• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What to do with "Motivation Kit"

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I am just wondering what was the plans of the designers with these "Motivation Kit"s.
I have like 50 and I think others have 100+
It also takes several (3) clicks to apply each. What is the point?
These are the ones from around the city gifts.

DeletedUser110797

I would like to see motivation kits used to motivate special buildings. ie. special buildings awarded in quests, such as The Manor House, Hedge Maze, Pillar of Heroes etc., to be annotated 'Can be motivated with motivation kit only.'
This would make motivation kits useful rather than just another unwanted item in our inventories.

DeletedUser111866

Or maybe make them be able to motivate your terrace farms etc, so they can't get plundered.

Ati2

Legend
Many times I get a group message from friends, asking to motivate a specific building of theirs. I'm sure that using a motivation kit would be way faster.

DeletedUser112069

I've always considered Motivation Kits a "late game" tool. By the time you reach, say, Arctic Age (for example) chances are most of the players on your friends list don't play anymore, new friends are hard to find, and/or neighbors don't play anymore or are far and few between (hence, unable to motivate buildings in your city.) I don't know that this is the case since I'm only in HMA, but that was my initial thoughts about Motivation Kits.

Snarko

Private
Friends should be easier to find in late game. You can befriend anyone and most people would be happy to have a friend in an advanced age!
By the time you reach that point you should have cleared out inactives from your friendlist many times, replacing them with more active people.

Inactives don't appear to be placed in neighborhoods until they login. Either that or neighborhoods are much larger than they appear. I do know that people who go inactive (not sure about how long) disappear from the neighborhood. They are still there but not listed. I don't know if aiding your neighborhood is more or less common in later ages but the number of people shouldn't change too much.

The game is doing a good job at hiding the fact that most of the players are inactive.

The one reason I can think of to save them is in case you ever reach the point of having more "do something on motivation" buildings than you have people aiding you. (SoK farm) That is why I'm saving my motivation kits, in case I ever reach that point.

DeletedUser112173

I would like to see motivation kits used to motivate special buildings. ie. special buildings awarded in quests, such as The Manor House, Hedge Maze, Pillar of Heroes etc., to be annotated 'Can be motivated with motivation kit only.'
This would make motivation kits useful rather than just another unwanted item in our inventories.
I think you should be able to trade unwanted rewards and buildings. I save up about 20 motivation kits so I can motivate all my standard production buildings. I guess that in later ages when your supplies are mainly acquired thru GBs this isn't practical. Hence my suggestion.

DeletedUser112027

I've always considered Motivation Kits a "late game" tool. By the time you reach, say, Arctic Age (for example) chances are most of the players on your friends list don't play anymore, new friends are hard to find, and/or neighbors don't play anymore or are far and few between (hence, unable to motivate buildings in your city.) I don't know that this is the case since I'm only in HMA, but that was my initial thoughts about Motivation Kits.

Why do you believe this? I'm in a top 50 Guild and I'm only in the LMA. The Guild has 40+ players. Only a few of our "Ents" have become "treeish." In fact, I target players much, much higher than I am to be on my friend list and all have accepted but 1. At any stage, active players seem to "cull" their friends list of inactives.

Your premise lacks support imo.

E.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
They definitely need to be looked at most players maintain an active friends list so these are not very useful.

They are when you have a lot of buildings that produce fp's. Face it. Not all your guildmates aid. Less of your friends aid and with neighbours the number will even be lower. Sometimes they come in usefull, allthough with the changed aid priority, the usefulness has become less.

DeletedUser103223

When your city looks like the chamber from Aliens with so many SOK's (146) and 4 POH's. The occasional motivation kit is useful.