• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What are medals used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15629

I've looked quite a bit on the forum but can't find a definitive explanation of how medals can be used, after winning some?
Thanks in advance for the answer.

DeletedUser

Medals can be used for purchasing Victory Expansions.

Also during the New Years event, we were able to trade Medals for random Blueprints.

DeletedUser

Hey Roobert de Cuestard,

Welcome to the Forge of Empires forum. :)

If you participate in PvP battles - by attacking your neighbours, you can attack every neighbour once per 24 hours - you can earn medals depending on your ranking in the PvP Tower(s). If you earn enough medals you will be able to expand your town.

For more information, take a look at this quote from Pendragon's FAQ:

How do the pvp-tower tournaments work?
Tournaments last from Monday morning to Sunday (the exact finishing time is stated in the towers themselves). You do NOT receive battle points for battles fought between tournaments (see question below).
You can participate in all towers, that you have units for. However, for the towers that you have not unlocked yet, you cannot check the points you have (except in the battle reports you will get at the end of a battle). The good part is, that you will get medals in those towers, if you earned them:
If you are eligible for medals when the tournament ended, they will be added to your account within 24 hours.

P.S. If you'd like to see how much each consecutive expansion costs, click here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15629

Many thanks for your interest, LadyMedea. I've only just begun to get into Forge of Empires, having started last week. Previously I was playing on Grepolis, and achieved some success in a large alliance. But I found Grepolis almost impossible to play without spending (real) money to buy "improvements" to the game play.
Here, in Forge of Empires, I'm attempting to play without spending any (real) money and not buying any diamonds at all. We'll see how we go!

DeletedUser

Glad I could help!
Good luck with playing the game - it is awesome (my personal opinion). ;)

... and because I simply cannot help myself I would like to also refer you to the Beginners' Guide. :o

DeletedUser15629

In reply to your first answer, LadyMedea, I have been attacking my neighbours continuously for the past couple of days, and was running first in the PVP points. But someone else has just overtaken me, pushing me into second place, with only about 7 hours to go. Not sure I can catch up with him now!

I've seen several references to this being "just" a Beta version. How much do you consider might change before it ceases to be a "Beta", and what possible changes might there be, please?

DeletedUser

In reply to your first answer, LadyMedea, I have been attacking my neighbours continuously for the past couple of days, and was running first in the PVP points. But someone else has just overtaken me, pushing me into second place, with only about 7 hours to go. Not sure I can catch up with him now!

Yeah, Sundays are very busy and nerve-wracking, because players tend to try one last time to come on top. :D Good luck with that!

I've seen several references to this being "just" a Beta version. How much do you consider might change before it ceases to be a "Beta", and what possible changes might there be, please?

Well, there is no any fixed time line as to when the game will cease to be in Beta. I guess we will have to wait and see. ;)
As for things to come in the (near) future, you can check this thread: Upcoming spoilers for the game... click only if wanting future updates spoiled

It contains spoilers for some much anticipated updates and you can also read on all the suggestions as to what other players think some of the hints may actually turn out to be.

DeletedUser15629

Thanks very much for that info, LadyMedea .
Sorry to be a pain, but to get back to my first question about medals, and "Victory Expansions". I've just progressed into the Iron Age, in the Research section, but am still competing in the Bronze Age PVP Tower. If I win or come second I gain 10 or 5 medals. When can I use them, as the Medals thread that you pointed me to only refers to the Late Middle Age.
And to test your patience even more (heh-heh), what does "Victory Expansions" actually mean, please.

DeletedUser276

There are still functions where medals will be of use. If you look in your inventory you will see things that are not being used... I wonder why ;)

DeletedUser15629

Hallo Blacksmith. Well, all I have in my inventory is one piece of a Blue Print for Statue of Zeus (South West). I think I gained that by Motivating and Polishing Bronze Age buildings. But can't see what I can do with the one piece at the moment. But I'll keep my eye on anything else arriving there.
Thanks for the tip. (Still puzzled though).

DeletedUser276

lol I was talking about the other areas in the inventory. There are tabs which are not being used.

DeletedUser

If I win or come second I gain 10 or 5 medals. When can I use them, as the Medals thread that you pointed me to only refers to the Late Middle Age.
And to test your patience even more (heh-heh), what does "Victory Expansions" actually mean, please.

As soon as you have enough medals to unlock an expansion, you can use them. You should keep in mind that each consecutive expansion costs more medals. "Victory expansion" simply means expansion through medals. Take a look at the screenshot I included, hope it will clear any confusion, (click on the spoiler tag).

victory_expansion.png

As soon as you have enough medals to unlock a victory expansion, the "expand" button will be click-able.

Hallo Blacksmith. Well, all I have in my inventory is one piece of a Blue Print for Statue of Zeus (South West). I think I gained that by Motivating and Polishing Bronze Age buildings. But can't see what I can do with the one piece at the moment. But I'll keep my eye on anything else arriving there.
Thanks for the tip. (Still puzzled though).

For more information on the Great Buildings, check the Great Buildings Encyclopedia. It contains everything you need to know.

EDIT:
When can I use them, as the Medals thread that you pointed me to only refers to the Late Middle Age.

That thread contains information on every expansion - it does not refer to the Late Middle Ages (LMA) only. The reference to the LMA was in connection to the last time the guide was updated with regards to the expansions.

DeletedUser15629

Again, many thanks to both of you. Your answers have begun to clear the mist!

Status
Not open for further replies.