• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What's Your Least Favorite Unit Type To Take Into Battle?

DeletedUser112069

I'm curious. If you are attacking, what's your least favorite unit type to take into battle (heavy, light, fast, ranged, artillery), and why is it your least favorite unit type? Also, please let everyone know what age/era you're expressing your opinion for.

DeletedUser99588

Rogues. They're always mimicking my other troops and they get soooo annoyed. No matter how many times I tell them to stop they just keep doing it. This opinion is for anyone old enough to read it and who was born within the Holocene time period.

DeletedUser96901

in VF: light & ranged

Rogues. They're always mimicking my other troops and they get soooo annoyed. No matter how many times I tell them to stop they just keep doing it. This opinion is for anyone old enough to read it and who was born within the Holocene time period.
take a fast unit with them

if they are fast enough they reach the enemy in the first turn and get killed before the rogues are transformed

DeletedUser99692

Medusa in OF the stupid things just sit there waiting to be killed. God forbid I ever have to use them.

DeletedUser113901

BA-->IrA artillery (stats too low).
PE I like them all.
ME ranged (rapid deployment).
PME I've never really seen that age as I only flashed by once 2 years ago.
CE I like them all.
TE light (rapid deployment).
FE fast (no range, rapid deployment).
AF I hate them all.
OF-->VF I've never reached these ages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112069

Silly me, I forgot to add my 2 cents worth in this conversation!

Bronze Age - Because this is pretty much the pre-military GB era (zeus, CDM, CoA) I hate them all. All the units are spankbait.
Iron Age - The only units I like are the Legionnaire & Color Guard. They can take the punishment and get the job done. The rest are wimps destined to become grill meat.
Early Middle Age thru Colonial Era - I really dislike the ranged units of these eras. They have a weak defense, are easy to kill and impossible to protect with other units. The units you are fighting against tend to make a beeline for any ranged units you bring to the battle, so you're lucky to get 2 shots fired before they bite the dust.

DeletedUser112069

LOL. I love my rogues. Love. Love. Love. They are the rock stars of my realm. I worship the ground they fight upon. I can't even begin to count how many PvP tournaments I've won because of them. I can't even begin to count how much hate mail I've received from vanquished neighbors because of my rouges. I can't even begin to count how many GE relics I've earned because of my rouges. Love. Love. Love. Love my rogues. My rogues will be immortalized in song and film throughout the kingdom for millenium to come.

Ok, I've strayed a bit from the topic.

Sorry. :blush:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
BA-->IrA artillery (stats too low).
PE I like them all.
ME ranged (rapid deployment).
PME I've never really seen that age as I only flashed by once 2 years ago.
CE I like them all.
TE light (rapid deployment).
FE fast (no range, rapid deployment).
AF I hate them all.
OF-->VF I've never reached these ages.

BA: Obviously Stone Throwers. Best: Spearfighters.
IA: Mounted warriors. Ballistas are actually pretty good. Best: of course the golden Archers of IA.
EMA: Heavy Cav. Gets 3 shotted by Spearfighters. Mounted Archers are great.
HMA: I like all of them. The knights has chivalry which makes them a bit better. I like Trebuchets the most as they do good damage and their animation is just awesome.
LMA: Cannons. The short range is the problem. Best: Imperial guards. It the age that makes longbows not possible to 2 shot them at most times without boost.
CA: The Dragoon. I hate it when ppl use it on Defense. And I suck at attacking with these. Best: All besides the Dragoon.
Not reached these Ages yet, but I tried some IndA troops and Progressive troops:
IndA: Lancers. Only melee unit which retaliation will wreck them easily. Best: Howitzers.
Progressive: all are pretty good on the purpose. Best of all: Tanks and Armoured Cars.
Modern Era: Paratroopers. Rapid deployments make rogue users difficult. Best: still the tank.
Postmodern Era: Nothing too bad. Best: MG team. Most feared unit of all as they retaliate against all attacks. And also the tanks.
Contemporary Era: Obviously the friggin missile artillery. Only fires 1 shot. Best: The tanks again. And the Helicopter.
Tommorrow: Ultra Armoured Patrols. Range of 7 is worse than the Rifleman in IndA.
The Future: Exoskeleton Soldier. Not because it is worst it is just not as good as the others. best: Hover Tanks.
Arctic Future: I think all are quite good, but the one that stands out the most has to be the Battle Fortress. It has reactive Armour so no matter how much attack boost you have you still need at least 3 hits to destroy one. 4 if its a rogue.
Oceanic: I don't quite know.
Virtual Future: The Augmented Samurai. Melee Range? You have got to be kidding me. Best : The Ronin Bot. Or actually the Champion.
All ages: the rogues are my favourite of course. The worst is colour guard.
Quantum Future: Proton Gunner
Universal Future: Mass Driver

Last edited:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
the colour guard is wurst
The military drummer at least had that morale boost which gives +1 hitpoint to all allies

Havik79

Corporal
I just moved to TE last week, and have massive regret, everything I read said use stealth tanks, and i HATE them, especially going up against tanks, I just get fed up and end up leaving my tank at the top left corner, moving my rogues a couple of times, then auto finish the fight.

After going from aav to stealth tanks it really is a huge let down, think I will speed through TE, and don't get me started on the pvp maps, so much crud every where.

vikingraider

Emperor
I just moved to TE last week, and have massive regret, everything I read said use stealth tanks, and i HATE them, especially going up against tanks, I just get fed up and end up leaving my tank at the top left corner, moving my rogues a couple of times, then auto finish the fight.

After going from aav to stealth tanks it really is a huge let down, think I will speed through TE, and don't get me started on the pvp maps, so much crud every where.

I'm with you there. I loved the AA guns so much. And then the let down in TE. And the maps are totally crap. It improves in FE, both unit and map wise