do not necessarily think this should go with the benefits. Instead players should be able to nominate a "home guild" at which they can participate in GvG fighting - no home guild indicator equals no gvg fighting at other guilds. This would mean that people could guild hop (for trades, etc) without the 7 day rule preventing them returning to their "home guild".

The home guild indicator can be changed but would come with a cool down period (maybe as long as 2/3 weeks - to kill off ghosting).

2. - treasury donation log for founders/leaders
3. - Battle log improvements - reliability, ability to see both attack on siege and by siege guild on same tab - to allow easier monitoring

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103460

they reduced the attack bonus on the three attack GBs - from a max 150% to 90%; before ability to unlock additional levels was introduced

DeletedUser100832

Time-out after some fixed number (between 5 and 10) of sieges on the same sector to allow defenders to replace armies. If you haven't taken a sector in 10 sieges you don't deserve it.

EDIT: and make the damn thing run quicker. Of all things in FOE, GvG runs the slowest on my laptop. Does it _really_ need so much graphics? Just have a dialogue box pop up asking you for the sector no. to hit and another menu specifying the attacking army. That's it - no need for massive graphics, it can all be done using interfaces from the 80's...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2945

If you are in a battle on GvG - no one else can attack/defeat that army. Sick of starting fights but not being able to complete it as someone else did.

Galladhorn

Monarch
1) Make the GVG cloud animation optional in the settings, like with other animations in the Game.
- On days with slow internet/high pressure time this seams to make the GvG maps stall more than anything else in the game.
2) I'd like a Guild Unit pool. ;)
3) A third color indicator on the GvG overview map hinting Siege activities, (be it general or related to captured Sectors, both if possible).

DeletedUser97166

A couple of people in game have said in the past how they would like the count down clock somewhere on their main screen due to different timezones and arranging seiges etc.

DeletedUser100832

regarding some other points... I am very much against lowering siege costs. Producing goods en masse is an art in teamwork and coordination, and not all guilds have mastered it. Lowering costs would penalise those that have.

I can however see the advantage of restoring unit cost for sieges. I am in two minds about that one.

Better logs though is the hottest priority. Why can't we see (i) the whole GvG history for the last week and (ii) the treasury donation history for each player? Is sounds so simple? Once again, no need for funky graphics here, just stick it all in an excel file and make it possible to download...

Status
Not open for further replies.