• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Wishing wells diamond drop rate

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
Is it just my bad luck, or wishing wells are not what they used to be? Over the last few days, i only got 150 diamonds, compared to the average 500 i was winning for the same time over the past few months which were about 1% drop chance. now it seems the drop chance is down to 0.3%. Anyone else with similar experience?

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
I have 48 WW across all worlds. Based on a 1% drop rate theoretically I should expect to get 50 diamonds every 2 days and 1 hr (roughly I think). If I had 50 WW then I should expect 50 ds exactly every 2 days

Since Jan 1st this year I have received 24 x 50 ds. So in theory @ 1% drop rate 79 days divided by 2.04 = 38.72 x 50 ds.What needs to be factored in is that collections must be bang on time in all worlds from all WW. I know for sure I missed many collections by hours or even half a day and so I reckon the 1% seems about right to me.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
i have 77 wishing wells, and the 1% worked fine for months. but this last month, i had a period where the drop rate fall down a lot, but it was temporary and not so huge like this time. but the last week i usually get 0 after collecting all 77 daily, just once i got 50, and once i got 100. all this in 8+ days

Last edited:

DeletedUser11899

I remember one of them gave me diamonds last month...but also have to say that I have just a pair of them on each world I play :o
The repeatable quests are even worse in this sense though, I'm completing a lot of them daily for almost 4 months but diamonds rarely appears, maybe two or three times all this time. I hope thats just a matter of bad luck. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser96901

The repeatable quests are even worse in this sense though, I'm completing a lot of them daily for almost 4 months but diamonds rarely appears, maybe two or three times all this time. I hope thats only a matter of bad luck. :rolleyes:
there is no luck involved

every quest in every age only give diamonds once
and after that you will get medals instead

as you already got them you have to wait for the next era to get diamonds in those quests again

maybe you haven't done the "produce 5 times in building xy": then you can make that quest until you get the diamonds

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

since the new icons 2-3 times diamonds with 15 wells. Last days got nothing.

DeletedUser5514

getting no diamonds from wishing wells for a very long time

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
and again, 77 collections today, 0 diamonds. this has never happened. the average dro rate was always around 1%, i was even getting more diamonds in the past when i had 32 wishing wells compared to now when i have 77. if the wishing wells are nerfed and the diamond drop rate is lower than we are told, then is it worth doing more events to get more wishing wells? easter event starts soon, but make me unsure if i want to spend them time and effort to get 11 more withing wells if they dont give diamonds.

DeletedUser12400

03/2015

They are not what they used to be :(

0/38 - 21/03/2015
0/38 - 22/03/2015
0/38 - 23/03/2015
0/38 - 24/03/2015
0/38 - 25/03/2015
0/38 - 26/03/2015
0/38 - 27/03/2015
0/38 - 28/03/2015
0/38 - 29/03/2015
1/41 - 30/03/2015
0/41 - 31/03/2015

DeletedUser914

Lets combine success ratio from today and see what % we have next week. I started with 0/15.

DeletedUser15432

Well I have 0/17 today Sunday 22nd
Monday 23 1/17
Tuesday 24th 0/17
Wednesday 25 0/17
Thursday 26th 0/17
Friday 27th - 0/17
Saturday 28th - 0/17
Sunday 29th - 0/17
Monday 30th March - 1/17
Tuesday 31st March 2015 - 1/17
Wednesday 1st April - 0/21 - 4 extra wells
Thursday 2nd April - 0/25 - 4 more wells added
Friday 3rd April - 2/25 - both from new build wells
Saturday 4th April - 1/27 (2 more wells with a possible 3 more before end of event)
Sunday 5th April - 0/31 (still another possible well before end of event)
Monday 6th April - 1/32
Tuesday 7th April - 0/32
Wednesday 8th April - 0/32 - drop rate 7/388 or 1.8%
Thursday 9th April 1/33 (last collection got 500 eggs from a silver chest so another well) drop rate is now 8/421 or 1.9%
Friday 10th April - 0/33 - drop rate 8/454 or 1.76%
Saturday 11th April - 1/33 - drop rate 9/487 or 1.85%

DeletedUser2989

and again, 77 collections today, 0 diamonds. this has never happened. the average dro rate was always around 1%, i was even getting more diamonds in the past when i had 32 wishing wells compared to now when i have 77. if the wishing wells are nerfed and the diamond drop rate is lower than we are told, then is it worth doing more events to get more wishing wells? easter event starts soon, but make me unsure if i want to spend them time and effort to get 11 more withing wells if they dont give diamonds.

They do still give diamonds (I noticed some from one of mine a few days ago) and I haven't heard anything about them changing the drop rate. Though I don't hear as much as the community managers. :)

Like all elements of chance some of use are going to see a much lower drop rate, others a much higher one. But over long periods of time most of us should see roughly 1% drop rates. I remember a similar discussion popped up when the soccer event was on, for some people the 5% chance shot never worked and for others it felt like the odds were much better than 5%. Observing collections of the time span of a few weeks is probably the most reliable way to test if you are or are not seeing a 1% drop, even then not all people are going to see the same percentages.

DeletedUser914

They do still give diamonds (I noticed some from one of mine a few days ago) and I haven't heard anything about them changing the drop rate. Though I don't hear as much as the community managers. :)

Like all elements of chance some of use are going to see a much lower drop rate, others a much higher one. But over long periods of time most of us should see roughly 1% drop rates. I remember a similar discussion popped up when the soccer event was on, for some people the 5% chance shot never worked and for others it felt like the odds were much better than 5%. Observing collections of the time span of a few weeks is probably the most reliable way to test if you are or are not seeing a 1% drop, even then not all people are going to see the same percentages.

This is why the count has started yesterday. I hope that as many players have joined, because alot of wells are needed to draw a good founded statistically conclusion. Please all, count your diamond captures for next weeks.

DeletedUser

You get diamonds? I get some misirble 2 forge points, 5-10 goods or other small rewards. What is the age of your city? At least now you know your wishing well gives you more rewards than other players' ones.

DeletedUser914

in the lst few days:
0/77
0/77
0/77
2/77
0/77
0/77
1/77
0/77
0/77
1/77 ( today)

numbers are maybe correct, but in statistics you always start with a clean sheet, starting last Sunday. Otherwise it is oh, a period bad luck, lets count back for a week.

by the way I have now
0/15
0/15

DeletedUser

there is no luck involved

every quest in every age only give diamonds once
and after that you will get medals instead

as you already got them you have to wait for the next era to get diamonds in those quests again

maybe you haven't done the "produce 5 times in building xy": then you can make that quest until you get the diamonds

Is this true? Can someone confirm this? I only do the passive repeatable quests (collect X supplies, collect X gold, spend X fps) and never bother with the "produce x 5 times" quests or such.

DeletedUser

I sincerely doubt they would change the rate randomly, out of the blue, without even a disclosure.

More likely you're just experiencing bad luck.

DeletedUser99588

I sincerely doubt they would change the rate randomly, out of the blue, without even a disclosure.

More likely you're just experiencing bad luck.

I personally believe they tweak things without any notice and I don't just mean wishing wells. Sometimes it may increase drop rates and others reduce them. In general I don't see a problem with this as it is obviously one of the control mechanisms they have to keep a balance to the game. I actually think they increased BP drop rate for the Aid to alleviate complaints and then have reduced it to a more normal rate.

Impossible to know without reliable statistics but maybe they have found the amount of diamonds being generated by wishing wells have hit diamond sales so have reduced the drop rate. As they have never given figures for it I guess they have free reign to change it.