• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2023 Feedback Thread

RichinZhills

Corporal
A little disagreement on the balance part. At least with the 3 matches you had a 2/3 chance of breaking even or getting ahead on the League challenge. In 14 competitive worlds that I play daily and evenly, only 2-3 might make it to the Golden Upgrade for the Chocolatery. At 50/50 with 1 match or two, I'm seeing and average of just over 400 matches so far, quite a few at the 380 mark and as above maybe 2-3 that will get to 460.
Not saying that it should be a giveaway, but also saw a huge disparity on quality city items vs. goods on the swaps. Out of the 14, only received the Epic selection on 3 worlds in a swap and I did that daily. Saved up enough stars though so when the Epic kit did show up in the daily, I had at least 1.8K in each world so claimed at least 11 in each world for the full Chocolatery, but nothing else. It would be nice if the 2x did work on the reveal 2 to reveal 4.
Since I play multiple worlds, really like just having to 1-click to spend the stars. Lost 7 worlds during the Halloween event due to time constraints. No easy way to click through that, at most you gained 3-4 wins before you lost the dungeon.

I'll place this here as I'm also on the Beta world doing the Wilderness event. I respectfully state that having the Rival event during the actual Event only favors advanced players. I spent the allotted diamonds on the event currency package and early on made it to Expert, but after the first Rival, dropped to professional. Since the last two Rivals, the spread has increased to over 500 points. As a new city, I don't have quite a few of the Rival Quest request like spending 100fps, or spending 50k in coins, trading or donating hundreds of goods. The quests don't seem to be load balanced for each age. So again, those with the diamonds that can keep purchasing the upgrades create a gap that the average player can't meet.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I've found this one pretty boring. It might be because there's been a lot more interesting or challenging events recently, although ideally they could have come with longer ingame tutorials or a little more forgiveness on currency till you figured the new ones out. It does tend to be the annoying one if you're aiming for dailies and hit shuffle when down to the last options.

I spent more time trying for the calendar on this one, doing daily challenges and only aiming for keys when they were available and hit quite a few within 3/4 attempts so it's been luckier than I got last year. I won't be far off completing without spending and close enough to finish it anyway.

Only good thing with it being a slower paced event is its fitted in better with spending time away from the game for the holidays which is totally a good thing.

bootnreboot

Private
so i opened the Calendar Collection Reward Chest and i have Forge Plus to use for a few days.... how do you turn off the Collecting Incidents??
the recurring quest for Incidents has the requirement to collect 8 Incidence to complete the quest.
the incidences will drop in 1 at a time through out the day,
i need to collect when i have 8 or more incidence to complete the quest but with Forge Plus its collecting the incidents every time 1 shows up when im using the Collection button to collect production etc etc.
i dont want to collect the incidences until i have the RQ active and im going for 8, not just 1 at a time. seems like the only way is to always have the RQ for the 8 incidence sitting in the 3 quests???? need the option to turn off incidence collecting please!!

i was considering purchasing the Forge Plus so i can have more than 100 FP in the bar when collecting my city but if its going to sabotage recurring quests i will not be buying at all in the future so thank you FOE for letting us sample Forge Plus from the event, ...its a no sale!

Last edited:

k0k0-gada

Private
animations are annoying.
when the game was younger and i was newer. And i got a single blueprint i was excited and wanted to know for which building. now the game is older and more bloated and rewarding multiple blueprints at a time. It takes some time to close the popups. And i am also older and i don't care about ANY blueprints I get. If i want to see what i have i just go to the items menu....
watching the matches light up is annoying . yes you can click and stop it but speding 2 k matches at one time is equal to hundrds of extra clicks to skip the lighting. not to mention when doing it in more then 1 city. those mouses aren't cheap you know.
opening the elves shop and having to close it every time after every reset is also very much annoying. open it once per day if you must. but anything more is useless.

getting the calendar for free is hard. getting it for some diomonds is not that hard. It maybe should stay that way but getting diomonds should be easier. I know you have been going away from wishing well diomand farms. and you recently reduced the diamonds from the expedition level 4.

I personally really dislike this event since it is very much luck based. maybe next year allow people to spend some stars. and have the presents shown to them like when the reveal option is hit

If you try to go for the calendar. there were indeed too many consequent days without keys in it. so my take is that 50/50 is bad balance. 80/20 i would like better but more realistic is 66/33. I managed to get it done with only 1400 diamonds to spend but i guess i got lucky.

Last edited: