• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

which military buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser211

Hello,
Which military buildings are good to build and how many of them?
Because at the moment i have 2*spearfighters, 2*slingshots and 2*warriors (and 2*horsemen)
but this other guy in my continent, he went from like 0 to 75 000 points in 1 day and went from 1*spearfighter immediately to 2*soldiers (iron age)
Did i build too many military buildings and it would have been better to build some extra houses / blacksmith on those spots ?

DeletedUser

I would suggest to always build the best/newest military building, as you will always need the best out of your units:-)

about the 2 soldiers, they are a gift in one of the quest, so thats why he had them :-)

DeletedUser211

no, he has two of those soldier buildings and he is already in iron age. He went super fast somehow.
(also my quest is still stuck on "get craftwork" for two days now. I see no point in spending 16 forge points on that, just to see that i can not afford the 2 marble and lumber to get a 4*4 expansion).

But to my original question, 2 of each and none of the horses is too much?
Would have been much better if you could build all the infantry in the same barracks :D so when you click on the barracks, you could pick which unit to create (assuming it is researched)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well you only need to research some of it to be in the later age.

But yes i my self have 2 of each buildings for those military units i create at the moment.
So thats sounds about right :-)

DeletedUser211

and when do you remove them? because im almost done with researching stone throwers. If i build 2 of those as well, means i have 8 military buildings which take a lot of space. So removing one of the spearfighters when building the stone throwers? and when iron age comes remove the slingers as well?

*also i find it a bit annoying that you can not see the unit stats until it is in battle. So when researching, or when building, even when selecting the unit for a battle, you have no real idea what the unit is good at. ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I wouldn't suggest to build more than 1 military building of the same type, as when you have 3 or 4 different types, you already have enough units and you don't need more than 4 of the same units to form an army of 8.

DeletedUser211

you need for defend and for attack or you guys never put any troops in defence at all ?

DeletedUser

you need for defend and for attack or you guys never put any troops in defence at all ?

I only need 1 army, which I use to defend my city. When I decide to attack someone, I change my army from defending to attacking. Thus I am then for a few minutes undefended, but I don't mind that. ; )

DeletedUser

i always delete the "old" military buildings, when i decide to build a new kind of troop.

And it depends on my resources how many deff units i have at a given time.

DeletedUser211

ok, I am building stone throwers now. I think i will delete 1 spearfight barrack and 1 slinger range if its done building then :)

(atm i have 8 spearfighters, 8 slingers, and 6 warriors)

DeletedUser210

Don't bother with horsemen or warriors, there isn't much point. You can take out just about anything up to the best of the iron age units without ever looking at anything beyond spears/slingshots.

DeletedUser

imo, warriors aren't that amazing. I plan on selling mine soon.

DeletedUser

Don't bother with horsemen or warriors, there isn't much point. You can take out just about anything up to the best of the iron age units without ever looking at anything beyond spears/slingshots.

How would you fight against Stone Throwers? Wouldn't be Horseman the best alternative?

DeletedUser210

How would you fight against Stone Throwers? Wouldn't be Horseman the best alternative?

They're so ridiculously weak it's unreal, so either rush them with spears or just kill them with two successive slingshots before they can get a shot off.

DeletedUser211

i could not do the last part of paruuch without warriors
also in east -nagach there was a camp with 3 ballista. I won it thanks to my warriors

DeletedUser210

i could not do the last part of paruuch without warriors
also in east -nagach there was a camp with 3 ballista. I won it thanks to my warriors

Yeah, that one with the three ballistae is one of the hardest up to that point. I failed on the first attempt (3 spears, 5 slings), but managed it by going in with eight slings and just taking out the ballistae one at a time as they split up.

DeletedUser1081

Yeah, that one with the three ballistae is one of the hardest up to that point. I failed on the first attempt (3 spears, 5 slings), but managed it by going in with eight slings and just taking out the ballistae one at a time as they split up.

good for you, but how did you get your slingers close enough to the ballistas without getting wiped? their range seems to cover the whole freakin battlefield! :eek:

DeletedUser

You can also always take out the long range units with your own and as long as you play smart you can take out equal or a few more then you bring along without getting too many of them killed.

That is provided they stop cheating and stop moving farther then they should be able to.

DeletedUser1081

You can also always take out the long range units with your own .

"with my own" what, though, please and thank you?

i'm working on it with archers and slings, but the ballistas' range is just too big in comparison. what i'm asking is how do people get their slings and archers close enough to take out three balliastas? i managed the scenario with two ballistas all right, but i'm not faring well against three.

Status
Not open for further replies.