• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser100915

So as I've made my way into the highest era I've noticed how difficult it is to trade down my CE or PME to acquire lower aged goods for tech or to help in lower ages in GvG. Sometimes I could even expect my trades which are totally fair to be expired before taken, which is strange because I have 80 good friends, 79 guild members and a hood of people within my same age.
The same problem happens when I try to trade colonial age for late middle age goods, it just wont happen if I want basalt or brass.

My proposal is to make merchants worthwhile, you're not very likely to trade at a 0,1 ratio of the same goods unless you were actually insane :P

This could be done in multiple ways, to respect trading between players and the GvG aspects aswell.

1. I'd say a ratio of 1.5 when trading downwards and 0.5 when trading within the same age would make it really worth considering and take advantage off if in desperate need.

2. Or you could be allowed to trade fair with any merchant for 100 of your goods per day to ensure trading with players doesn't die off. What I mean is that there will be a limit on how much u could trade with merchants per day if they hold a fair trade ratio. I personally like this idea better.

Cheers iiendless

DeletedUser2989

I think part of the issue with point 1 would be that the goods cost ratio (which I suspect have impacted your choice of 1.5 and 0.5) changes as you go higher up in age. A good table is found in the following thread under the title "Goods Cost Ratios" (You'll need to click the spoiler tag to see the table):
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?781-Goods-buildings-explained&highlight=trade

Another issue that impacts both the points is that if you make the traders too much more "fair" to trade with it makes it pointless to build your unboosted goods buildings. Building the unboosted buildings of good you need means that you effectivly get the goods at a cost of 5:1 rather than 10:1 using the merchants (with the merchants remaining relevant if you want to save time and effort). A discussion about this can be found here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?28507-ARREST-The-TRADE-BROKERS

DeletedUser100915

Hey thanks for the reply.
Regarding the first issue I dont really think the costs for producing goods should be a factor, the higher up you go the more coins and supplies you also produce. However I can think that people will argue with that so therefore I lay back with the suggestion of the possibility to trade 100 goods fair and square with traders each day. Most times that's enough, but for some they will still rely on hood and friends and guild ofcourse.

The second issue is somewhat hard to understand, you wish people to build unboosted goods because traders are broken? Doesnt that prove my point that traders need an overhaul? :) You should never need to build unboosted goods, you shouldnt even be able to. But that's for another person to suggest :)

DeletedUser2989

Hi iiendless,

You are able to edit your first post if you wish to make amendments to your idea, otherwise others that stop by to read your idea will read the outdated version you proposed and miss the changes you'd like to make. While your editing it'll be really helpful if you also format your idea, makes it easier to forward if your idea can get community support.

On the second issue, it's not that the traders are broken but that different options are open for different situations. (I hope this can make what I said clearer :) )
Players have the best value option of trading fairly with other players where they can use their boosted goods to get the goods they don't have boosted at 1:1.
Players that can't wait that long (assuming others aren't taking up their trades at all) but don't want to sacrifice value can build the unboosted buildings and get the goods at a roughly 5:1 ratio.
Players that can't wait at all (so need the goods right now and aren't getting their trades taken) can use the traders at a 10:1 ratio.

Perhaps it's just my opinion that we should keep options open and not make paths redundant, anyway we will see how people vote on this idea.

DeletedUser15432

I quite like this idea, and therefore I will give it a +1, it is basically pointless to build unboosted goods manufactories

DeletedUser

I want to say spmeting. I dont think it is unfair to trade with ratio 2:1 if for example the offered goods are from the Iron age, but the needed are from the high midle ages. Can someone explain me why if I offer 60 jewelery for 30 brick this trade is unfair. To the idea - I say +1

DeletedUser99588

I want to say spmeting. I dont think it is unfair to trade with ratio 2:1 if for example the offered goods are from the Iron age, but the needed are from the high midle ages. Can someone explain me why if I offer 60 jewelery for 30 brick this trade is unfair. To the idea - I say +1

You can trade with those ratios with your guild, friends and neighbours. That is a potential of over 280 players you can trade with at those rates. The Merchant traders are not meant to be competitive and should be seen as a last resort because the idea of the game is to interact with other players and build up trade relations with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.