Hello Queens and Kings,
We are happy to bring you the Community Sprint in the Changelog 1.209. This is only the first batch of the changes we've been working on, as we will have a continuation of these changes with the Changelog 1.210. Over the past few weeks we've been collecting your feedback, and we've received a lot of feature and improvement requests (everything well described, detailed and very interesting).
In addition to that, we are aware that many of you also asked for drastic changes to the Army Management, Inventory and Trade windows. Nevertheless, the scope of work for such changes would be too large for 1 or 2 updates, unfortunately. Therefore, we won't be able to deliver all the changes that have been requested with these two updates, but this doesn't mean that these features will not be revisited in the future.
The update to 1.209 will take place on Monday, July 19th There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Now, without further ado, we hope you enjoy the improvements as much as we do!
Community Sprint Improvements
- Previously, when reaching a total of 80 invited friends, it would no longer be possible to send new friend requests. However, it would still be possible to receive additional 60 friend request invitations. From now on, you can have up to 140 friends, regardless of who is inviting who (meaning you can either send or receive up to 140 friend requests)
- The goods overview have been improved, thus making it easier to distinguish between era goods in multiple windows: Market's create offer tab, Inventory's goods tab and Guild goods / Guild Treasury:
- Whenever an achievement was still not reached, the game would show your progress towards the next level (e.g. win 3,000/50,000 battles). However, upon reaching the highest level of an achievement, it would display the message "you've reached the highest level of this achievement!". In addition to this message, you can now also view your continuous progress of your achievements (e.g. win 65,000/50,000 battles).
- The Players tab in the Global Ranking window was not displaying the players' Era on Browser. The Global Ranking UI has been updated to also include this information now.
- We changed the way guilds are recommended to you. Previously, some suggested guilds displayed in the list were inactive. We introduced a new criteria to determine which guilds should be presented in this list, in order to reduce the likelihood of players joining inactive guilds.
- Some parts of PvP Arena were not displaying local translations. This issue has been fixed now.
- We fixed an issue where the notification for PvP Arena's end of season would be sent multiple times.
- We fixed an issue where the PvP Arena's personal ranking was not being properly reset.
- We fixed a browser issue where it was not possible to immediately scout a specific Mars' province, before owning another 4 provinces.
- Under specific circumstances, new guild admins would sometimes not receive permissions to delete, unmark and/or lock existing guild conversations.
- We fixed an issue where right-side bar would sometimes still display an unconnected building icon, despite the building being properly connected.
- Having buildings with negative happiness (e.g. House of the Wolf, Black Tower, etc) would count towards the demand for happiness. This issue has been fixed now.
Mobile Only Changes
This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game and only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet.
- We have added an option to disable "Victory" and "Defeat" animation banners after battles. These animations are already skippable with a simple tap, however, skipping hundreds of battles everyday could be repetitively annoying. Therefore, from now on you'll be prompted with a confirmation window to disable these animations upon skipping them 10 times.
- Under very specific conditions, battling in the campaign map after visiting the Egypt Settlement could result in error. This issue has been fixed now.
- We fixed an issue where the Inventory's stock tab would automatically display goods of previous eras.
- We fixed a visual issue with the text style of Antique's Dealer boosts
If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please click here or visit us on Facebook!
If you would like to get yourself informed about our features in development, please visit our Beta servers, or check the Mobile Beta Test Program.
Your Forge of Empires Team