• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

White screens of death making this game unplayable

DeletedUser

MS Internet Explorer has always been "weighty" in use, and should never be used for a game like this! :cool:

DeletedUser

The "white screen" is a equipment vs Flash problem NOT FoE.
Basically the game is driving your video card too hard... and then you get the "white screen" (known to Adobe as the GSOD). Things you can do: turn off some of the animation (small gear on the lower left of the screen) such as the smoke and animate other players; Right click (aka secondary click) the screen and make sure the "hardware acceleration" is turned off; lower the screen resolution... and now we get into the money side... if your power supply can handle it you will need to upgrade your video card. Most "basic systems" have a video card capable of displaying the internet... far from the needs (refresh rate and FPS) needed for true gaming. Let me know if this helps.

DeletedUser64962

I turned off the animation for other players' cities, and no more GSOD!
This has saved me about 20 minutes and lots of frustration!
However, when I'm moti-polishing I occasionally get a Black Screen....the game window is still visible, I can see the player images, task bar etc, but the interior is black! A refresh (and restart with a different player's city) usually does it. I suppose this is also related to the video card...?

DeletedUser

However, when I'm moti-polishing I occasionally get a Black Screen....the game window is still visible, I can see the player images, task bar etc, but the interior is black! A refresh (and restart with a different player's city) usually does it. I suppose this is also related to the video card...?
Yes, that and flash combined.

DeletedUser7719

I love battling once that happens as sometimes the black doesn't affect the battlefield terrain itself and I can run PE/ME fights at normal speeds ;)

DeletedUser13805

i am getting a bit of a problem with selecting an army when i first log in ? i can not select anything at all but if i refresh everything is fine its just the first log in that seems to be the problem ? i know others have been having this type of issue and some a lot worse than me as it happend a lot more to them so is this a flash problem ? my computer ? or my browser ?

DeletedUser

Another bandaid for this problem (GSOD and "black screen") instead of restarting etc... just refresh the screen (F5) might be quicker for you...

DeletedUser102811

Another bandaid for this problem (GSOD and "black screen") instead of restarting etc... just refresh the screen (F5) might be quicker for you...

or instead you can ctrl + alt + delete, then go to processes and end task. if you have more tasks that won't close your internet, just refresh the tab (or all the tabs).

DeletedUser7719

Ending the process that runs flash will just... end the process that runs flash. You still need to refresh after doing it... (or at least for Chrome and Firefox for me)

DeletedUser

Ending the process that runs flash will just... end the process that runs flash. You still need to refresh after doing it... (or at least for Chrome and Firefox for me)

Clearing your browser cache helps too.