• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wrong Hexes Opening on GvG Map

DeletedUser1081

• World: Brisgard - Colonial GvG
  • Browser and Version: Firefox 28
  • Overview of the bug: Under certain circumstances the wrong hex opens when you click "view sector", which can lead to dire results.
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Since 1.22 was unleashed, if you click on a non-NPC hex, then accidentally let your cursor brush against another hex, then click "view sector", the hex that opens is the one you touched accidentally, rather than the one you clicked on and intended to view/besiege/attack.
  • Urgency: Somewhere beyond extremely urgent, since it causes major losses and totally messes up GvG strategy - and it was reported and confirmed on beta before 1.22 was unleashed on the regular servers: http://forum.beta.forgeofempires.co...ong-quot-sector)-on-GvG-map&p=13904#post13904
  • Preventative Actions: The real preventative action would have been for the developers to fix this confirmed bug before releasing 1.22 on the regular servers. But since they couldn't be bothered: Don't ever let your cursor accidentally brush against any other hex, and always triplecheck that the bug hasn't deflected you to an unintended hex before you set any sieges, attack anything, etc.
  • Summary: The developers released 1.22 on the regular servers knowing it contained this confirmed bug that can cost a guild thousands of resources in a single occurrence, and lay their whole strategy to waste. Disgraceful.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

Confirmed - all worlds

you click on one hexagon and if you are not paying attention, the highlighted hex will drift and you end ip opening an adjacent sector

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96867

I've also had this problem, and believe it has lead to players unlocking slots in the wrong sector by mistake.

DeletedUser1081

I've also had this problem, and believe it has lead to players unlocking slots in the wrong sector by mistake.

Consider yourselves lucky if that's the worst expense it's caused you. Try besieging the wrong hex due to this bug - and I mean one of those exorbitant sieges that your guild was saving up for for a couple of weeks. It's not acceptable that they knew about this bug and didn't bother to fix it.

DeletedUser4879

Can confirm this one as it will happen on ME map as well!
However, me being careful, haven't had any mishap yet!

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I think the whole interface is poorly designed. Hovering over a hex brings up a pop-up info box, but you still then need to click on the hex to bring up the menu which can often be obscured by the the pop-up. One then needs to move the mouse away in order to cause the pop-up to disappear and thus see the menu, but in all likelihood you have now initiated the conditions for the bug.

Last edited: