• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What people will do after finishing all research tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser900

Hi guys,

I just wonder what people may do after finishing all research trees. Is it a bit boring to collect gold/supplies all day to get points? Do we have any kind of other activities?

DeletedUser1081

well, there are more eras on the way - apparently the next one will be called the Colonial Era.
but until then ... friendly fights for tournament points with neighbours who are willing ~ trade with guildmembers ~ help other players get ahead ~ rearrange our villages ~ answer questions on the forums - there's plenty to do!

have fun!

DeletedUser

Imagine this, when the new age finally arrives, can you imagine how much gold/supplies you will have built up to zoom through it? That is a plus to having time before a age is opened, so you can stockpile.

DeletedUser

I am hoping we will be able to build a dock on the river and have ships - that would be fun!

DeletedUser

Imagine this, when the new age finally arrives, can you imagine how much gold/supplies you will have built up to zoom through it? That is a plus to having time before a age is opened, so you can stockpile.

except then you'll just have to wait longer for the next one..

DeletedUser

Also there's the cap on forge points that would slow progress through that age, right?

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

I just wonder what people may do after finishing all research trees. Is it a bit boring to collect gold/supplies all day to get points? Do we have any kind of other activities?

This will not happen my friend.., the tech tree will stretch out into eternity and you will be forever buying diamonds in order to advance. ;)

DeletedUser

You'd be burnin' though your gold if you want to use that to advance though! Say one was to buy all the forge points to advance through the Early Middle Age starting with a price of 1000 / FP. That's 505 FP all told, and it'd take 6868000 gold to buy your way through. And that's only the Early Middle Ages, later ages would naturally be more FP. I don't know what it's like in the later ages, but that seems like a sizable chunk of money.

I plead no contest to the diamonds. Though as the poster was talking about advancing too quickly, I think it's a safe assumption they wouldn't go out of their way to advance even more quickly.

EDIT: The following function gets you into the ballpark of how much gold it would cost to buy FPs:

G = 25*(M^2) + (P - 25)*M

P = initial price of 1 FP
M = number of FPs to purchase.
G = Gold spent

I leave it as an exercise to the reader to calculate how much gold they plan to spend on forge points. :p

Note: The numbers that I tested matched perfectly, but since this was rather impromptu, I make no guarantees.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I did have about 1.2 million gold before I replaced my cultural buildings with academies and my farms with breweries so it can be possible to get a lot of gold depending how long it takes for another age to get added.

I make about 80-90k a day from my houses and with nothing to spend gold on for now other then a couple expansions it will add up over time.

DeletedUser

I mentioned stockpiling gold/supplies. Of course you can only have 10 FP, and you could not stockpile those, lol. At least you would have a pretty good chunk of coin, and supplies to be able to pay the finishing costs of the techs, and build a bunch of the new houses, supply buildings, cultural, and infantry buildings. I think it is a good starting point to be at for the new age that will come in the future, instead of starting out broke, and scraping by.

DeletedUser

chompman, you have a mighty impressive city...assuming you started as soon as arvahall opened, im just curious as to how often you play for you to be so far ahead without diamonds lol

DeletedUser

... At least you would have a pretty good chunk of coin, and supplies to be able to pay the finishing costs of the techs, and build a bunch of the new houses, supply buildings, cultural, and infantry buildings. I think it is a good starting point to be at for the new age that will come in the future, instead of starting out broke, and scraping by.
That is all true, but scraping by increases interest to the game as you need to think, calculate what to to build first, then after it, etc. Personally i find it much more fun having to think and wait a little then simply 'delete all/build all' actions.

Back to the topic - there isnt much to do after you finish conquering provinces, tech tree and build best buildings. The only thing left is to participate in tournaments and even that will finish ( some ppl already reached max expansion slots from tournaments). So basically we are left with resource collection for the sake of collecting and attacking neighbors for the sake of attacks itself. That is game over :)

DeletedUser

chompman, you have a mighty impressive city...assuming you started as soon as arvahall opened, im just curious as to how often you play for you to be so far ahead without diamonds lol

I did start around that time however I have not finished all the tech yet in LMA and a couple earlier ones I skipped but I will go back when I get what I want from LMA.

DeletedUser

friendly fights

friendly fights for tournament points with neighbours who are willing...

I had 80 neighbours when started, 49 yesterday and 48 today. Interesting with whom i will fight after 2-3 weeks because every day less and less players in my neighbourhood...

DeletedUser

I had 80 neighbours when started, 49 yesterday and 48 today. Interesting with whom i will fight after 2-3 weeks because every day less and less players in my neighbourhood...

i thought neighborhood merging will take place every week (or at least regulary) ?!

DeletedUser503

Merging. It appears to take place every week. But on two worlds I only have 30+ other players, of which 20% are probably not playing. Built a couple of huts and quit. On Cirgard and Dinegu I have two almost full neighbourhood's, but again, bottom 10 -20 hardly trying. Another two weeks and I'll finish the Tech Tree on Arvahall so I'm interested in the Renaissance Period, which should come before any Colonial Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.