• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Investigating: Visiting players Gbs through Townhall bug

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
  • World: Houndsmoor
  • Browser and Version: chrome
  • Overview of the bug: when visiting players through my townhall from the list of GBs to which i have contributed, when i click the Back to city button after checking and closing the GB, a random GB opens when im back in my town, and everything is blocked and i cant click anything unless i refresh the game. while this might not be a problem for people who dont contribute to many GBs, in my case its very annoying because i have a list of about 300GBs to which i contribute and hunt bps, and i check many of these GBs quite often to see the progress. sometimes i can visit 10 or more GBs without experiencing this problem, but sometimes it happens after every 1-2-3 visits, and this can even lead to FP/medals/bps loss if it happens while contributing and collecting fps from my gbs because it slows me down and someone else might jump and lock me out. but its already annoying enough even if nothing else happens when i have to refresh the game 10 times in 5 minutes.
  • Screenshots: no
  • How often this occurs: very very often
  • Urgency: its very annoying
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

DeletedUser97349

Apologies, I did test this but was unable to replicate. I have since received another report on the U.S. server however, so it seems to affect some players and not others. Perhaps someone else has experienced this?

DeletedUser107311

I've also tested with no luck yet. Could you confirm you have tried clearing your cache? If so, are there any other steps to replicate you can provide? For example, does it occur if you click the ‘x’ to close instead of the close button, or does it happen when the GB has levelled up? When you say another GB window opens, is this one of your own GBs or another on your list of current invested levels? Thank you :)

DeletedUser100832

Apologies, I did test this but was unable to replicate. I have since received another report on the U.S. server however, so it seems to affect some players and not others. Perhaps someone else has experienced this?

I had the same, yeah. Also on Houndsmoor, contributing to another player's GB in an FP swap, happens about once in ten times.

EDIT: and I use firefox

DeletedUser97018

this usualy happens if you don't move city view (or click anywhere else) and GB is under "Back to city" tab
and it's been going on for some time now, only now before i click on "Back to city" i usualy move the city so i wouldn't get stuck (if i remember to do so), if not well.... refresh page "helps" :p
for me it happens on both worlds i play (G and H)
so yes, when will this get fixed?

DeletedUser

I get the same too, it has happened when I have been in IE and in Chrome. It always goes into my Aachen for some reason.

DeletedUser100832

I now also get players' gb's cropping up during fighting. You click on a hex and the gb of the guy you are attacking in pvp comes up. Fortunately it doesn't crash.

DeletedUser16026

I now also get players' gb's cropping up during fighting. You click on a hex and the gb of the guy you are attacking in pvp comes up. Fortunately it doesn't crash.

That has been reported through this thread:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?29791-Click-and-hover-through-battlefield

I see the two issues as separate because of the way they affect us (one makes your game crash/stuck, the other just opens an extra window you can close). However, so far we have not been able to recreate the issue from this thread.

DeletedUser99445

• World: Houndsmoor
  • Browser and Version: chrome
  • Overview of the bug: when visiting players through my townhall from the list of GBs to which i have contributed, when i click the Back to city button after checking and closing the GB, a random GB opens when im back in my town, and everything is blocked and i cant click anything unless i refresh the game. :[/B]

This happens to me every day and I use IE11

DeletedUser

The fault seems to becoming much more regular, where it used to happen maybe once a day, in the last couple of days, I am getting it every time I come out of someone's GB. It always takes me into my Aachen for some reason and then it crashes.

DeletedUser16026

Just FYI - I believe this may in fact be a combination of two separate bugs. The first part is covered with the report over HERE, a clickthrough issue during battles.

The second issue would be the game getting stuck/crashing when a GB window is open. It just happens more frequently in pairing with the first bug. Still looking into it though, so any information about this latter part is welcome.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
not sure if this helps, but, my resolution is 1366x768, and i have this problem
however i tested this from a computer with higher resolution, and it didnt happen. i even checked if my mouse is the problem, so i went there and used my mouse, there was no problem (the reason why i tested the mouse is because in the past i had a few of them starting to double click on its own, so i suspected thats the case again, tho when i had this problem in the past, it was happening everywhere, not just in FoE)
my theory is that when on higher resolution, under the Back to city button, there is no GB, so this cant happen. on lower resolution, usually there is some GB behind the back to city button, so it happens because the mouse clicks in the background (i beleive this has something to do with harware Acceleration because we have all experienced background clicks since hardware acceleration)

DeletedUser100832

still happening... just happened to me three times in a row

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
i got a notification yesterday that my thread was moved, and i see its in Fixed Bugs now. so i decided to try it, and its not fixed, it happened to me just a few minutes ago, followed with an Internal error this time.