• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter!

DeletedUser108514

Hi Team,

Winter! Here in Australia we are suffering a severe heat wave and your most recent quest is Winter.
It would be great if you could offer something for both hemispheres.
Sitting around at the beach on a 40C Christmas Day and drawing straws to see who is going to get heat stroke playing Santa, may never have crossed your mind.
Please think below the Equator where the seasons are upside down.

Kind Regards,
Hardleigh Dunbye

Andrew420

Major
They use the word winter for this event
If they called it something else like Christmas the non-Christians would complain
So I guess they chose what they thought would offend less people

DeletedUser96901

you know that only 10% live in the southern hemisphere :confused:

muslim are much more on the world (maybe 20%)

so they should be considered first
so let give them an event their event

or a chinese event
1,3 billion people on earth are chinese
that are also more than people on the southern hemisphere

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser914

They use the word winter for this event
If they called it something else like Christmas the non-Christians would complain
So I guess they chose what they thought would offend less people

27 out of 40 event days take place in autumn. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2989

I live in Australia and don't mind the fact that all the events are based on the northern hemisphere. Sometimes it's helpful imagining a colder (or warmer) place when your home is so hot (or cold during the summer event). :)

I'm sure it's a valid opinion for Hardleigh Dunbye to have but I have a feeling InnoGames will be trying to appeal to the majority of players and Australians are never the majority. :)

DeletedUser108379

27 out of 40 event days take place in autumn. :rolleyes:

Only 5 of the 40 are before the winter, because with the 1st of December the Winter starts (the Meteorological winter)
:D

Last edited by a moderator: