• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Zone of control for combat

DeletedUser100341

Before the invent of PCs and I know I'm dating myself by this, there were turn based war games played on a board (map) with small tiles representing units. The unit had an attack, defense and movement ability. You could stack units, to a limit, to improve that spots strength. But more importantly each unit had a zone of control around it. You could not move into a space directly next to a unit without engaging in combat. You would have to expend additional movement points to go around as well as terrain effects. This also provided a blocking technique. Another aspect of this was that if you could surround a unit so that the only escape was through a zone of control of your units, it would greatly increase your attack rating. In fact a conflict outcome could be retreat, and if you had to retreat through the zone of control of the attacking units the defending unit was lost.

The zone of control would significantly enhance the combat strategy of the game.

I know at this point this can't be implemented in FofE but should be considered for future games.

DeletedUser13805

best game i ever played was a game called lords of midnight on the old spectrum computer that was a brilliant game but talk about slow lol the next has to be a little title from the sega mega drive called shinning force excellent turn based combat and it was a huge adventure type were you recruited up to 12 men to form your army each with there own special ability's i could only wish the makers would release more and more of them as i would be in heaven but sadly there were only 2