• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to version 1.275 Feedback Thread

FOE-79923: In Guild Battlegrounds, we're upping the stakes! From now on, only victories in the Diamond League will contribute to your position in the ranking. Victories in lower leagues will no longer have an impact on your rank, raising the bar for competitive play and rewarding top-tier success.

Thank you :blush:

Agent327

Overlord
FOE-79923: In Guild Battlegrounds, we're upping the stakes! From now on, only victories in the Diamond League will contribute to your position in the ranking. Victories in lower leagues will no longer have an impact on your rank, raising the bar for competitive play and rewarding top-tier success.

Read again. Lower Diamond League still counts, so it is not top-tier at all.

Cubs Fan 628

Private
Are we getting a new Cultural Settlement? I saw something on FB yesterday about Polynesia, but couldn't find anything myself.

harold mouse

Corporal

It is a minor cosmetic adjustment to something that must surely have left Inno feeling that they had egg on their faces. But it makes no difference. The ranking table will be pretty much as nonsensical as before, just with the most extreme absurdity removed, and it will make no difference to matchmaking, which is the real problem in diamond.

Mennolly

Private
Taking away the ability of smaller and lower level guilds to have their victories rewarded will ruin what is left of GbG. You say it is to reward top tier guilds but the majority of Forge players are not in top tier guilds. Guilds only have 80 players maximum and top guilds only take players who are prepared to devote lots of hours per day to sector swap. Also sadly there are a few top guild who continue to use bots or scripts to dominate GbG as they did in GvG. Inno continue to reward for their use of these things. How about you give a bit of thought about the majority players by fixing GbG instead. My guild is a diamond guild but I know the game will lose many lower level players and guilds.

Agent327

Overlord
Taking away the ability of smaller and lower level guilds to have their victories rewarded will ruin what is left of GbG. You say it is to reward top tier guilds but the majority of Forge players are not in top tier guilds. Guilds only have 80 players maximum and top guilds only take players who are prepared to devote lots of hours per day to sector swap. Also sadly there are a few top guild who continue to use bots or scripts to dominate GbG as they did in GvG. Inno continue to reward for their use of these things. How about you give a bit of thought about the majority players by fixing GbG instead. My guild is a diamond guild but I know the game will lose many lower level players and guilds.

Do you actually understand what this is about? The only change is in ranking points. It does not take away anything!

Mennolly

Private
Do you actually understand what this is about? The only change is in ranking points. It does not take away anything!
Do you understand that those ranking points from victories mean as much to non diamond guilds as it does to top tier guilds. Quote from announcement- Victories in lower leagues will no longer have an impact on your rank, raising the bar for competitive play and rewarding top-tier success
Top tier as in diamond league only. Why should only diamond league guilds get the ranking points? Does Inno or anyone understand that those lower league guilds work just as hard for their victories and those ranking points as diamond guilds. In fact harder than the bot and script users.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Do you understand that those ranking points from victories mean as much to non diamond guilds as it does to top tier guilds. Quote from announcement- Victories in lower leagues will no longer have an impact on your rank, raising the bar for competitive play and rewarding top-tier success
Top tier as in diamond league only. Why should only diamond league guilds get the ranking points? Does Inno or anyone understand that those lower league guilds work just as hard for their victories and those ranking points as diamond guilds. In fact harder than the bot and script users.
It doesn't matter for us in the lower leagues as what's "important" are the league points we get or lose. Also the rankings in lower leagues are simply too artificial to actually matter, especially that we are constantly yo-yoing between normally two leagues. This fix is mainly for the diamond top guilds with the 1 000 LP cap not reflecting properly the true rankings up there.

Agent327

Overlord

You do understand that not all diamond league groups are based on Guilds with 1000 LP? 901 LP is also Diamond leaugue. Now Guilds will not drop to Platinum, but to low Diamond to score massive points. Nothing has changed. The system is still the same. The opportunities just a bit more limited

Except the few that keep hammering on the subject on this forum, not many really care about the ranking. What they do care about is the match-ups. Nothing will change there. You are getting a gift out of your own pockets.

papashakes

Corporal
I'm in a guild of 4 fighters on G.. so far this season we have won 2 rounds in platinum and come 8th in our one round in upper diamond.. not through planning or trying to yoyo just by doing the best we can and here we are with 1000 LPs again and listed 6th place in our world.. this round we will place 8th again because we just can't compete in upper diamond..

at the end of this season I'm predicting we will place in the top 10 guilds in our world for having 3 victories in platinum.. yet other guilds who have won 2 victories in diamond will place below us.. until the devs work out some kind of way to give a value to wins in different leagues this will continue.. cutting VPs from lower leagues really does nothing..

Sir K.

Private
I'm in a guild of 4 fighters on G.. so far this season we have won 2 rounds in platinum and come 8th in our one round in upper diamond.. not through planning or trying to yoyo just by doing the best we can and here we are with 1000 LPs again and listed 6th place in our world.. this round we will place 8th again because we just can't compete in upper diamond..

at the end of this season I'm predicting we will place in the top 10 guilds in our world for having 3 victories in platinum.. yet other guilds who have won 2 victories in diamond will place below us.. until the devs work out some kind of way to give a value to wins in different leagues this will continue.. cutting VPs from lower leagues really does nothing..
The exact text in the update message is “…From now on, only victories in the Diamond League will contribute to your position in the ranking. Victories in lower leagues will no longer have an impact on your rank,…”. So from now on the stronger guilds in diamond league will rise on the ranking. It would be great if Inno will make a correction running it back to the start of the first championship. In my world we have now a guild on #4 with only 700k VP, while very able guilds who do good in diamond league with 1.7m points even dropped to #13. The whole ranking is still a farce as long as that’s not fixed. Hopefully the matchmaking is next on the devs list.

Last edited:

kabibbles

Private
This is a feedback thread for changelog 1.275. Read the full changelog here: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-version-1-275.46601/post-468017
It seems like a lot of players are having trouble with buildings not getting polished/motivated since the last update. I NEVER had to use self-aids before this last update and now almost all of my biggest FP producing buildings are not being polished/motivated. I spoke with several other players and guilds and they are having the same problem. I think the new update is flawed and needs to be reassessed.

Gorroth

Private
It seems like a lot of players are having trouble with buildings not getting polished/motivated since the last update. I NEVER had to use self-aids before this last update and now almost all of my biggest FP producing buildings are not being polished/motivated. I spoke with several other players and guilds and they are having the same problem. I think the new update is flawed and needs to be reassessed.
This. I can't believe my stormspires and feta farms are getting motivated over my Aegeans, sunhavens and labs. The algo is clearly poorly thought-out.

More and more minor annoyances keep piling up, the previous one having been the unit management makeover, all making the game less and less fun to play. Ah well... Just get nutcrackers and shut up, right?

Nidwin

Sergeant
The problem is between keyboard and chair, or hand palm and mobile and not on Inno's side. Inno has added a lot of new buildings, including small to very small ones in events so it's up to the players to make their own choices while not crossing the aid/motivation limit. Inno also played it fairly by making nutcrackers fully available during the winter event so everyone had a shot to get a full massive aid kit a day to resolve for once and for all the possible aid issues.

I had 4 long lanes (20+) FPS (3x lavender + 1 fisherman's peer) not because I couldn't replace them with better buildings but because I had reached the limit I could get motivated. Past winter event changed the given so I was not only very happy but I also adapted. But it's much easier to whine than applying the S in a RTS game, way easier.

Gorroth

Private
The problem is between keyboard and chair, or hand palm and mobile and not on Inno's side. Inno has added a lot of new buildings, including small to very small ones in events so it's up to the players to make their own choices while not crossing the aid/motivation limit. Inno also played it fairly by making nutcrackers fully available during the winter event so everyone had a shot to get a full massive aid kit a day to resolve for once and for all the possible aid issues.

I had 4 long lanes (20+) FPS (3x lavender + 1 fisherman's peer) not because I couldn't replace them with better buildings but because I had reached the limit I could get motivated. Past winter event changed the given so I was not only very happy but I also adapted. But it's much easier to whine than applying the S in a RTS game, way easier.
A building that produces 1 good and 1.4 FP or 2 fragments (stormspire) should not get motivated over a building that gives 31 FP, 32 current era goods, 76 previous era goods, 90 guild goods and 3 fragments (thundering lab).

It's just poor game design. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
The new aid priority makes NO sense! Jumpin' Pumpkin - produces Supplies and ONLY supplies - takes priority over buildings such as (max level) Royal Bathouse (produces units when motivated) and (max level) Governor's Villa (produces units and goods when motivated). That makes no sense - units and goods are more valuable than supplies. Please go back to the old aid priority.

Agent327

Overlord
The new aid priority makes NO sense! Jumpin' Pumpkin - produces Supplies and ONLY supplies - takes priority over buildings such as (max level) Royal Bathouse (produces units when motivated) and (max level) Governor's Villa (produces units and goods when motivated). That makes no sense - units and goods are more valuable than supplies. Please go back to the old aid priority.

Has nothing to do with this update. Pumpkin was already having priority before it.