• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units from later eras

• Thread starter DeletedUser112076
  • Start date

DeletedUser112076

Dear colleagues!

Maybe someone can explain me, how it is possible, that a player, who is currently in Contemporary Era:
07-02-2018 5-01-32.jpg

can have units from "Tomorrow":
07-02-2018 5-07-52.jpg
?

And I'd like to here the opinion of the FoE administration: is it fair?

vikingraider

Emperor
If you follow the story quests, you can get advanced units. You can do it in a few ages. Max is 3 ages in front I think.

vikingraider

Emperor
Hm... I always receive outdated units from the story quest line )) Maybe it's also possible to get advanced units from the GE?

How?

You can't get more advanced units from GE. Also, it can't be unfair for someone to have advanced units, when you could have them too, by following the story quests in a certain order.

LadyHecate

Major-General
I have already looked. There's nothing about Story quests.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Quests
And blame me! It was me that told Tristan the Terrible how to get them as we're both in CE on the same world and he asked the question after meeting my The Future era Hover Tanks which I have as a city DA.
Good luck euge77; if you're meeting Tristan then you'll be meeting me too!!!
Oh, and I'm also only 1 story quest away from having Arctic Future era troops in my CE city!

DeletedUser

You can't get more advanced units from GE. Also, it can't be unfair for someone to have advanced units, when you could have them too, by following the story quests in a certain order.
In a certain order? I thought they always appeared in the same order.

DeletedUser112076

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Story_Quests
And blame me! It was me that told Tristan the Terrible how to get them as we're both in CE on the same world and he asked the question after meeting my The Future era Hover Tanks which I have as a city DA.
Good luck euge77; if you're meeting Tristan then you'll be meeting me too!!!
Oh, and I'm also only 1 story quest away from having Arctic Future era troops in my CE city!
Never thought I'd ever thank you, considering how I hate the AI stupidity in FoE which often results in this :D:D:D
07-02-2018 9-29-47.jpg
(my friend's village)

But you've really helped, so thank you! Didn't know about that wiki.

By the way, what's the sense of staying in Contemporary era when you can go on and move to the next one? Don't want to spend your FPs on technologies until all of your GBs reach level 100? Or maybe 1000?

LadyHecate

Major-General
I meant what you do in one quest can affect what you receive further down the line. So you need to plan
Very true! For example, on the Campaign Map in TE you need to Negotiate for the whole of the first Province in order to receive free unattached Stealth Tanks in a later quest otherwise you'll get a quest giving Light units instead.

(my friend's village)

But you've really helped, so thank you! Didn't know about that wiki.

By the way, what's the sense of staying in Contemporary era when you can go on and move to the next one? Don't want to spend your FPs on technologies until all of your GBs reach level 100? Or maybe 1000?
Your Friend must still be in my current 'hood as that screenshot was from last week; send me their name and I'll pay them another visit!
With regards to staying in CE; I enjoy it, the units are a good variety. I've played TE/TF/AF on one of my diamond mines and they didn't compare to CE; especially TE which is a horrible Era to play in. My guild hovers around 50 members half of which are OF/AF but we are very active on the GvG map and thus need some players in lower Ages generating goods for the Treasury and able to fight many battles and fill DAs in those lower Ages; I do that for the guild's CE map.
You don't need the tech tree to build and level GBs. All my FPs go on GBs, many of which are at high levels.
I also have the security of being #1 in my 'hood every week. I'm very rarely attacked and it's been a looooong time since my city's DA was defeated. Conversely, I'm able to attack anyone else in the 'hood if required, this has included players with DAs from higher Eras and 500%+ defence. This allows me to offer some protection to fellow guild members in the same 'hood; leave them alone or receive a visit from me!!

DeletedUser112076

Very true! For example, on the Campaign Map in TE you need to Negotiate for the whole of the first Province in order to receive free unattached Stealth Tanks in a later quest otherwise you'll get a quest giving Light units instead.
Can't agree. According to the quest description you provided yesterday, stealth tanks appear after solving this quest: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Who_Pulls_the_Strings? It has no branching before it, so it doesn't matter how you take control over the first provinces in TE. Well, if wiki is right.
Your Friend must still be in my current 'hood as that screenshot was from last week; send me their name and I'll pay them another visit!
What's the scope?
I also have the security of being #1 in my 'hood every week. I'm very rarely attacked and it's been a looooong time since my city's DA was defeated. Conversely, I'm able to attack anyone else in the 'hood if required, this has included players with DAs from higher Eras and 500%+ defence. This allows me to offer some protection to fellow guild members in the same 'hood; leave them alone or receive a visit from me!!
How much time have you been playing here? Did you donate money in this game? I'd say, the what you are is something abnormal, if you know what I mean. Anyway, it's all philosophy.
Remember, that all your battles in FoE are not against players, but against the AI, and no one can make it act in some way or another. The weak-minded AI shoots rogues, and I've never seen you, in particular, attacking without 7/1 rogues - well, you're just using the AI weakness. Try making it without your rogues and we'll see, how many battles you'll be able to make in a row and against how many "%+ defense".
By the way, I just wonder - how do you make your decision upon who to attack at the moment? How does it come to you? Or you just begin from the bottom of your neighborhood every day and attack until all your rogues are kicked out?

DeletedUser111866

The weak-minded AI shoots rogues, and I've never seen you, in particular, attacking without 7/1 rogues - well, you're just using the AI weakness.
Rogues have another advantage - they soak up shots which will otherwise cause harm to regular units, that's why everyone is using them. You should too, instead of whining.

DeletedUser98451

@ euge77 Its untrue to say that the AI cannot be manipulated. Its a common belief that rogues are useless on the continent map but by fighting manually and carefully they can be used to great effect. Simply keep the unit out of range and push the rogues forward, this forces the AI to target them, pull morphd rogues back and keep pushing the rest forward. Usually by the 3rd round you'll have enough units in good positions and good condition to win the fight.
It takes a little practice and some thought but its well worth it.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Can't agree. According to the quest description you provided yesterday, stealth tanks appear after solving this quest: http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Who_Pulls_the_Strings? It has no branching before it, so it doesn't matter how you take control over the first provinces in TE. Well, if wiki is right.
That's just one quest line which guarantees 2xStealthTanks. You need to Negotiate the first TE Province to get a second set of 2xStealthTanks (total 4).

What's the scope?
Not sure what you're asking?

How much time have you been playing here? Did you donate money in this game?
I started playing 6 months after World L opened; when the Speaker's Corner event was on. Don't Pay to Play, but I do have Diamond Mines on 7 other Worlds feeding my main city on L.

By the way, I just wonder - how do you make your decision upon who to attack at the moment? How does it come to you? Or you just begin from the bottom of your neighborhood every day and attack until all your rogues are kicked out?
It's time-dependent! Keeping 7 Diamond mines going takes some time, as does being a guild Leader so I don't get a great amount of time to plunder the 'hood! Generally, I'll explore the 'hood on Mondays and Thursday; Tue/Wed is GE and Fri-Sun is RL family time. As you suggest, I used to start at the bottom of the 'hood and work my way up, however, with Kraken I now start at #2 and work my way down until Kraken charges are expended and then move to the bottom and work up.
I would also point out that, as my in-game Profile states, if a Neighbour Aids me at least once every 48hrs then I will always Aid back; thus I'm only plundering c. half the 'hood at most.

DeletedUser112076

Rogues have another advantage - they soak up shots which will otherwise cause harm to regular units, that's why everyone is using them. You should too, instead of whining.
Are you an idiot? I've been playing FoE for 2 years and i know everything what rogues do and what they don't do. And i said, that during the defensive battle against an opponent army, that comes with 7/1 rogues (sometimes 6/2, very seldom 5/3 and less) the stupid AI shoots rogues instead of kicking-off that only unit, that allows rogues to transform. Is there anything unclear here? It's a bug, and i hope, someday it will be fixed.
@ euge77 Its untrue to say that the AI cannot be manipulated. Its a common belief that rogues are useless on the continent map but by fighting manually and carefully they can be used to great effect. Simply keep the unit out of range and push the rogues forward, this forces the AI to target them, pull morphd rogues back and keep pushing the rest forward. Usually by the 3rd round you'll have enough units in good positions and good condition to win the fight.
It takes a little practice and some thought but its well worth it.
I never said rogues were useless. They are useful when attacking (see screenshot above). Thanks for your tactical review, but as i said, i know it and from time to time i use it on the continent map. Better tell me how you propose to manipulate the AI in the def. battles.
That's just one quest line which guarantees 2xStealthTanks. You need to Negotiate the first TE Province to get a second set of 2xStealthTanks (total 4).
OK, i'll check the story-line once again.
Not sure what you're asking?
You said: "...Your Friend must still be in my current 'hood ... send me their name and I'll pay them another visit!..". Why the hell should i do this for?
I started playing 6 months after World L opened; when the Speaker's Corner event was on.
It says nothing to me. What was the date, year?
but I do have Diamond Mines on 7 other Worlds feeding my main city on L.
Diamond Mines)))) You mean, you've invited yourself to FoE 7 times and now you receive crystals from those your incarnations for reaching eras up to CE?
if a Neighbour Aids me at least once every 48hrs then I will always Aid back
Well, i hope, you aid first, 'cos i always try to aid back (time-dependent too), but never aid those who once attacked.

LadyHecate

Major-General
OK, i'll check the story-line once again.
I stand corrected! It's the story line on the TF map (not TE) that you have to Negotiate the first Province in order to get Hover Tanks later in the story line.
It says nothing to me. What was the date, year?
It was the 2015 Memorial Event, so c. Sep 2015.
Diamond Mines)))) You mean, you've invited yourself to FoE 7 times and now you receive crystals from those your incarnations for reaching eras up to CE?
No! I have cities on some of the other worlds all under the same account, not just on L. Any Diamonds earned during quests, WW/FoY collection, GE rewards etc are pooled across all worlds and can be spent on any of them. Thus I collect Diamonds on the other worlds' cities to use on my main city on L.
Well, i hope, you aid first,
Never! Unless they're in an allied guild with reciprocal Aid and non-plunder agreements.