• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Your Majesty, Something has come up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So you are in the middle of planning your next fight, collecting your plunder, counting your whatevers and the pop up comes up: Your Majesty, Something has come up. so you have to drop what you are doing, forget whatever was on your mind at the time, and go to the screen that tells you someone has motivated your confectionery.

Who Gives A Rats . . well lets just see this is entirely disconcerting and doesn't it bother anyone else out there and is there a way to turn off the pop ups?

DeletedUser

Yep~! It is getting annoying and it breaks my train of thought sometimes. I think that we should only be notified of important events or attacks. We can always go to "News" at our town hall if we want to see who polished or motivated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5026

Hey GrossEyeEh,

Aye, I agree, the Event Popups can be quite irritating at times. In fact, it has even happened during combat: (click me). Personally, I'd like to be informed only if one of my trades got accepted, or if I got attacked. Perhaps you might want to start an Idea thread? Might lead to the developers giving us options. :)

Cheers,
L.R.

DeletedUser

i think this message can be removed from the game entirely.. you will see the event history next time you log in, or if you are playing for hours you can just check it yourself. its not like any of these events are that important to gameplay that they need a popup

DeletedUser

Agreed - should be an indicator on the screen somewhere like the highlighted mail icon for messages. Nothing in the event log is so important it demands immediate attention.

DeletedUser6539

Guys, next time when you got this Event Popup click on the big blue "x" in top right and you can continue what you doing. Problem is solved, thanks for your attention.

DeletedUser

Thank you TRMASTER for keeping it simple. It will still annoy me but now I know I can hit a big blue X button and it will go away then I will not be quite so irritated.

EDIT: I tried it. It works for me. I'm much happier now. Although I wondered what was so important to cause the pop up and after I finished what I was doing I went to look. Just another motivation. Good to see active Guild members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, I quite agree... I just hit that big X at the top right that TRMASTER suggested as well :)

DeletedUser6525

Am I the only one wondering why Ragu Silvertongue is still the one notifying you about any new events, even though...
...he betrayed you and fled your town near the end of the colonial age quest line?

DeletedUser3157

Am I the only one wondering why Ragu Silvertongue is still the one notifying you about any new events, even though...
...he betrayed you and fled your town near the end of the colonial age quest line?

Hmm are those quest texts and stories actually any good? I've never bothered to read them really, so this comes as news to me, but should I?

DeletedUser

It does explain the motivation behind a lot of quest objectives..

- L

DeletedUser

event pop up is anti bot protector so i think will not be able to switch off. is better click x sometimes then play with cheaters.

DeletedUser6525

Hmm are those quest texts and stories actually any good? I've never bothered to read them really, so this comes as news to me, but should I?

Well, most of them are pretty boring and not really worth reading. But every once in a while they're actually really funny and/or interesting. And, like Lordroth said, they do explain the reason for most quest objectives.

DeletedUser

In other games , much cruder than this , you had a " settings " page where you could tick boxes to say
" notify me if event X -- Y -- Z occurs " , a sort of filter , could do with that in here .
I always delete the pop-up , because it is always for something trivial .
You are right about it breaking your concentration , mainly because Ragu has a succesion of silly hats and an annoying smirk .

DeletedUser

If there is a motion to remove the event list from popping up, you have my vote!

DeletedUser

I also find this highly annoying. I really dont need to know everytime i harvest that something has been polished or motivated.

Think a better idea be to have a icon like messages in the bottom left to highlight up if something has changed. Pigeons flying around the keep, or a flag pop up on the keep be cool for notifiction too.

Id settle for a option to turn it off thou.

DeletedUser

I agree that it is pointless to have the pop-up for polishing and motivating. At most I would like to know when my trades get accpeted / I have a new friend request or members join / leave the guild. Perhaps separate tabs for support, trades and guild events with options to follow them or not..

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

He isn't called Silvertongue for nothing
;)

DeletedUser

Honestly... even just clicking X is annoying. I want to pick up my supplies all at once, not be interrupted halfway.
I think the on/off option is the best way to do it. Or an option to limit the amount of times he gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.