• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Visual of City Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7719

Proposal:
Add multiple zooms (1), screen rotations (2), and have an option turn animations off (3)

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes

Reasons:
1) When I wanted to sell my trees, it was hard even when I zoomed in once. If I could get a little closer, I could place it more comfortable
2) It would make it WAY easier to place and sell stuff
3) When I visit my guildies' cities, (I think it's the animations that are) lagging the screen which takes longer and more frustrating to move the screen around

Details:
At the corners of the screen there should be a zoom in/out button and also a rotate clockwise/counterclockwise. (It can be placed somewhere else if you want). The animations can be under settings

Visual Aids:
I may or may not put one up

Balance:
It shouldn't affect balance

Abuse Prevention:
There shouldn't be any abuse

Summary:
Read the proposal

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2029

I'm usually ambivalent towards "make things prettier" ideas, but this coud be kind of useful (the zoom part at least).
just don't get your hopes up about this being relised any time soon.

DeletedUser

Can't say I oppose to any of these ideas..

They're just technical and I don't think they'd be extremely hard to implement (apart from the screen rotation, I think the devs said that would be nigh impossible right now).

[...]Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes
lol

Summary:
Read the proposal
I thought that was a film, not a book?

- L

DeletedUser

We are currently working on an abstract city view that will make city planning and building much easier.

Any kind of rotation (whether of single buildings or the entire city view) is currently not supported by our graphic assets and will hence not be implemented any time soon.

Regards,

DeletedUser

its a shame but you should get the rotation thing seen too we have waited ages and it whould be a great idea either now or in future

DeletedUser

Rotating is just a big no-no... it won't happen :)

Apart from the graphical side of it, one of the core things of the game is to fit all the odd parts into your village, like a huge jigsaw puzzle. Being able to rotate these puzzle pieces would make it far too easy then!

DeletedUser

Rotating is just a big no-no... it won't happen :)

Apart from the graphical side of it, one of the core things of the game is to fit all the odd parts into your village, like a huge jigsaw puzzle. Being able to rotate these puzzle pieces would make it far too easy then!

Unless you make the buildings from the build menu rotate as well, then the puzzle pieces will rotate as the puzzle itself rotates.

DeletedUser276

blah anwar has ruled with an iron fist. Please dont necro threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.