• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why can I attack my neighbours somedays but not on others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What more need I say?

I have two PvP towers, though what I do with them, god only knows. The attack logo below the image at the bottom of the screen comes and goes. I'll be doing something stupid, but what?

DeletedUser1081

occasionally you'll see weird shifts in the timers due to synchronization problems, but generally: you can attack each neighbour once every 24 hours. for now, it doesn't matter whether you attack them via a tower or via the "social interaction" thing at the bottom of your village page. (that'll probably change when they update the game, but it's not clear when that'll happen, or how the new system will work.)

which pvp tower you get points in depends on what troops you use: for each battle you get points in the tower for the most advanced unit you used in that battle.

DeletedUser

Also, if you've already visited that neighbour to support/polish one of his/her buildings or decorations then that will have used up your daily turn for that city :) I.e. You can either attack OR support each city once every 24 hrs.

DeletedUser1081

right! excellent point, Lord Zena - i see i need more caffeine :cool:

DeletedUser

Nope. This morning I couldn't attack (little orange tags under the "portraits") on Brisgard but I could attack on Arvahall. Now, five hours later, I can attack on Brisgard but not on Arvahall. The 24 hour polish, prod, or punch thing I know.

And where are PvP towers? It's a mystery to me.

DeletedUser

Yup. Told you I'd be doing something stupid. Let's see if it's still there next time those orange tags disappear from under the portraits.

DeletedUser276

hehe well it helps that I don't need to respond to as many posts & questions as you do every day!

She doesnt have to answer threads. She is an Altruist :P the hint is what the title means.

*someone who looks out for the welfare of others* is the basic gist of it. Essentially Altruists are trusted players who know alot about the game and help other players selflessly. You can trust their answers over other players and they have direct contact access to me and admins for the game incase they come across an answer they dont know 100% :)

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?894-Staff-Job-Descriptions

I work hard on threads but no one reads them :D

DeletedUser

Yes, I do know what the word means.

There's still a certain amount of obligation, however unofficial and compulsory it may be, for her and the others with that title to help out more on the forums as compared to someone with no title or standing at all, such as myself. And she does a damn good job of it too :)

In no way was I comparing her efforts to yours or any other moderator. That never even came into it. Was really just pointing out that she puts in a lot more work and time on the forums than I do so naturally it would be easy for me to - on very rare occasions, possibly even just this one time - to raise a point she overlooked.

DeletedUser1081

you're too kind!
and indeed i don't have to respond to any more questions than anyone else ... but now that you mention it, it would look a bit odd to be hanging around with this flashy Altruist sign around my neck and posting only to mess up the moderators' efforts to count :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.