• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Turn off quest green check

DeletedUser109708

Proposal:
We should have the ability to turn off the green check that appears beside quests that are ready to complete.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea
Did not find another post

Reason:
Having that constantly flashing green check on your screen for days is very annoying. Just because I can complete some random task does not mean I have any interest in doing so.

Details:
If I ignore the green check for a while, the game should get the hint and realize I am not ready to complete that task. The green check should turn off, or disappear after a while. It gets real annoying when you add special events and I have multiple flashing green checks.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
None

Vesiger

Monarch
It hadn't even occurred to me that anyone would not take a quest reward once it was offered - what's the advantage?

DeletedUser110195

It hadn't even occurred to me that anyone would not take a quest reward once it was offered - what's the advantage?
If it requires goods you need for something else you can't quite finish, or in new cities as I've come to be re-acquainted with, coins or supplies, having that bouncing green check mark trying to tempt you into screwing yourself over because you need those goods/coins/supplies for something vastly more important.

DeletedUser103370

Yeah, like those typical quests, where you pay let's say 10000gold + 10000supply, then you get 10000supply in return... :)

DeletedUser109708

I have had a shortage of a particular good for weeks, and of course this quest wants to wipe out my entire stock of that good. The "reward" was a few measly coins. In another example they wanted goods and FP for an event building that had no value to my city.

DeletedUser110195

I have had a shortage of a particular good for weeks, and of course this quest wants to wipe out my entire stock of that good. The "reward" was a few measly coins. In another example they wanted goods and FP for an event building that had no value to my city.
Just out of curiosity, what event building was that?

Vesiger

Monarch
I have had a shortage of a particular good for weeks, and of course this quest wants to wipe out my entire stock of that good. The "reward" was a few measly coins.
One can of course simply decline/cancel an inconvenient quest (well, unless it's in the storyline or an event...)

DeletedUser110195

One can of course simply decline/cancel an inconvenient quest (well, unless it's in the storyline or an event...)
I tend to just leave them there until it's not an imposition to complete them, unless it's asking for something completely absurd, like spend 250k coins and supplies for happiness buildings you don't need, just to cut your loss down to 200k coins and 250k supplies. I don't know who benefits from such side quests...you should have happiness sorted out before these come up at all.

DeletedUser16126

-1, the check is not flashing, it is just static, so why is it annoying?
The rest of the city is more or less static. I find it more cumbersome that in case of teh treasure hunt the green check has been removed when the time to collect was overdue, so now you think it is traveling while it's doing nothing.
I agree that in quests where you have to pay that the green mark comes too soon. it should come when the quest is finished, not when the quest can get finished.

DeletedUser110195

Static means not moving, and while the check may not be flying around the screen or enlarging to achievement levels, it is still noticeable in your field of vision and has as much movement as the star above polivated buildings/decorations.

DeletedUser16126

Static means not moving, and while the check may not be flying around the screen or enlarging to achievement levels, it is still noticeable in your field of vision and has as much movement as the star above polivated buildings/decorations.
So let's start with the stars first if they annoy you, there are many more of them than the green check....