• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Unable to Logg into any server

DeletedUser6386

• World: Fel, Gref, Hounds
  • Browser and Version: Windows XP, Internet Explorer, Chome
  • Overview of the bug: Unable to logg into any server for more than 24 hours, getting the home page and select world, then blue blank screen, NO loading nothing!
  • Screenshots:
  • How often this occurs:
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

DeletedUser99221

I'm having the exact same problem, though it hasn't been since 24hrs ago.
My problem started about 4 or 5 hours ago maybe.
Tried firefox and internet explorer, tried logging off/on and also restarting computer but nothing has helped.

WolfeBeast

Private
Hi Kimba, No error or nothing. You go to log in, choose your world, then progresses to the next page that's just light blue. There it stays. Using Safari or Chrome, if you right click and get the flash menu, all it says is Loading and the Flash version number, that's it.

DeletedUser97484

Can't log-in here either, 3 worlds, been going on for almost 24 hrs. Can log into account but when I click on a world, I get the blue screen where the world loads, but no loading bar, just plain blue screen..when on that page have the addy of http://en8.forgeofempires.com/game/index?login=1&ref=
Can't even start a support ticket, says support is down due to maintenance.

DeletedUser

We are still investigating this but in the mean time it is worth checking your anti virus settings, or bitdefender, if you have that installed, I will keep updating as I know more :) sorry all :(

WolfeBeast

Private
Indeed you are right Kimba, a Bitdefender update took place over night and locked us out.
After looking into this problem further i have found a work around.

Open up Bitdefender.
Within the Antivirus box click the Cog Icon.
Under the 'On-access Scanner' slider, click the Custom box and you will get a pop-up options box appear.
Click the 'Traffic Scan' tab and untick 'Scan HTTP Traffic'.

You will now be able to login and get past the blue screen as per normal. This has now worked and been tested on 3 computers.
Good luck all.

This may apply to other Antivirus software, so might be worth checking if you don't run Bitdefender.

DeletedUser

CONFIRMED
If you are using BITDEFENDER IS you just turn off the Antivirus settings/Shield/ on-access scanning until you login (5 min). Or if you know how to add www.forgeofempires.com to Bitdefenders trusted zone.
So its some conflict with latest BD virus definitions.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I would still personally classify it as a bug though. I don't want to turn off my antivirus just to log in to a game, even for a few minutes (as I usually tend to forget things in the short term). Inno needs to find what's triggering BD and work around it. Hopefully I could log back in after a week or less. I could use the downtime too. I was getting a bit bored.

Surge

Brigadier-General
I am not particularly sure if the company behind BD saw the game and exclaimed, "This game is a virus! We must block it!" Maybe a line of code triggered something, who knows. But now that I have read all the posts in detail, I realized it was most likely BD that started it. Maybe both Inno and BD should investigate, it could be something on both ends. I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't really know.

WolfeBeast

Private
Indeed it's not FoE, its the latest Bitdefender virus definition updates!
Bitdefender's answer is to uninstall/reinstall in the meantime.

DeletedUser97484

Indeed you are right Kimba, a Bitdefender update took place over night and locked us out.
After looking into this problem further i have found a work around.

Open up Bitdefender.
Within the Antivirus box click the Cog Icon.
Under the 'On-access Scanner' slider, click the Custom box and you will get a pop-up options box appear.
Click the 'Traffic Scan' tab and untick 'Scan HTTP Traffic'.

You will now be able to login and get past the blue screen as per normal. This has now worked and been tested on 3 computers.
Good luck all.

This may apply to other Antivirus software, so might be worth checking if you don't run Bitdefender.

That fixed it for me ~ Thanks WolfeBeast :D

DeletedUser

I think they've fixed it. Today everything is OK without turning off things.

WolfeBeast

Private
With Bitdefender's latest update in the early hours, indeed the problem has been resolved.
Once again i can verify and have tested on several computers.
As the above was and is a work around, it's maybe now best to revert changes back to how they were. :)

DeletedUser

Problem again.
At my work I'm using Linux Ubuntu 10.4 and Firefox (with a script to bypass the adobe flash 11.5 requirement) and obviously no antivirus but the problem is still here - blue screen and can't login!!
Tried with Chromium but there is still flash requirement.
Tried Chrome but it can not install with Ubuntu 10 and the boss doesn't want to upgrade Ubuntu version. So I'm stuck!

Last edited by a moderator: