• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

wonky neighbourhood social-bar timers

DeletedUser1081

it's brilliant that the bug-exterminators have now got the residential and production timers working right (instead of getting "stuck" whenever we looked at a different tab) - thanks for that excellent fix.

for the last few days, though, the neighbourhood social-bar timers have been getting stuck in a similar way - i have to refresh in order to see how much time remains before i can attack/support a neighbour. and even then the times sometimes shift around in odd ways: for example three neighbours that i visited at the same time yesterday are listed as "3 hours" no matter how long i wait; then i refresh and they're all shown as "available"; then i visit one, come back and the other two are listed as "22 minutes" and "47 minutes".

is that happening to anyone else?

Brisgard. Firefox 13. yes i clear my cache regularly. thank you.

DeletedUser

Good to point out that the production/housing timers work properly now, even when you browse elsewhere - that's truly a huge improvement.

And yes, the timers on the neighbourhood/guild bar and in the towers are off, or showing available when they're not, or vice versa.
Brisgard & Cirgard, Firefox 13.
This has been so for a long time though, in my experience, and I don't think it started with the last two updates.

DeletedUser1081

thanks for confirming that, Pendragon. maybe i've only started noticing it since the merge - i had direly few active neighbours before, and only visited them occasionally.

DeletedUser

I'm now having problems with the production/house/build timers. When I have two tabs open they often complete early. I can collect them and the rising collection icon shows up but then they reset to the correct time and I still have to wait for them to complete. I had one where I was making a barracks, it seemed complete so I built the trooper only to have flash crash. When I refreshed it was still building and had 30 min to go.
I'm not sure though if this is a bug or an issue with my processor speed and lack of memory. Is anyone else having this issue?
The other thing is when I go to a tab I can watch the timer speeding through it's countdown until it slows to a normal speed. Sometimes this is correct, sometimes the above happens.

DeletedUser1081

The other thing is when I go to a tab I can watch the timer speeding through it's countdown until it slows to a normal speed. Sometimes this is correct, sometimes the above happens.

:eek: really?! weird!

DeletedUser100341

I think this is related to this thread. Some times the timer under a guildmate counts down. Sometimes it doesn't. I have to switch from guild to neighbor and back again for it to display the correct remaining time. On rare instances I have to exit the game and return. I'm sure of this because I intent to perform an action and see I can't do it for 20 min. I go off do something else for a few minutes, come back and it still says 20 min. I switch between guild and neighbor and it will display a much lower number.