• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Wildlife Event 2022 Feedback Thread

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I think last year they claimed that at least ONE paw should show up on each board. Don't know if that is true. But I haven't seen a board with zero paws yet this year. I think on average I get maybe 4-5 paws per board.
That is because they put in a quick fix last year, about 5-6 days before the end, so that there was at least one paw appearing to start the game board. And that fix apparently got deleted for this year.

I think last year they claimed that at least ONE paw should show up on each board. Don't know if that is true. But I haven't seen a board with zero paws yet this year. I think on average I get maybe 4-5 paws per board.
ya ... 4-5 would be a best case scenario. If you need 140 paws over the course of the event to max the building (including the upgrade from the prior event surprise box), and you only get 3 tickets a day ... the math here suggests that a 'minimum' of one paw per game board is pretty crappy game design. Inno - take note: the minimum should be that there is AT LEAST one paw ON the game board at any given time. If you score one paw, a new paw should appear on the board the following turn to give you something to work for. Again, this simple stuff just shows that no one gave this event 'math' any thought ... very disappointing.

Erzebuth

Private
Just created a forum account, I started the game during the Archeology event and even if I didn't know much what I was doing back then, I could easily tell that it's better than this event. How are we supposed to reach the mileage??
But other than the sucky rewards... It was fun to play... Yep fun -untill you see how limited you're on the moves-

Last edited by a moderator:
the minimum should be that there is AT LEAST one paw ON the game board at any given time
Yeah, pretty annoying to not have any paws on the board. Happens quite often.
In this case after 3 moves that I used to pick up the one paw that appeared near the bottom of the board from the start.
ONE more paw appeared on this board when I had 4 moves left.
Not fair.

nopaws.JPG

Last edited:

GADfan

Warrant Officer
While I generally agree that this Event could be more balanced in some ways, I do think that a lot of players have now come to expect a fully upgraded building from every Event as a matter of course.
Where's the challenge in that?

IMO, free-to-play players should not EXPECT a fully upgraded building, but it SHOULD be an achievable challenge for all.

I have no problem with ending up with a building one or two levels below full IF, AND ONLY IF, the missing upgrades are fairly achievable in the following year's Event (or even on the AD shelves).
In fact, sometimes I wish the same Event building was offered for two years running so it can be completed that way.

King Arinar

Private
While I generally agree that this Event could be more balanced in some ways, I do think that a lot of players have now come to expect a fully upgraded building from every Event as a matter of course.
Where's the challenge in that?

IMO, free-to-play players should not EXPECT a fully upgraded building, but it SHOULD be an achievable challenge for all.

I have no problem with ending up with a building one or two levels below full IF, AND ONLY IF, the missing upgrades are fairly achievable in the following year's Event (or even on the AD shelves).
In fact, sometimes I wish the same Event building was offered for two years running so it can be completed that way.
I plan the events so that I gain all the upgrades. I'm not making out it is easy. But this event there is lack of coins to buy boosts. And I have played levels and had zero paws. Waste of an entry ticket. I would purchase coins for boosts with diamonds but I am currently low and I only buy when they are on offer. Anyways. Just a bit poorly thought out. This is a long game as it is. No need to drag things out over 2 years!!

How am I supposed to win anything in this event when there's so little currency to buy boosters and so many hard games so I always need multiple boosters? I've managed to buy 1 small set of them and I've been nowhere near getting anymore since. Plus some of the daily prizes have been shocking.
This is the first ever event I played in this game when I started playing last year and I know 100% it was nowhere near this bad. I can remember enjoying it and playing it a lot longer because I had enough to buy boosters and actually be able to win the games although not always. This year is the complete opposite and is unplayable most of the time.
Also asking players to spend diamonds to get the rubbish set of second prizes is disgusting. I've spent real money on your game but I won't be spending anymore if it carries on like this, that's if I bother to keep playing.
You should give the main building upgrades free to anyone that has managed to get half of them.

Myrddhyn

Private
Hey :-)
Started a new world by accident last week, and decided to develop it just for the fun of it. Especially because of the event.
BUT... I'm still in Bronze Era and don't have GE-PvP Tower-GbG and on the personal map I'm on the EMA map (Pfefferberg to be exact).
Quest #38 needs either "Solve the first difficulty on GE" or "Win 4 battles without loosing". And eventhough I already have some attack percentage (att 59% - def 19% on the att army), I can't win anymore fights on the map. And since I can't fight GE-GbG-PvP there is no way I can complete this quest.
And that's quite a bummer...
Maybe take this into account with selecting event quests. Cause I think you want ALL players whether they're in SAJM or Bronze to be able to complete the event.
Gr Myrddhyn

Knight of ICE

Hey :-)
Started a new world by accident last week, and decided to develop it just for the fun of it. Especially because of the event.
BUT... I'm still in Bronze Era and don't have GE-PvP Tower-GbG and on the personal map I'm on the EMA map (Pfefferberg to be exact).
Quest #38 needs either "Solve the first difficulty on GE" or "Win 4 battles without loosing". And eventhough I already have some attack percentage (att 59% - def 19% on the att army), I can't win anymore fights on the map. And since I can't fight GE-GbG-PvP there is no way I can complete this quest.
And that's quite a bummer...
Maybe take this into account with selecting event quests. Cause I think you want ALL players whether they're in SAJM or Bronze to be able to complete the event.
Gr Myrddhyn

This is something that has been brought in as feedback many times on many events. Downside of your suggestion is that it will make it much to easy for established players. There are two sides to it and starting players will have no problem with the next event, so I think that is why this has not been changed yet. That's just my opinion. I have no inside information on this.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I have 3 worlds, PostModern, Modern and a Bronze Age playabout one.

In the first two I found it challenging time-wise but managed to get all upgrades for the main building.
In the Bronze Age one I was stuck on the "complete GE1 or win 4 battles without losing" quest so I didn't get the full building.
Not a problem, I don't expect to get a full building every time.

No diamonds spent.

I found that taking my time on the drop-down game and using boosters only when you need one seemed to work a lot better than trying to save coins for the booster packs. This was how I did it last year too.
I tried to line up chests/paws on top of each other so that a single final move would drop the lot.
I also sometimes left a 'stuck' board unfinished if there were a lot of chests/paws close to dropping and came back to it later when I had gotten more coins to buy a booster to 'unstick' the board.

I think it definitely helped having the surprise box from the previous Event and being able to complete the questline for the last upgrade.
Perhaps some luck with coin/ticket-giving incidents is also needed.
The shorter timespan of an Event needs to be factored in.

I don't have a problem with the prizes: if I don't like the main building or an unswitchable daily prize, it goes to the AD or I wait until it changes.
The fun/challenge is seeing if I can complete the Event.
It's a game.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
I've taken a few days to think about the event. Here's my final feedback:
1) I HATED how much off an impact randomness had. Sometimes you start with multiple paws on the board, other times with just one. Some times it takes only a couple of moves to get a paw to drop, other times it takes 4-5 (or even more). But the worst part is that once the initial paw is gone there's no way to force the game to give you another paw.

If you are lucky you might get more paws within the first few moves; if you are not you might go for 20+ moves and not get another one. No matter how many extra moves you buy, no matter how many of the tools you use, if the game decides “no more paws for you!” - that's it, there's NOTHING you can do about it but start a new board and hope for better luck there. It's EXTREMELY frustrating to waste 20+ moves and not see another paw.

You can use the tools to force a chest to appear – or even several chests – but there's no way to do that with paws. That's why I hated the randomness so much.

2) Speaking of the tools, there were too few coins in this year's event, making it impossible to buy the larger of the two booster sets without spending diamonds. Not unless you got extremely lucky with the incidents around the city (I sure didn't). This, in turn, limited the usefulness of tools because you had to be very conservative with them, especially if you also wanted to buy some extra moves.

Overall I did not enjoy this event because of how impactful luck was. There should ALWAYS be at least one paw on the board, something to work towards, instead of just wasting turns hoping to get lucky.

Last edited by a moderator: