• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upgrade the e-mail system

DeletedUser4076

The FOE e-mail system archaic. How about some things that are needed.
1. A Subject line.
2 Ability to CC
3. Forward the email to someone not originally in the original thread
4. A Favorite option or ability to add to a Saved Folder
5. Add attachments
6. Possibly formatting options as above :)

Im probably forgetting something but this is a start

These are standard on almost any email system

-Bodette

DeletedUser7719

1. A Subject line.
Yes

2. Ability to CC
3. Forward the email to someone not originally in the original thread
Almost the same idea, and I would like to add the ability to delete someone from the conversation as well

4. A Favorite option or ability to add to a Saved Folder
5. Add attachments
6. Possibly formatting options as above :)
I doubt these will be implemented, but I still like them

Now all that's left is to use the template

DeletedUser

I would like to see the mail icon turn green when there is a new mail. As it is unless you rigorously check everyday, you wouldn't know u had new mail.

DeletedUser

+1 for the subject line
especially in messages to the whole guild, a subject line like "change of rules" "new GB alert" or something could be very very useful. this way guild-mates who log in later can still see what a guild message is about and if it is something that has to be read (and not chit chat) they can read it and act accordingly

DeletedUser15432

When you get a new message, the mail icon flashes already so this is a non starter and gets a -1 from me as there is already a system in place to cover this

DeletedUser

When you get a new message, the mail icon flashes already so this is a non starter and gets a -1 from me as there is already a system in place to cover this

that's true, but if you get many messages a day, and the most important was the first one, it will get buried and for that reason remain unnoticed :/
another way could be to designate certain emssages as important, so they always take priority in the listing, similar to the guild forum threads