• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What about a nice bonfire?

DeletedUser

Proposal: Having looked through the buildings I was disappointed not to find a fire of any kind. Maybe a special cultural building or decoration would be a nice addition.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? I've searched for bonfire, fire and Guy Fawkes with no hits.

Reason: Everybody loves a good fire don't they? Fires have been an important event throughout history from pagan celebrations to todays bonfire night. They mark special dates on the calendar and provide a good reason for a nice get together and a drinky-poo.

Details: As above, a cultural building / decoration depicting a fire would be nice. Similar to the scarecrow perhaps?

Visual Aids: I did a bit of a mock up using the scarecrow as an effigy. Not much of an artist but something like this;
fire_zpsak25yg4h.png

Balance: N/A

Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary: I'd like a nice bonfire in my town. Historically I think they are pretty significant. :)

DeletedUser105579

Are we talking about an event decoration or a diamond decoration?
Will this decoration need to be renovated or will it automatically move up with the ages?
What is its size? (3x3?)
Does it have any other bonuses?

What I would like to see (you can edit this into the op if you like)
Have a bonfire as a prize for a small bonus territory expansion (1-2 territories) that are above your "city" spot on the map
It gives % happiness. It has troops of one age below yours (available once you hit Iron Age) that is random (every attack has a diff. defending 8 troops), and the negotiation cost being BA goods.

It would introduce new players to bonus quest territories, give a permanently useful building, add some small entertainment, and hook playersleaning towards quitting, gaining potential income for FoE.

DeletedUser15432

Well first off, the game does have a fire - the watch fire
Secondly, this idea needs a lot more thought before it can go forward

DeletedUser

A watchfire isn't a bonfire, it's not used as a social gathering or to mark a time of year. So can't really relate the two. I'm tempted to leave the idea as it is as if I overcomplicate it by saying it must give X amount of happiness and be this big etc people would find fault with it. As it is it's just a simple request for a nice fire, be it in the form of a decoration 1x1 or as a 3x3 special event item like the haunted house for Halloween. I think it would fit in with the game nicely and the powers that be can make their minds up on what it gives the player.

DeletedUser105579

I'm tempted to leave the idea as it is as if I overcomplicate it by saying it must give X amount of happiness and be this big etc people would find fault with it. As it is it's just a simple request for a nice fire, be it in the form of a decoration 1x1 or as a 3x3 special event item like the haunted house for Halloween. I think it would fit in with the game nicely and the powers that be can make their minds up on what it gives the player.

Secondly, this idea needs a lot more thought before it can go forward

It has a better chance of being put forward and accepted by the devs if they don't have to do any work :p