• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.62

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I think it keeps flashing till we have unread messages ... it was flashing non-stop for me too and I did check all the pages and opened all the unread messages and now it looks ok for me ....Not sure of it though ...

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
It's my understanding that ranking points in general are a bit more complicated than they appear at first sight. So changing the general way they're acquired, plus changing the existing points earned through GBs, is going to take some time.

Do you actually believe this hogwash you're trying to feed us?

I cannot imagine ranking points being so complicated that a competent programmer could not fix the problem in an afternoon. Of course, the developers at InnoGames are not known for their competence. If incompetence was a crime, the lot of them would be on death row.

In fact, after seeing how the new Future GBs only encourage players to level their GBs to even more absurd levels, I believe the developers are lying to us. They don't have any intention of ever fixing the score problem and never did. Otherwise they would already have fixed it months ago.

DeletedUser99692

Thank you Darkstar I will wait patiently because it will be an enormous task to clear my inbox on some worlds otherwise ;)

DeletedUser2991

Solving 1 problem (playing on different consoles) is resulting in a worse game for all? Why is that.
Sorry to say, but even after the latest update i see ppl quitting the game. I hope its due to important rl things.
Don't let the designers think we (some) are that smart. Players do not understand they should not leave messages (even after the update). Some of us are not that smart resulting in stress and work for others.

DeletedUser1032

Here's my list of questions and/or problems...

1. After I log in, the Guild Members tab at the bottom shows me at the centre, which is nice. However, when I switch to any other tab (or go to Continent Map or to Research and then come back to my city), the tab automatically goes to the beginning of the list. It would be nice if it stayed where I left off.

2. When there are unread messages, the Message Centre button flashes, which is nice. After I check all the messages and close the Centre, it stops flashing, which is nice. However, after coming back to my city from Research or Map screens, the message button flashes again, even thou there are no new messages. Not so nice.

3. Right now the only way to leave a message is to open it, then go to the burger menu, than hit 'Leave'. Would be nice to have a 'Leave' button for each message right at the Message Centre.

4. Also, it would be nice to have a 'Delete' button there. The purpose of a delete button would be to remove a message from my inbox, without actually leaving that message. This way players could keep their inbox clean, but because they're still part of that message they'd still get it back whenever another player replies. For example, lets say I get three or four pages of new messages, most of them requests for FPs, goods, or polishings. With a delete button, I could simply read a message, do what it asks for, then delete it - yet still be able to get replies from players who are part of that message.

5. Here's something that got me confused a bit... When I open the Message Centre, then open a message, there is a 'Message Centre' option in the burger menu - which closes that message and brings me back to the Message Centre. But there is also a nice fat juicy 'X' button at the top-right corner of that message, which does exactly the same thing. Not a problem, simply wondering why we need two things in same box in order to close that box.

DeletedUser7719

5. Here's something that got me confused a bit... When I open the Message Centre, then open a message, there is a 'Message Centre' option in the burger menu - which closes that message and brings me back to the Message Centre. But there is also a nice fat juicy 'X' button at the top-right corner of that message, which does exactly the same thing. Not a problem, simply wondering why we need two things in same box in order to close that box.
It's more useful when you're trying to access the message center from anywhere you can write a personal message (i.e. go to another player's GB, then you want to record your donation to a GB team, so write a message to any player from the GB screen, then click on the message center, then find your GB team thread to write).

DeletedUser6065

My order of preference:
1. Delete button. Messages I care about keeping are getting buried.
2. Most current message to the top.

. . . mk

DeletedUser104833

Any chance that we could get the "Delete thread" button back ? You know- the one where the thread didn't show up in the mailbox unless there was new traffic in it. Just helps with keeping things nice and neat while not ending up being out of the loop. Also- inbox/outbox were another nice way of organizing things (i send a lot of one on one correspondence when someone posts faulty trades on the market). Last but not least- i'm seeing a lot of "Group Message" in my mailbox so i've no idea what the topic is at a glance. Could we get a way to edit the titles of received messages or add comments ?

DeletedUser101925

The next step to improving the messaging system could be an option to let new members join new conversations.

That way we don't have to remake threads when new members join a guild.

DeletedUser99588

The next step to improving the messaging system could be an option to let new members join new conversations.

That way we don't have to remake threads when new members join a guild.

Why just new members? Why just members? Why not just have a feature where the thread owner can add/remove whomever they like whether they are a guild member, friend, neighbour or just a player in the same world?

DeletedUser100555

Add/remove player was the only missing feature from the old system to make it perfect. This would have made it more like Twitter rather than the catastrophic modelling on Facebook.

I think everyone wants 'unsubscribe' and 'delete all' with subscribed threads popping back up again when activity occurs. Right now we can't clean the mailbox and the activity icon is never accurate - entering another activity or dialog box seems to reenable it even if you have already checked messages.

Its still hopeless and unusable. Not that our guild activity has recovered from changing the daily calc time anyway.