• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Units dying after I've surrendered

DeletedUser

I suffered numerous failures to capture a certain territory in Maktaba. I'm sure anyone reading this will know which one I mean. I've taken to trying different unit formations and then surrendering the instant it becomes obvious that my tactic has no hope of working in an effort to preserve my units and limit the delay before another attempt while I create new units.

In the last attempt it came down to his ballistas and when the first one fired at an archer instead of a spear I realised my plan had failed and so I immediately surrendered. However, not only did the archer who was fired upon appear in the list of the lost but two other archers who weren't fired at showed up as dead. That's 6 hours now before I can make another attempt at taking this territory. Extremely frustrating and not much fun at all. The game is in serious jeopardy of becoming too difficult to be worthwhile at this rate.

DeletedUser65

iv seen this as well but whether its a bug i cant say.the way i look at it is the ai decides to take a few pop shots before accepting your surrender. from what iv seen the only way to guarantee you dont get hit after surrendering is to make sure your toops are the next troop to move or even the current troop to move. if the enemy troop has begun his movement as you surrender he will finishhis move and may allow 1-2 more of his troops move.

DeletedUser1081

the AI does indeed "anticipate" its own moves sometimes. farmerlynch's explanation is an excellent one ... but i'd still call it a bug.

DeletedUser65

i actualy believe its a feature rather than a bug(if not it should be).let me explain
with the merge's happening weekly were constantly getting new neighbors.
now i dont know what defending army my new hood mates have so all i need do is attack and surrender without recieving damage and will have a good knowledge of what army to take 2moro thus giving me a free scout report.
however with this "feature" i may loose 1-2 of my troops in the process therefore adding a value as such to getting that scout report

DeletedUser

Thanks for the replies guys. I understand what you're saying FarmerLynch but there is a cost to the quick surrender already and it's that the attacker has to wait 24 hours before mounting his attack. Personally I would never have the same defence from one day to the next but I can easily see that some people might. Still, I can't see most people taking that approach to attacking others. I think the fact that computer battles are more costly than they should be outweighs the slight advantage to pvp.

DeletedUser

From the few times I used this, you can only surrender on one of your turns. So any enemy turns before your next one will happen before you finally surrender. Just think of it as the enemy pursuing fleeing troops, which seems reasonable to me. If I choose to continue by taking my turn I don't see why I can then run away without consequence because my attack didn't go the way I hoped.

DeletedUser

That sounds reasonable Shining Crow. If that is the case, which does sound likely, then perhaps a different mechanism is required to make it clear what has occurred. For instance, the battle plays out but at an increased pace...

DeletedUser

I have read somewhere, can not find it that if you surrender during the AIs turn, they will finish out there sequence of attacks. Just like Shining Crow said above, if you shoot someone with your archer, and then high tail it out of the battle, but it is now the AIs turn, every unit that is in order to attack will get there hit on your units. This seems pretty logical to me, and makes it to where people can not save there last unit if they know it will die the next hit the AI gives.