• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

use for PvP medals

DeletedUser6974

Proposal:
I would like to propose another use for the PvP medals.
I searched thru the ideas already proposed and did not find any proposal for this.
I would like to propose that another option be added for the use of the PvP medals instead of only using them for expansions.
Allow the player to purchase raw material with their PvP medals.

Reason:
As it is now a player can obtain a goods boost only by finding one of the raw materials in the territories as they make their way across the continental map.
All too often goods shortages stall progress and cause players to loose interest in the game.
Progress thru the tech tree stops since a new product might be needed to unlock the tree and everything stops because this new raw material is not found by any of the guild members. A production plant running without boost is simply a waste of time. I realize diamonds can be used for this but obviously not everybody can buy diamonds.

Details:
Even though i am in a very active guild and we always have a full roster of players we will hit areas where players are getting the same raw materials over and over and there is a critical shortage of maybe one product that stalls the game for the entire guild. Players loose interest, get bored because progress comes to a halt and ends up just letting their city go and leaves the game.
If the missing raw material is finally found by one player it puts an unfair burden on that one player by having them stop all of their progress, destroy buildings that they have built and build 4 or 5 plants of the missing product to try and support the entire guild.

My idea that i would like to propose would be to allow the use of PvP medals to purchase a raw material.
There would be a chart in the players inventory that would show all raw materials needed for the game and would update as each new raw material is discovered in each age. Only the ages that have been reached would be accessible so they cant jump ahead.
All raw materials for the age would be shown, there would be a check mark at the raw materials that have already been discovered and the remaining raw materials would have the option to buy them with lets say 1,000 PvP medals each. If they purchase a raw material that they later find in a territory they would have just wasted their 1,000 medals.

Visual Aids:
sorry, I don't have any visual aids.

Balance:
This would help balance the game for all, make it more enjoyable and keep players interested. This would give a player a way to work toward progress when stalled and give another use for the PvP medals if they do not need expansions and have stopped playing for medals.
Especially a player that may choose not to be in a guild if they simply do not have the time be on line enough to meet guild requirements. This would give them a way to keep working toward progress when a missing raw material can not be found in the trades.

Abuse Prevention:
Since this is only using medals that are already part of the game and they have to compete for the medals, it would only provide an additional motivation to participate in the PvP tournaments.

Summary:
In summary, this would provide a way for a player to use their medals that they have won instead of only having them for expansions. Expansions are not always needed but material is always needed in order to progress thru the tech tree or for negotiations on the map.
The player could use their medals to buy the raw material, save up and build the manufacturing plant using that raw material and be able to produce the product now with boost. A supply plant running without boost only makes it even more boring.
They would have gained a raw material but lost progress toward another expansion but they can then start over in the PvP tourneys for more medals for either another raw material or for an expansion.

Thank you!

DeletedUser

Nice idea but I think you may get "the game is not meant to be easy" lecture.

DeletedUser6974

i hope it isn't looked at as trying to make it easy, if resources aren't there, they just aren't there and everything stops.
Diamonds can be used but its another thing that makes it too easy for those that can buy diamonds and just breeze through the game without even trying. If a player had enough diamonds they could negotiate every territory and unlock every thing in the tree in one day.

At least buy using medals it still makes the player compete in the tournaments, save up to buy the raw material and build the building needed for the missing goods and then have something more to keep the trades moving along with.

This will help the game to move along when lack of resources stop the progress.
We just had a 51,000 point player quit, he sold off every building he had in his city and wrote out the word BORED with the roads and left the game. He had made it all the way to Late Middle Ages, look up the city for Cibalae .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4800

I disagree on all ends. First the game is not easy to diamond players either, in fact buildings are pretty expensive so unless you have massive amounts of cash its not easy. But even for those who have massive amounts of cash and spend it, it funds the development of the game so you can play it for free.

But again even if you were purchasing all the diamond buildings they still get within an age or two equal. So while you have an innitial boost, it levels itself out.

For your idea, I think its bad because it encourages PvP'ing. I mean we've been told how many times now that its not a PvP game, that is not the focus at all and allowing medals to be used to buy goods I'm afraid will put the focus on PVP'ing and plundering which would cause more people to quit, as opposed to people quitting if they get stuck with no goods, which they wouldn't if they just had a semi decent guild.

Also it would made the game relatively easier(not by much), but more so than what it is now.

DeletedUser1094

No, I won't use that phrase for this proposal... but another and equally often used one :p

Having more use of medals, will make players battle more to get them...

I am against it... for one simple reason : This is NOT a war-game! Enhancing the incentive to make PvP-battles will make a lot of players run away. A majority of the players already thinks, that there is too much of that...and that's one of the reasons for the ability to gain medals through other means than PvP-battles. But issues like this, will always be here : The "War-lords" want more battle-stuff and reasons to do battles, where the "city-builders" want the opposite.

DeletedUser6974

No, I won't use that phrase for this proposal... but another and equally often used one :p

Having more use of medals, will make players battle more to get them...

I am against it... for one simple reason : This is NOT a war-game! Enhancing the incentive to make PvP-battles will make a lot of players run away. A majority of the players already thinks, that there is too much of that...and that's one of the reasons for the ability to gain medals through other means than PvP-battles. But issues like this, will always be here : The "War-lords" want more battle-stuff and reasons to do battles, where the "city-builders" want the opposite.

once again my entire point of my proposal has been lost, i only proposed another use for the medals.

and who says you have to plunder????

its not a war game unless you plunder!
Why are the PvP Tourneys in the game if it is not a war-game? I didnt put in PvP tourneys.

Up until today I've attacked my neighbors regularly for PvP points but i would never plunder.

but now the new Great Buildings just made it a war game!
Now if i am trying to use the feature built into the game and going for the PvP points for expansions and trying to find the blue prints for the Great Buildings at the same time I am forced to plunder!
Otherwise its 24 hours before i can visit again, even if its for polish or motivate only, so now i am forced to plunder if i am to find blue prints.

if as you say that the majority of the players already thinks that there is too much war then they must be sadly disappointed in the Great Buildings because now the only way blue prints can be found is to visit other cities and if you are trying to build another expansion with medals you will have no choice but to plunder where before all i did was attack and leave and never plunder.

Today i went through my entire neighborhood attacking for PvP points but it is the very first time since i have played this game that i plundered every city i went to since i now have to look for blue prints too!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I know, I thought great buildings would be worth it, but it turned into a premium and bully-more-noobs concept.
Back to the topic, PvP is player vsin player which is exactly what you have to do to earn medals (at least certain great buildings have changed this
Since the Colosseum and Deal Castle give medals
)

DeletedUser2206

I agree with byeordie; there are already too many bullies; this would only encourage more. I, for one, am almost ready to quit a couple of the servers because of some bullies who think it is great to buy their way to the top, and use their 275,000 + points to build massive armies, and attack the 25,000 - struggling players non-stop.

DeletedUser4800

I agree with byeordie; there are already too many bullies; this would only encourage more. I, for one, am almost ready to quit a couple of the servers because of some bullies who think it is great to buy their way to the top, and use their 275,000 + points to build massive armies, and attack the 25,000 - struggling players non-stop.

Have you even checked the prices for diamonds buddy boy?

Its 5 euros for just 450 diamonds(only recently increased, it was 300 previously), 3000 diamonds which is a pretty good number to gain a decent advantage costs 20 euros(again it was 2000 diamonds till recently).

You need 1600 diamonds to purchase 8 of the remaining BP. So essentially you just spend 15 euros for a small advantage that you need to spend FP on in order to make it good.