• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Unexplained re-activation of setting features

DeletedUser15432

• Arvahall, Brisgard, Cirgard, Dinegu, East Nagach, Fel Dranghyr, Griefentall and Houndsmoor :
  • Google Chrome - latest version:
  • Re-activation of settings:
  • None:
  • All worlds after 13:36 BST today, Thursday 15th Mat 2014 Anno Domini :
  • Non urgent but explanation required:
  • Adjusted settings to pre 13:36 settings:
  • Annoying:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

I logged off for an hour to do something else and when I logged back in I noticed the following: -

Significant loss of performance
Slow loading of cities starting with matt green background, then textured grass back ground and then actual cityscape
I therefore checked the settings and found that the hardware acceleration feature and animations had been activated on all 8 worlds. This is strange as I only activated the hardware acceleration on Arvahall, Dinegu and Fel Dranghyr and I turned the acceleration off on all of these worlds as it made no difference to my PC's performance, I turned it off on Wednesday 7th May. So an explanation as to why the featyres had been activated and or how they were activated would be in order.

DeletedUser99588

Yes I can confirm this for my Brisgard City. Haven't checked others yet.

Amy Steele

General
Thanks for the bug report :)

There was an update this morning that seems to have activated hardware acceleration in every player's city. If you have noticed a drop off in performance today, please check your settings menu, and if hardware acceleration is activated, please turn it off and see if that improves the situation.

DeletedUser5904

It happened everywhere. Not such a big deal on my small cities in other worlds, but my larger ME cities on 4 other worlds with 40-60 plus collection icons flashing made it nearly impossible to even open the options to reload. Hopefully this isn't a common occurrence.

DeletedUser1081

I didn't have any collection icons flashing at all, but even so it took me several refreshes to get the options to open so I could finally turn the freakin HA off. It was supposed to get better, not worse!
And why does this forum now look all funky?! Not good, not good at all

DeletedUser97018

same thing happened to me on Greifental, but oddly enough not on Houndsmoor...

DeletedUser7719

I ended up collecting from my Town Hall too early because HA somehow clicked through a player's avatar while I was trying to visit my city.

DeletedUser97045

The Hardware Accelleration Feature seems to activate immediately in all worlds. Since it's release its existance in our cities was in our hands and I can support this by saying that it has happened to me and I needed to go through all my English cities entering configuration and turning HA off, on and on.
I hope when InnoGames releases this feature to the rest of the world (as EN goes right after Beta) they wil put it off.
Although I can recall seing it on other non-English worlds before I can't understand why it suddenly turned on on literally everyone's cities.
Greetings to all, Yang10.

DeletedUser4879

Maybe a good idea for Inno to disable HA altogether!
It was working reasonable well to start with, but somebody
"playing" around with it!! Stop Bugdating! (short for Updating not working):(

DeletedUser

Maybe a good idea for Inno to disable HA altogether!
It was working reasonable well to start with, but somebody
"playing" around with it!! Stop Bugdating! (short for Updating not working):(

I think the idea behind having the Hardware Accleration feature on the En servers is so that it can be used by people with newer computers but it can also be improved so that it will eventually be a setting that more people can use. It is a beta feature and can be disabled where it is not useful.

DeletedUser97018

after long search i've decided to put this under this thread, but i guess it can go on many...

today i had a problem with very slow pc all of a sudden, so i thought i got myself some virus maybe (didn't!)
but also, all those buildings started to open when i clicked something on pop up window over them, or even when i tried to move around the city
then remembered one of my guild members having the same problem and said he needed to turn hardware accelerator off
so i went to check my settings, and to my surprise my HA was on! again! after turning it off for who knows which time...
my question is, will i have to check those settings daily or weekly?
or can i maybe one day be sure it will stay the way i've put them...

DeletedUser100341

Until I read this thread I thought I've been keeping HA off, even after the last update accidentally turned it on. But today on Houndsmoor I checked it and low and behold it's been turned on again. Although performance hasn't been as bad as previous time it did seem a little slower.

FenTigress

Private
Ah ha! Thank you. This was my problem too. Turning the thing off seems to have done the trick. Wasn't the HA supposed to be an improvement?? LOL An improved bug it seems!?! :D

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
I ranted about the incompetence of the Inno programmers the last time this feature was accidentally turned on for everyone so I will not do so again.

However since everyone seems to detect when this happens because their game slows down can I just suggest that they rename it 'Hardware Deceleration".

Amy Steele

General
We are currently trying to determine under what conditions HA is turning itself back on. It would therefore be immensely helpful if those for whom HA has turned itself back on after an update could post here the details of which world(s) were affected and which OS and browser you use.

Thanks in advance, Amy :)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I was having some new performance issues, so I checked this again, and lo and behold, Hardware Deceleration was on in all my worlds except my main.

YOUR BETA TEST IS COMPLETE. THE BLOODY THING DOES NOT WORK. NOW STOP TURNING IT ON, OR BETTER YET, REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME COMPLETELY.

This feature is not only a miserable failure, the way it keeps causing trouble to players all but guarantees that no one will ever turn it on voluntarily.

DeletedUser98465

I was having some new performance issues, so I checked this again, and lo and behold, Hardware Deceleration was on in all my worlds except my main.

YOUR BETA TEST IS COMPLETE. THE BLOODY THING DOES NOT WORK. NOW STOP TURNING IT ON, OR BETTER YET, REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME COMPLETELY.

This feature is not only a miserable failure, the way it keeps causing trouble to players all but guarantees that no one will ever turn it on voluntarily.

The irony of it is, you are not allowed to talk about beta on the live servers, yet you have beta features on the live servers....Hypocritical or what.

Happens to me in Houndsmoor and Griefental in Chrome, IE Firefox, on 3 different PC's, Windows 7, 8, OSX10, In a VM. It's irrelevant as the issue is with the code, or how its applied

Last edited by a moderator:

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
We are currently trying to determine under what conditions HA is turning itself back on. It would therefore be immensely helpful if those for whom HA has turned itself back on after an update could post here the details of which world(s) were affected and which OS and browser you use.

Every time for me it has been all worlds; Arvahall, Cirgard, Dinegu, East Nagech, Greifental & Houndsmoor
Waterfox 28.0 on Win 7 with all updates.

DeletedUser

Is it possible that hotfixes are occuring (small updates that aren't announced) and when these happen, it's setting it back to a default action of on?

DeletedUser1081

Brisgard; Windows 7; Firefox 30