• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why can't I train troops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi, I'm new here, joined a few days ago and I don't play MMOs that much. So I'm pretty inexperienced.

So I've been trying for the past two days but for some reason I can't train spearmen. As I'm sure you all know, there are four slots for training one spear man in the barracks menu (and another which you can only unlock with diamonds). When I click on the barracks and the menu shows up, the option to train simply isn't there in any slot. Each time after I trained a spearman then for sometime the train button would disappear but, as far as I know, that was probably because you can only train a limited amount of troops at a time. But now whenever I click on the barracks and menu comes up the Train button is never there.

I tried building another barracks and managed to train one spear but then something else happened. After I got the spearman whenever I click on the new barracks the menu doesn't come up at all.

One menu that doesn't show up and one with no training option. So I can't train any troops. I wasn't sure if this was a bug so I posted it here.

I tried to upload an image but it wouldn't load.

DeletedUser1081

hello Octavarium ... sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but we have to rule out a bunch of possibilities:

1] have you got four living spearmen from that first barracks? check both the "attacking" and "defending" sections of your "manage army" tool. you can only have four spears per barrack - you can't train any more until those die (or you delete them).

2a] is that second barracks definitely connected (by paths/trails/roads) to your Town Hall?
and
2b] are you for sure hitting the "sweet spot" that opens the menu? for some reason it can sometimes be really hard to hit that spot; today i've had a lot of trouble opening my crossbow barracks.

3] have you already tried refreshing, clearing your cache, logging out and back in, etc?

if none of that helps, please submit an in-game support request and explain the problem to them (including what browser & system you're using, and whether you've done Step 3 above - that saves time). you submit a support request by right-clicking anywhere on your main village screen, then choosing "support" from the big white menu that pops up, and proceeding from there.

i hope something helps soon!

DeletedUser

Thank you so much Mink. I am such an idiot. Of course I have four spearmen! I didn't know that there was a limit to the number of troops you could get per a building. Sorry.

But only four units per a barracks? Isn't that a bit small? Is that the same with all the buildings? Because I've also heard that it can take more than an hour to train other military units. So that coupled with the unit limit would make building an army a bit of a slow ordeal, wouldn't it?

DeletedUser1081

yes, it's not a speed-orientated game. you get used to the rhythm of it, though! and it certainly makes you think about how to use your space, your soldiers and your assorted resources.

but anyway: the barracks i've built so far have had four or five openings plus a "diamond slot". there's often a slot or three that you have to pay extra coins for. and some units take four hours to train - i think that's the maximum at the moment. but we'll see what the Colonial Age brings. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.